Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Positive Steps for the community!

This is a discussion on Positive Steps for the community! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; As it comes from Linus, I'm sure everything is going to be okay. Hello Knights and Knightettes. These are the ...
Page: 1

oli

As it comes from Linus, I'm sure everything is going to be okay.

Hello Knights and Knightettes. These are the current known issues for Knight Online, and what's being done in each case.

Drop rate of Crystals, Opals, and Crude Sapphires
    This is on track to be fixed as soon as possible. Details on the change will be forthcoming as we get closer to the patch.

Bifrost bug abuse
    Certain entrepreneurial individuals are able to bypass all of Bifrost and go straight to killing Ultima. As this is upsetting the markets on many servers, it's something we're taking very seriously. Everyone caught doing this is being banned, but we're also exploring more immediate measures.

X-trap trojan false positives
    X-trap is being reported as a trojan by some anti-virus programs. This is what's known as a "false positive," because X-trap is not a trojan. Currently the only workaround for affected users is to disable that anti-virus program before running the game. This will hopefully no longer be an issue after the next X-trap update.

Speedhackers
    Speedhacking is a symptom of a larger problem, and I'm happy to report that this very problem is being solved by Mgame as we speak. A very comprehensive fix, it has been in the works for some months now and is nearing completion.

Gold farmers
    We have a number of new systems being rolled out that should make Knight Online a lot lighter on the gold farming. We can't discuss specifics, but this is something we know about and are constantly looking at ways to eliminate it.

Catapult bug
    This is on track to be fixed in the same patch that will do away with speedhacking.

Various low-level quest bugs
    A number of low-level quests are not working properly. The exact details have been communicated to Mgame and a patch is in the works.

Candy still dropping
    White Day candies won't seem to go away. This is a very tenacious bug. It will hopefully be gone after next maintenance.[/b]
    I think the best positive thing will be the speedhack problem. I'm sure they will make tbl files clientside and fuk up the hackers :P

Let's hope for a good future as we see that many good players are leaving or left already!

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

"Coming Soon"
    "We are working on it"
    "No We can't discuss/tell specifics"
    "Coming Soon"

To be honest I don't see anything new here? and I won't believe it till I see it...

It's better be hack of a patch not just usual 2-3 kb patch...

Ignore Me Senior Member

Speedhacking is a symptom of a larger problem,[/b]
    That has to mean tbl edit.

It could wipe out a lot of hacks.

But will server siding more stuff cause too much lag?

"Coming Soon"
    "We are working on it"
    "Coming Soon"

To be honest I don't see anything new here? and I won't believe it till I see it...

It's better be hack of a patch not just usual 2-3 kb patch...[/b]
    yep, those are all familiar words of K2, too bad K2 are known for not keeping promises..

oli

That has to mean tbl edit.

It could wipe out a lot of hacks.

But will server siding more stuff cause too much lag?[/b]
    well maybe the first week but if too much lag will go on they have to fix it because it has nothing to do with mgames then.

There never has been a community liason like Linus, he knows what hes talking about on the most part. I'm sure their working on it, but they aren't that fast :P

oli

There never has been a community liason like Linus, he knows what hes talking about on the most part. I'm sure their working on it, but they aren't that fast :P[/b]
    Nuff said. Linus knows what he is doing.

JDgarth

good im gunna hit 80 soon and i need stuff for hell blade :P

Banned

"Coming Soon"
    "We are working on it"
    "Coming Soon"

i cant stay that better

The king. Senior Member

well ihope they will fix it this time :P

phillyfreak

k2's solution to speed hacker- game is no longer 3d mmorpg, it is now an online card playing game. no one can speed hack anymore w00t!

Haveyouseenmybeartibbers? Senior Member JDizzle's Avatar

atleast we get some feedback now...

and GET RID OF THE DAMN CANDY... its retarded now

"Coming Soon"
    "We are working on it"
    "Coming Soon"

While I agree Linus is a good Liason, One of the best we had for along time now I have to agree with SuperGhost - I've been playing this game for nearly...4 or 5 year's now And I have YET to see a solution solved from k2 that benefited anyone but themselves - Their bug fixes in the past as Included Root kits that spy on you when you are running their game, False banning of accounts, Wiping all items from Forgotten Temple even though alot was gained legitly - and Banning people on their forum when they post about certain things they dont want anyone to find out about.

All the while, k2 had gotten away for the last 4-5 years that they DON'T have enough gm's, When I see peoples accounts sometimes I can see people spending 1-3k in cash just on Prem / KC Not to mention the fucking items they bought from other people.

Glader

But will server siding more stuff cause too much lag?[/b]
    Wouldn't a possible compromise be to check a hash-value of the table-files as well as their size whenever the client launches? As far as I understand it, it's not possible to edit TBL's under runtime.

Ignore Me Senior Member

Wouldn't a possible compromise be to check a hash-value of the table-files as well as their size whenever the client launches? As far as I understand it, it's not possible to edit TBL's under runtime.[/b]
    Don't think hack code runs the knightonline.exe.
    They just need to find out one chksum and send it.

A more complex system is to send the encryption forumlae. And incorparate the user ID within encryption. So the value of chksum changes per user and per patch(or more frequently). Thats what I would do total control smallest data packets.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast