Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Lower ice %

This is a discussion on Lower ice % within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I don't get why everyone complains about this, mages always were the class at a disadvantage, they get something besides ...
Page: 5

I don't get why everyone complains about this, mages always were the class at a disadvantage, they get something besides tp that makes em an awesome asset to the party and it's beeing criticized.

Altho I agree, 15 seconds is way too long to stay iced, I disagree when people say the icerate should get nerved. If every ice spell, excluding blade(should last like 3 secs) slowed around 5 seconds, it would still be awesome to have an icemage in the party and people would still complain.
    On the other hand, if they decrease the slow rate again, K2 might as well decrease warrior hp/ac; a sin's hp and put cooldown on minor heal. Doesn't seem fair? Play a nerved mage then.

And hacks have nothing to do with mages beeing to powerful now. Patch the hack(that's gonna happen.. ) and leave mages as they are then.

NaidenZ

Even if it is 10, you expect to win? Plus, you dont mind being maliced, subsided and parasited, but do you mind being iced. You have a priest - I am sure he has to cure duffs, why cant he cure ice? I still can't get the point.

tip: get an archer or sin to annoy the mage.[/b]
    yeah good idea before let's get a buffer in a pk party ( party cure)
    now let's get a archer

wow look THIS PARTY ROCKS just for kill a mage

LOL

there is a big difference betweeen debuff like parasite ( when u cure ur self , u gain hp)
    nd malice/torment , same with reserver live if u r scroled it gives u hp

and they all have cooldown instead of ice which u can spamm it ooo and btw, cure curse of priest has cooldown too...so

yeah good idea, let's get a buffer in a pk party ( party cure)
    now let's get a archer which hits nothing
    wow look how i'm making a pro party just for kill a mage

LOL

there is a big difference betweeen debuff like parasite ( when u cure ur self , u gain hp)
    nd malice/torment , same with reserver live

and they all have cooldown instead of ice which u can spamm it ooo and btw, cure curse of priest has cooldown too...[/b]
    your argument is flawed

when you cure ice, you regain your speed. isn't this the same?

you guys overlook a fact - you can't stack ice. once you are iced, you can only get iced again when your iced-status is removed.

so having 10 ice spells and 2 ice spells is technically the same

Slide-EYE

well ice is rly rllyyyyy too high with succes to slow enemy and as there was said, even thru ice pots i get iced from 3 of 5 casses...
    leg cutting and scream seems to be lowered for me ...

yeah good idea, let's get a buffer in a pk party ( party cure)
    now let's get a archer which hits nothing
    wow look how i'm making a pro party just for kill a mage

LOL[/b]
    An arhcer does not hit for nothing, as I am sure many archers will tell you. And the ability to take out the mage is valuable in itself. However, you could also take my advise and get a sin, which I believe hits fine.
    Oh, and party cure does not have a cool down. Sorry, but pk-ing with a buffer that has a 1920 is not a bad idea, primarily not because of ice, but because of duffs. Unless you are going to cure a party of 8 from torment 1 by 1.
    And in the end its your choice: you either make a proper pk party, or you stick with your one priest and avoid crowds.

nd malice/torment , same with reserver live

and they all have cooldown instead of ice which u can spamm it ooo and btw, cure curse of priest has cooldown too...[/b]
    When you cure parasite you go back to your original HP. When you cure ice, you go back to your original speed. What is the difference?
    I have played priest very little, but I think you can almost spam duffs: malice, parasite, torment, subside, throw in 2 heals, rinse and repeat, no?

And btw, I can't spam ice aoe's - they also have a cooldown and there is only 3 of them.

the problem with ice is that its spammable. You get unslowed and u are liek, yes i havbe a chance. o shit. i was unslowed for 1 second. Im slowed again already. Its like mage is so overpowered with their elementals. At least make maybe only the 70 nova a really high %. Im tired of lvl 60's with blizzard being able to run away from me countless times.

the problem with ice is that its spammable. You get unslowed and u are liek, yes i havbe a chance. o shit. i was unslowed for 1 second. Im slowed again already. Its like mage is so overpowered with their elementals. At least make maybe only the 70 nova a really high %. Im tired of lvl 60's with blizzard being able to run away from me countless times.[/b]
    soooooo you want them to sit there and let you get free np? or wack you with 300 damage staff ? sounds like a worthy class to play imo. PPl play choose to go ice mage as support, what good can they be if they cant even slow ppl?

I dont understand, they already reduced stun rate, obviously they needed to increase ice rate. do you expect everyone to go fire mage? or better everyone go BP/Rogue/Warrior instead?

Banned

soooooo you want them to sit there and let you get free np? or wack you with 300 damage staff ? sounds like a worthy class to play imo.

I dont understand, they already reduced stun rate, obviously they needed to increase ice rate. do you expect everyone to go fire mage? or better everyone go BP/Rogue/Warrior instead?[/b]
    hes just jealous

NaidenZ

An arhcer does not hit for nothing, as I am sure many archers will tell you. And the ability to take out the mage is valuable in itself. However, you could also take my advise and get a sin, which I believe hits fine.
    Oh, and party cure does not have a cool down. Sorry, but pk-ing with a buffer that has a 1920 is not a bad idea, primarily not because of ice, but because of duffs. Unless you are going to cure a party of 8 from torment 1 by 1.
    And in the end its your choice: you either make a proper pk party, or you stick with your one priest and avoid crowds.
    When you cure parasite you go back to your original HP. When you cure ice, you go back to your original speed. What is the difference?
    I have played priest very little, but I think you can almost spam duffs: malice, parasite, torment, subside, throw in 2 heals, rinse and repeat, no?

And btw, I can't spam ice aoe's - they also have a cooldown and there is only 3 of them.[/b]
    who said party cure has cooldown ? read again, I clearly said CURE CURSE

yeah good idea before let's get a buffer in a pk party ( party cure)
    now let's get a archer

wow look THIS PARTY ROCKS just for kill a mage

LOL

nd malice/torment , same with reserver live if u r scroled it gives u hp

and they all have cooldown instead of ice which u can spamm it ooo and btw, cure curse of priest has cooldown too...so[/b]

get all ice talia

Banned

get all ice talia [/b]
    i ice warriors with 200+ GR so that doesnt really work : )

who said party cure has cooldown ? read again, I clearly said CURE CURSE[/b]
    I dont need to read again - I read it fine the first time. And I pointed out that PARTY CURE does not have one - and that is exactly what makes buffers valuable in PK: their cure is completely spammable while the other priests' is not.

ArminVanBuuren

Weird...'till now I haven't been iced 100%...it depends on when and how you use your magic shield...have also noticed that while using both magic shield and light feet while moving, you low the chances on getting slowed...Dunno about warriors, but seems to affect them the most since they are usually tanking while iced, so they are not in motion...thus, the ice hits harder to them.

you guys overlook a fact - you can't stack ice. once you are iced, you can only get iced again when your iced-status is removed.

so having 10 ice spells and 2 ice spells is technically the same[/b]
    i wouldnt agree on that. if i get iced once with lets say some ice skill, ice status icon starts to countdown from 20. if i get iced again by some other ice skill when countdown is at 15 second i.e., i get reiced, meaning new ice skill icon shows in the upper right corner and countdown is back at 20

i get feeling that when youre iced, every other ice skill that hits you has 100% success on reice...only when i get cured then slow rate is back to not being 100%...hard to explain <_<

Banned

i wouldnt agree on that. if i get iced once with lets say some ice skill, ice status icon starts to countdown from 20. if i get iced again by some other ice skill when countdown is at 15 second i.e., i get reiced, meaning new ice skill icon shows in the upper right corner and countdown is back at 20

i get feeling that when youre iced, every other ice skill that hits you has 100% success on reice...only when i get cured then slow rate is back to not being 100%...hard to explain <_<[/b]
    his point is that u cant get any slower than you already are.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast