Latest K2 Q&A on banned players

This is a discussion on Latest K2 Q&A on banned players within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; K2 has responded to my latest question in a series of queries based on gamers’ questions and comments. (To suggest ...
Page: 1

colinstewart

K2 has responded to my latest question in a series of queries based on gamers’ questions and comments. (To suggest a question, e-mail it to [email protected]. This particular question is OK, I think, but I’ve submitted several more meaty questions and I'm waiting to hear back. Please keep the comments and questions coming.)

This week’s question is about lists of banned players, a question that several players posed after Max Whitaker of K2 said that there's a right to privacy, even in a virtual world.

K2’s response is on my “Inside Innovation” blog here.

To read previous questions and answers, go to the blog’s “Q&A with K2” page.
    http://innovation.freedomblogging.com/k2qa/
    -- Colin Stewart

Am I the only one who notices that they always change their story and still don't get it right?

Am I the only one who notices that they always change their story and still don't get it right?[/b]
    haha yea, k2 is hilarous - I love how they have to respond to him - Hell, Maybe have him send customer service tickets to k2 since all they want is their damn automated help crap. haha

Am I the only one who notices that they always change their story and still don't get it right?[/b]

hahah yeah x]

wow.. their response is like really gay.........................

warriorsPriest

gay people give gay answers

Perfect

Players who don’t cheat are punished just for being in a party with a player who does. One reviewer of “Knight Online” advised new players not to become archers because archers often end up in that predicament: “Take some good advice and don’t become an archer. They make you guilty of cheating by association, not evidence.”

K2’s response:

In regards to the concern that innocent players are removed from Knight Online for adventuring with cheaters, I have to confirm that this is indeed the case. Most often, cheaters will exhibit behavior that is obviously beyond the abilities of a normal player, such as accelerated movement speed or rapid arrow fire. The “innocent” players who are affected in this way are in groups with those who fit this profile. Simply being associated with these cheaters is not the concern; instead it is the fact that they are also reaping the same benefits as those cheaters. It would be like riding in a car all night with a bank robber who keeps handing you cash after each score and being surprised when you are arrested along with him. As for the reviewer’s comments, I’m not sure what exactly gave him/her that impression, but I’d imagine the truth is a bit more complex. For whatever reason, archer characters are commonly used by cheaters. As such, a large percentage of groups removed for cheating are comprised of archers. Beyond that, he/she went on to mention guilt by association, which leads me to suspect there’s more to the story.\

Idiots, like new players know anything about cheaters in ko.

Complaint:

Hackers take a player’s virtual weapons and armor — or the entire account — but K2 doesn’t restore what was lost.

K2’s response:

K2’s customer support team is often contacted by customers who have lost an item or items in the game. Primarily, this occurs when the security of an account a player uses is compromised. Often, this happens after a player has a falling out with someone with whom he or she has shared his/her login information, which is against K2’s policies. However, this can also be the result of malicious attacks on the player’s computer, such as with a key logger or Trojan. The items are then transferred to the perpetrator’s account and distributed to any number of other accounts. K2 considers account security the responsibility of the player, as K2 has no control over what players do with their passwords or the security of the computer they use. However, K2 provides tips on its Web site to assist players in protecting the accounts from these malicious activities. Beyond that, returning these lost items to players is problematic at best. To illustrate this, imagine the following scenario, involving three players; Suzie, Bobby, and Gary:

1. Suzie shares her login information with Bobby.
    2. Suzie and Bobby have a falling out.
    3. Bobby logs into the account that Suzie uses and transfers an item to the account he uses.
    4. Bobby returns to his original account and sells the item to Gary, possibly at a much reduced price.

What is the best way to resolve this situation to everyone’s satisfaction? Take the item from Gary, who innocently purchased an item, not knowing its origins? Duplicate the item and potentially impact the in-game value of it? Do nothing about the items and remind Suzie about maintaining proper account security? Generally, for players who have lost items, K2 provides a standardized set of items appropriate to the character’s level. These items may not be comparable to those lost, but prevents players like Suzie from being unable to advance. This way, Suzie can go about rebuilding her cache of gear.\

woot im lvl 70 and i lose shells +8 shards +8 and full uniques, and what do i get chitins +6 and md +6 sweet i can rebuild in no time

thekingofswing

Arrow

K2 has responded to my latest question in a series of queries based on gamers’ questions and comments. (To suggest a question, e-mail it to [email protected]. This particular question is OK, I think, but I’ve submitted several more meaty questions and I'm waiting to hear back. Please keep the comments and questions coming.)

This week’s question is about lists of banned players, a question that several players posed after Max Whitaker of K2 said that there's a right to privacy, even in a virtual world.

K2’s response is on my “Inside Innovation” blog here.

To read previous questions and answers, go to the blog’s “Q&A with K2” page.
    http://innovation.freedomblogging.com/k2qa/
    -- Colin Stewart[/b]

A right to privacy? Does K2 actually think thats a good excuse... what do they think people make their chars their full name with address or something?

Colin i quote "K2’s customer support team is often contacted by customers who have lost an item or items in the game. Primarily, this occurs when the security of an account a player uses is compromised", ask them about the times they have left vulnerabilities within there website/PUS scripting that allowed people to hack accounts. Also they left several files that could be used for malicious purposes in the operating environment of their web server. Yet they still do not give support to these players! They all LAZY, that is the true fact! When me dean devile GM'd they only had 1 competent technical support guy and he was expected to work 30293424802384238094 hrs a day!!!