Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Lower ice %

This is a discussion on Lower ice % within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; You don't get the point of what's going on here,ppl complain because ice is being abused.What's even the point of ...
Page: 8

You don't get the point of what's going on here,ppl complain because ice is being abused.What's even the point of resist pots/magic shield if it doesn't change the slow rate - you have 30 GR you get slowed,you have 200 GR you get slowed so what's the point of these being implemented into the game ?And after the ROFD patch i don't think mages (ice/light/fire ws/e) should be complaining that much with all their cool skills...[/b]
    Indeed, mages did improved after ROFD, but so did every other classes. However, mages, as of today, still stand as the only class that is incapable of soloing. They rely solely on party.

Pre-Moradon patch, Ice was so useless to a point where everyone re-skilled to light / fire mage right after they hit level 72. The stun rate was consider imbalance. (Once again referring to 90% of light mages video, they perm stun in almost every verses.) Ice, on the other hand, dealt the least damage, slow was only mediocre at its best, and back then Ice staff / blade couldn't slow. Only full support players would go ice mage. 3 years later, Moradon patch released, ice mages are finally get a slight buff, and people start to complain none-stop.

Switching from Ice to Light, I have notice that my ice usually never works. chances decreased from 4/5 to 1-2/5. Ice rely on glacier elemental damage, which means unless the player is a fully Ice mage with an ice staff, the ice % is still quite low.

I have 70 Glacier resist, and TBH, I RARELY gets iced, unless from an HP build Ice mage (support). Fire mages / Light mages usually never slow me when I put on minor ice resist. If an ice mage can't even do their job probably, what is the point of being an ice mage? If let say ice % is reduced by halve, what motivates people to play ice mage?

Notice how majority of the players that complained warriors? Because they can't cure themselves. For rogues / priests, it is just like getting debuffed, they waste cure, and life goes on. But even as a mage myself, I don't find annoying really.

Azraim

warrior seems have problem with ice rate really. Try to get a warrior account if u want and in every rush u will get iced

try to get a mage account, and every time u try to bypass a warrior you get screamed and legcut.

point being?

NaidenZ

try to get a mage account, and every time u try to bypass a warrior you get screamed and legcut.

point being?[/b]
    point , a mage was made for being a support , helps the party and attack from far, u dont need to stay near the warrior = but if you want to bypass a warrior with your ice/light/flame blade, then that's your fault.
    point , a warrior if isn't near you , he can't use any of his skills on you,.

a warrior wants to bypass a mage , the mage is far from him but since he can use his ice skills from far the warriors gets fucked
    a mage wants to bypass a warrior , the mage ices the warrior nd since it's like 90% then he runs without problems.

lol ?
    the problem isn't only about warriors, look my previous post in ( page 3) about how the ices fucks the priest too...

anyway, why cry if k2 will leave as it's ? . :X

nvm D:

ArminVanBuuren

warrior seems have problem with ice rate really. Try to get a warrior account if u want and in every rush u will get iced[/b]
    Playing with one lately (lvl 71) and no, I don't get always iced...I get iced maybe 2 out of 3 or even 3 out of 5, but not ALWAYS :huh: (no godly uniques...I just know how to avoid it -_- )

nvm D:[/b]
    BINGO!!!! :lol:

point , a mage was made for being a support , helps the party and attack from far, u dont need to stay near the warrior = but if you want to bypass a warrior with your ice/light/flame blade, then that's your fault.
    point , a warrior if isn't near you , he can't use any of his skills on you,.

a warrior wants to bypass a mage , the mage is far from him but since he can use his ice skills from far the warriors gets fucked
    a mage wants to bypass a warrior , the mage ices the warrior nd since it's like 90% then he runs without problems.

lol ?
    the problem isn't only about warriors, look my previous post in ( page 3) about how the ices fucks the priest too...

nvm D:[/b]
    you made me wonder why all these mages die non-stop in CZ. they should be immortal with their ice !

Banned

Just deal with it :mellow:

Its just a game...

Hostibus

Bla bla bla
    All u guys are talkin about that parties n parties - what do u want priests to do ? go buffer and stand + pres 1 button all the time ( party cure ) cause thats the only way to keep party unslowed. /skillless

80 warrior with full uniques , awesome resists getting slowed by some fcking 60 noob mage (with gear that costs less then 1 repot for that warrior) is just bullshit thats all - ice should depend on resists + sth like mage lvl / skill lvl or whatever to make it fair for high lvl mages with decent equipment

ArminVanBuuren

What ice resist does (completely) is reducing the DAMAGE received from the elemental damage...if you get stunned, iced, burned (lol) then it has different reasons...ofc, those resistances help you reduce the effect in a certain rate, but you will never get inmune to it (I can get stunned by using LR talia, magic shield and having 75 base LR sooooo...TESTED BTW).

You can still attack with the same speed, you just cannot move as fast as before for a bit, you still have your same AC, same AP, so what's the big deal? if you die it would be just because you stopped focusing on your attacking/defense just because you got iced, and that wouldn't be mage's fault (well, let's say they help a bit :P ).

D0ntLikeAFreak

stuns are fucked up no fun with this shit...

KalaBunga Senior Member

ice is nice , but its nothing compared to , Shock stun , whne im slolwing on my mp ice mage built perfectly for solo pk and party pk you can aks the peeps that i pk wiht ,

ice for mages it one of the best BUIlds atm , i blade people for 500 easly , (72 skill)

no i dont got sick items mostly on qeust jewels / and a +0 ep ,

BUT all ohter items then ice for fire mage / lighitng ar really expensive.

when i solo like 10day i ahd 6 people behind me i kep slowing thats , the ones that did not got lowed , were the rogue but , insantmagic + 2x ice armor and some staff took care of them

even if i go into vs and im not using nova's my 72 skill will just slow them witch makes most uys panaic and mess up there combo

yes as an icemage i think the %% should be a bit less ,

but you should not complain as a warrior , you have Quite high resit , 2x the HP , beter items , same dmg or higher

what might be the reason why I never see you solo in CZ?

KalaBunga Senior Member

what might be the reason why I never see you solo in CZ?[/b]
    this mornig 2 scrolls on g1 then after the gm kill on g2 i was solo 2

Hostibus

ice is nice , but its nothing compared to , Shock stun , whne im slolwing on my mp ice mage built perfectly for solo pk and party pk you can aks the peeps that i pk wiht[/b]
    YO SHOCK STUN IS 80 SKILL PPL ARE WORKIN FOR IT :F Dont compare it to some freakin 45 ice spells ( aka 100% slowing blizzard )

KalaBunga Senior Member

YO SHOCK STUN IS 80 SKILL PPL ARE WORKIN FOR IT :F Dont compare it to some freakin 45 ice spells ( aka 100% slowing blizzard )[/b]
    got to addmit to that people work for it , but i can still find it anoying

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast