Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Lower ice %

This is a discussion on Lower ice % within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ppl r steal saying that other skills like leg cuts , screams and LR is 100% success rate well i ...
Page: 7

ppl r steal saying that other skills like leg cuts , screams and LR is 100% success rate well i dont agree with that
    it depends on how much resistance u have against those skills

when i used Magic shield as i said above it almost blocks 95% of leg cuts , screams and LR so if u r above 120 RES u will be almost immune but with Ice skills THAT DOESNT HELP AT ALL i get iced with 95%+ even using magic shield.

i even tried wearing an ice talia + magic shield and still i get ice with 80%+ so its rly gay and they need to reduce it

archers and ice mages who were always get killed with 2~3 hits usually we cant even reach them anymore <_< (i use 3~5 cure pots to be able just to reach them sometimes if they r alone)

Added 2 but we are obviously missing a lot with whom we have not played.[/b]
    wtf? wheres my name?

ArminVanBuuren

BEFORE YOU READ MY POST
    The following 2 people I quoted need to stop arguing, we got your point now get ours.
    You apparently never played KO when skill mattered. End arguement.
    Your 99%retarded anyways. When ice starts to blink (which is 10 seconds of blinking) the person can be RE-iced for 20 seconds. You have to use a different ice skill but when im outside human base it happens all-the-time.

All of the people against reducing ice are preaching is to pk with a party. This game was ment for parties, yes. But, it was also ment for solo pvp which is why rouges were created. Rouges werent made to be a support class in a party so theres the point to that before anyway says anything against a rouge being a solo character. But when even the rouges (with magic shield) are complaining about 95% ice. Then clearly THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG. I sadly know the rouges feelings, when I pk with a priest or on a priest, I heal myself to build up some hp for the upcoming cure. Cure the warrior thinking, ok now we can start to kill them. Next thing I know, the warrior has moved 3 feet and they are iced again. So I try to build up some hp to cure again. BUT WAIT, 5 more rouges came long to ks a kill and started attacking me. It is no longer fun to pk even with a party, im more than sure any melee class will agree with me if they have pk&#39;d lately. Ice rate % needs to be reduced.

You used to be able to duo in KO, but now if you dont have 3 priests with you when you "solo" your fuked. Priest for curing, priest for healing you, priest for healing the other 2 priests.[/b]
    Game was always meant to be party-style...Rogue was meant to solo since game got bugged and allowed comboing. Rogues were made to be scouts for that party, and spike was meant to be their mean of defense by attacking first or being able to catch up with a warrior (at least for a second) to allow them an escape (face it, if rogue would have no combo, wouldn&#39;t be match for a warrior).

I still don&#39;t think there&#39;s nothing wrong with the icing %. Actually now mages must be happy, since they finally can do something since ice does almost no damage at all (c&#39;mon, a lvl 70 nova hits me for 200!!!). About your pking problem, well, it is part of the game...it is the same situation if you get duffed...you get duffed, while you are getting cured 5 rogues sneak up and ks, end of the story.

Besides, as someone said before in this same post, icing has given mages a slight chance in solo pk, something they used to lack...Priests could heal themselves...warriors could wear a shield and rise their AC to the skies, rogue would light feet his shit out of there...mage...mage what? even gate takes some time to work, so they were dead meat most of the time...all those 4 situations would end up in towning, except for the mage, because the first 3 would survive at least while being attacked to get to town, but mage wouldn&#39;t...I don&#39;t think it has fucked up the game, but given more balance...now people stops sneaking by alone to be "the hero" and start pking again in party, since they need the cure.

In my opinion, the new icing % has given even more challenge to the PK system...if you don&#39;t like the challenge, ok, no big deal, but complaining would do nothing...if you want to survive, you&#39;ll have to stop complaining and catch up, as most of us did sometime years ago.

PS: if rogue wasn&#39;t supposed to be a supporting char, then we should have no swift, no massive wolf and no lupine (cat&#39;s eyes is enough!!!)...imo, the only char meant to be "solo" or the tank, is the warrior.

NaidenZ

Game was always meant to be party-style...Rogue was meant to solo since gmae got bugged and allowed comboing. Rogues were made to be scouts for that party, and spike was meant to be their mean of defense by attacking first or being able to catch up with a warrior (at least for a second) to allow them an escape (face it, if rogue would have no combo, wouldn&#39;t be match for a warrior).

I still don&#39;t think there&#39;s nothing wrong with the icing %. Actually now mages must be happy, since they finally can do something since ice does almost no damage at all (c&#39;mon, a lvl 70 nova hits me for 200!!!). About your pking problem, well, it is part of the game...it is the same situation if you get duffed...you get duffed, while you are getting cured 5 rogues sneak up and ks, end of the story.

Besides, as someone said before in this same post, icing has given mages a slight chance in solo pk, something they used to lack...Priests could heal themselves...warriors could wear a shield and rise their AC to the skies, rogue would light feet his shit out of there...mage...mage what? even gate takes some time to work, so they were dead meat most of the time...all those 4 situations would end up in towning, except for the mage, because the first 3 would survive at least while being attacked to get to town, but mage wouldn&#39;t...I don&#39;t think it has fucked up the game, but given more balance...now people stops sneaking by alone to be "the hero" and start pking again in party, since they need the cure.

In my opinion, the new icing % has given even more challenge to the PK system...if you don&#39;t like the challenge, ok, no big deal, but complaining would do nothing...if you want to survive, you&#39;ll have to stop complaining and catch up, as most of us did sometime years ago.

PS: if rogue wasn&#39;t supposed to be a supporting char, then we should have no swift, no massive wolf and no lupine (cat&#39;s eyes is enough!!!)...imo, the only char meant to be "solo" or the tank, is the warrior.[/b]
    of course , the warrior should be the chart meant to be sol :lol:

no cure
    no swift
    no wolf
    no buff
    no ac
    most of the time they can&#39;t use hp pots because they have to use mana. bcz his skill like sd, hs,hb waste TOO MUCH MANA

and trust me when I say rogue shouldn&#39;t be the char for do everything solo

can heal his self
    can cure his self
    have swift, even apart of swift has lightfeet
    have wolf
    even have safety,evade (400, and 200 ac) if u know how to do, u wont have problems using them 24/7
    have drain and vampiric(10% nd 5%) a skill which helps alot for get a boss ( at least this is how I ksed a Troll King alone) nd even got a silver earring.
    dont need hp pots because minnor heals more and with minnor you can kill almost everything ( with my chars 70 uber geareds like always, I&#39;ve killed HQ, obls and more)

the only thing they need is buff. ( join in a party, ask for it and leave nd done ! guess what ? you NEED NOTHING NOW.

man , your humble opinion is fucked.

ArminVanBuuren

Rogue has no buff either...cure is limited by pots that seem to be meant to be warrior&#39;s since they are pretty heavy to carry...we get as iced as warrior does, but we die in like 4 or 5 less hits than the warrior...I&#39;ve played plenty with both characters and with both of them I know how to survive if debuffed, iced or stunned...if I said warrior was the only one "meant to solo" it is because it is the only character that can really stand agains of a large amount of other players...rogue can tank with godly items and higher lvls...warrior can tank with basic items and middle lvls (70 is enough!!!).

While a warrior gets maliced/tormented, you can improve your AC by using a shield...thus, you have a chance to escape...rogue has to run and cure or he&#39;ll be dead...we cannot use scaled skin/safety/evade while maliced/tormented...we die in few hits if we choose to stop even for a while.

Why do you still complain about being iced? if pk wouldn&#39;t be a ks fest then you would surely complaining about not being able to catch the mage due to the ice, but not about being killed...you&#39;d still complain about it...if you get stunned, you complain, if you get debuffed, complain, if you cannot run as fast as the rogue, complain...many have been playing the same character as you, even with worst items for like 4 years, and still heard no complaining from them about it...as a rogue, I would have some complaints too...booohoooo I want to have buffs...booohooo I want to have debuff...boooohooo I want to be invulnerable to everything...but it is not possible, learn to live with it...if you don&#39;t like it, then why you play it? sit in there, wait &#39;till everything goes as you want to and be happy then.

Our minor is limited by the amount of mana we have...even if minor heals pretty fast, your mana also burns and you have to wait for the same cooldown as the warrior...we cannot use both pots at the same time you know? About the curing I just say everything...10 cure pots weight 150...at lvl 68 by using str armor I can just carry 1000...which mean I have to distribute my souls, hp pots, cures, defenses, ress stones, magic shield, str set, HP set, magic hammers and other stuff which means I have to repot pretty often at the inn...an average warrior, with the same lvl, can carry out 2000 at least...no need of extra str set, because it is your main set...hp set, only if you want to...you can carry at least 200 souls and 135 hp pots with that, with your full weapon&#39;s set too...you could even carry 10 or 15 FR/LR/GR pots, which weight as much as cures and wouldn&#39;t even notice (I do so for FTs).

Every (read, EVERY) character has advantages and disadvantages...but they all are pretty balanced the way they are...as a rogue, I should also be complaining about the icing, as you guys do...but I won&#39;t, why? because I still believe some other players must have a chance to catch up...this is what was done to mages when they gave a better chance to ice everyone...you have to admit it, a mage alone with no uber gear is no match agains any warrior, BP or rogue that knows how to do its job (sorry mages, but most of the average mages may agree with)...now they can also live this game and don&#39;t be always relying on the party to stay alive at CZ...is that so bad? I don&#39;t think so...about the overpowered rogue, I just mentioned the disadvantages so I don&#39;t need to explain anything else...besides, rogue stopped being "undefeatable" since lvl cap was rised to 80.

No need to say anything else.

PS: I have played as a warrior too since the beginning of Ares, so if you wonder how could I understand how a warrior feels while pking iced, debuffed and stunned, trust me, I do know and I still manage to stay alive. You should try too...but will only work if you stop complaining about every feature of this game that seems to set a disadvantage to your char...what you have to do is think how to beat that disadvantage...if you do, you can go on...if you don&#39;t...well, you must already know. -_-

arko

of course , the warrior should be the chart meant to be sol :lol:

no cure
    no swift
    no wolf
    no buff
    no ac
    most of the time they can&#39;t use hp pots because they have to use mana. bcz his skill like sd, hs,hb waste TOO MUCH MANA
    and trust me when I say rogue shouldn&#39;t be the char for do everything solo

can heal his self
    can cure his self
    have swift, even apart of swift has lightfeet
    have wolf
    even have safety,evade (400, and 200 ac) if u know how to do, u wont have problems using them 24/7
    have drain and vampiric(10% nd 5%) a skill which helps alot for get a boss ( at least this is how I ksed a Troll King alone) nd even got a silver earring.
    dont need hp pots because minnor heals more and with minnor you can kill almost everything ( with my chars 70 uber geareds like always, I&#39;ve killed HQ, obls and more)

the only thing they need is buff. ( join in a party, ask for it and leave nd done ! guess what ? you NEED NOTHING NOW.

man , your humble opinion is fucked.[/b]
    with respect.

we talking PK here, not XP.. which decent player out there solo with buffs anyways lmao trix are for kids funneh rabbit
    all chars can solo<

use HP scroll
    use AC scroll
    Use Swift pot
    Use Attack scroll
    these my friends, are essential to pk< P.s i disagree best solo class is rogue, i say best solo class is BP <3

only way a warrior gets fucked is no cure. But mages can&#39;t cure too. Plus they get spammed at by constant 300%< so i don&#39;t know why warriors are complaining.

back to topic
    They try to make the game more BALANCED, not restore it to its youth.

I think the problem here mates, is not ICE is getting over powered, they are given and advantage to equal themselves to others more fair. I am sure many people hands down, will agree, WARRIORS ARE PROB THE EASIEST TO PK WITH AND GET A KILL REGARDLESS!

ty

NaidenZ

we are not talking about if all chars can solo, we are talking about which class was made for do everything solo, and definitely It&#39;s roguee
    in girakon when I was farming in bowl like 24/7, of those 24 hours , 3 of them I used scrols

It&#39;s okay they wants to make the game more balanced, but they failed, before ice was like 40% now its 100% , 60% more ? even a warrior with we +2 gets iced, am I talking bullshits ? no , i play a warrior who has we+2 nd shits like that in cypher sometimes, and that&#39;s really fucked

arko

i know you are warrior, and a nice one.

Understand the frustration for all classes about new ice %. But it is acceptable right now. Think about it, what else is an Ice mage good for? Should it always be the underdog and be an XP class only?

Even so when you get iced, their pewny damage doesn&#39;t bruise anyone.

as you&#39;ve stated, warriors aren&#39;t meant to solo, neither or mages. Warriors stay with your priest and Mages stay with your Warriors =D

ArminVanBuuren

we are not talking about if all chars can solo, we are talking about which class was made for do everything solo, and definitely It&#39;s roguee
    in girakon when I was farming in bowl like 24/7, of those 24 hours , 3 of them I used scrols
    It&#39;s okay they wants to make the game more balanced, but they failed, before ice was like 40% now its 100% , 60% more ? even a warrior with we +2 gets iced, am I talking bullshits ? no , i play a warrior who has we+2 nd shits like that in cypher sometimes, and that&#39;s really fucked[/b]
    Have you ever played with a rogue while there was no combo yet? Try to pk for a while with no combo, with warrior and rogue, and tell me how it goes.

Just after that you&#39;d know what I mean when I said warrior is closest to the solo player than the rogue is. :P

PS: if priest would have at least sprint, then that would be the ultimate solo player, not even rogue (but get him debuffed and sure warrior can survive longer still)

It&#39;s okay they wants to make the game more balanced, but they failed, before ice was like 40% now its 100% , 60% more ? even a warrior with we +2 gets iced, am I talking bullshits ? no , i play a warrior who has we+2 nd shits like that in cypher sometimes, and that&#39;s really fucked[/b]
    NaidenZ, have you played mage before? If not, why?

there you just answered your own question.

I dont understand how a warrior with Leg cut, Scream and Stun Shock can whine so much about mage.

wtf is an ice mage gonna do when you are iced? /town?

NaidenZ

I&#39;ve played a mage ice nd I did pk with a mage ice and I think i have some fraps somewhere in my disk doing 10vs3 nd shits like that
    1 war+ 1 priest+1 warrior, and trust me when a support mage is A GOOD ONE he wont need ice too much.
    I&#39;m talking about months ago, in logos before this gay patch... when my brother played IceTime...

a nice mage, isn&#39;t only if he can slow everyone it means helps doing tp, running away nd tp people who is dieing and ofc using his nova/blizar when is possible.
    seems like you have never played with a goooood ice mage support.
    MOST mages likes this new ice than works 100% because most of them are papers, or using complete/crimsong and most on mp whatever
    at least, my brother with his mage icetime on logos , lvl 70 , points exactly for wear crimsom and rest in hp .

that&#39;s a good mage support.

You should have played with him , so you can know what means a good ice mage support and realize ice isn&#39;t everything and realize you don&#39;t need than your ice works 100% for helps alot in a party.

I&#39;m not crying anyway , I can live with it but k2 failed changing ice rate too much... it was like 30-40% but now its 100% -_- even a lvl 45 mage who made his account some hours ago can slow you -__-

forgot ice blade works now too =(

Havoc2

I&#39;m not here arguing whether rouges are solo characters or not they can be done both ways I was just making a point. Their 80 skill is more than enough to show they are built up to be solo characters after the fire drake patch and warriors, priests, and mages are forced to stay in parties.

But thats off subject, ice % is more than 10x the rate of scream and legcut at the same time. Why does everyone that gets hit by it think its 100%? Because you never see the animation for scream anymore unless it DOES work against you. Same with legcut you wont see the icon anymore unless it has worked succesfully. I have played warrior for 2 almost 3 years now and the % of scream and legcut have not changed at all. Magic resistance has been built up more due to +1 uniques and so on giving scream even less effectiveness.

Those are all off subject of the ice %

It&#39;s pathetic. Warriors with +1 WE&#39;s, ice belt, and ice talia get iced as much as me if not more sometimes than others. We went to CZ and tested it with a human mage level 53. I had my normal gear on and had around 50gr and he had 200+. I started off by letting the mage use the level 33 aoe on us (which I might add is highly effective) every single time it hit both of us it iced both of us. But when it hit just 1 of us we were un effected. There was maybe 1 out of 30 times that he or me would not get iced. Then the 45 aoe and other random ice skills. The other warrior with 200+ gr was iced 45 out of the 50 times we tested the 45 aoe. NOT TO MENTION this is on a level 53 PAPER ice mage. I was iced 44 of the 50 times with 50 or less gr.

The only theory I have now which is more than retarded if it is true is if the amount of people damaged by the aoe effects what % of effectiveness it has. But with 2 people alone we were iced 88 to 90% of the time by a level 53 paper ice mage with a +7 wood staff. Next attempt.. int mage level 53 or 70 if anyone volunteers with +8 staff or better.

I say they just remove ice as a whole, and add something like DARK ELEMENTAL

and every skill doesnt inflict any damage, but all has 100% blind effect, just so you would quit this game

You don&#39;t get the point of what&#39;s going on here,ppl complain because ice is being abused.What&#39;s even the point of resist pots/magic shield if it doesn&#39;t change the slow rate - you have 30 GR you get slowed,you have 200 GR you get slowed so what&#39;s the point of these being implemented into the game ?And after the ROFD patch i don&#39;t think mages (ice/light/fire ws/e) should be complaining that much with all their cool skills...

Azraim

yeah it&#39;s really boring, when there are somes actions at cz u can&#39;t have fun becuz in rush, u will be iced 80% of the time so all u do is to try to attack and watch them be killed or run away :angry:
    Im even iced by ice arrow most of the time it&#39;s also boring :P

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast