Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Macros are a game changer...For the better??

This is a discussion on Macros are a game changer...For the better?? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I was banned on this forum in 2006 for making a post about being honest that i was using keyboard ...
Page: 1

Probation Senior Member

Default Macros are a game changer...For the better??

I was banned on this forum in 2006 for making a post about being honest that i was using keyboard macros for minor. Since then It seems like 90% of rogues use the keyboard but also Macro mouse to make key macros in knight online. The style of play has changed alot since we first saw 0000000 and alot of old legends In which YES they did use these macros...In fact you can watch the old pk videos close and find clips when they mess up and the macro is obvious. I used to hate the fact that people used macros in the game. I saw it as cheating..but as the game as evolved and the level of skill has raised so much since 2006 that these macros just make the game more competitive. So my question is... Do you think Macros are cheating? If so please explain your thoughts and opinions. Also, If Knight online had created a way to disable all macros from the beginning how do you think the game would be today? Would rogues have minor heal cooldown?? would archers have cooldowns?? i think Alot of this game has been changed to keep up with mass amounts of folks using these macros...But was that a mistake? Your thoughts.

Macros ruined assassins after minor heal cooldown was added, not before. People complaining prior to that were just complaining for the sake of complaining, since it doesn't really give you that much of an edge. Various games allow macro usage, some games don't allow it. In KO it doesn't really matter anymore, except that playing rogue without macro is pretty pointless.
    SmokeyJoe and SacruM like this.

It's forbidden, so it's cheating. People like to say that it is not cheating and blabla, but truth is, that all the macro users are cheaters. People prefer to be "better" than they would be by normal way instead of playing fully legal. It's pitty, but that's a situation.
    NuclearWinter likes this.

all rogues use macros .... it's sad but is the true ..... so many rogues forget to turn off their macros and we see them a--f--k in town putting light feet and defense at perfect times. everytime a macro goes down or stop running those sins are the biggest noobs ever they don't know how to play the game anymore without macros.

the worst thing is when they use full macros and small cheats..... they are not even playing the game anymore just clicking around with mouse.

K.S. King Senior Member Avariofvalequenta's Avatar

The use of Macros to get into UTC signups has destroyed the game imo. As basically the best money making event in ko, it's impossible to get in unless you cheat your way in with a macro. I wish they would find another way to sign up that actually gives non cheaters a chance

Little archer Senior Member

I mean, if removing a layer of complexity so that turk mcbabason can survive and attack just as well as someone who had mastered the minor combo, then surely it's better! more opportunities for scrubs all around.

The downside is that there isn't really a motivation to get the combo dexterity down anymore since a program does most of the work for you. Oh and also there's the issue of ruining the game for people who either don't have macros or prefer not to use them as they can't ever be in the same playing field again.

It certainly makes things easier. Less focus on your combo, more focus on your surroundings and support capabilities (same for the gifted dudes that use macro for warrior). To me it's playing KO with training wheels on, but that's what you gotta do if you want to stand a chance as a semi-competitive player in this year.

Global MyKo Senior Member Deadhealer's Avatar

Sorry but macros are shit. Every private server consist of 70-80 % macro sins and other classes. They even use it for 2rr2rr attacks as warrior. If we can stop macro, we will bring back old ko

Playing KO with a macro is like playing FPS with auto-aim...
    NuclearWinter and SacruM like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SEDE View Post
    all rogues use macros ....

Well, I play rogue and I refuse use it :-) But agree that "most" of them use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avariofvalequenta View Post
    The use of Macros to get into UTC signups has destroyed the game imo. As basically the best money making event in ko, it's impossible to get in unless you cheat your way in with a macro. I wish they would find another way to sign up that actually gives non cheaters a chance

Indeed. And solution can be quite simple if they would make login same as for example bdw ... in that case macro would login - logout - login - logout. Since they have this system implemented, it shoudn't be hard for developers I would say ... hope they will find out on something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It'S pitty it is quite hard to prove if they do not confess it ... There are people who use macro only for login into UTC - for example.
    I would like to see situation if all macro people would get banned/jailed :-D The top clans would probably die. Who knows how the game would survive it :-D

Maybe this is strange to most of the ko players. I prefer PVE content of the Knight Online over PVP most of the time. To me using macro or any other automated programming third party tools is cheating and shouldn't be in the game. You should enjoy playing yourself, whats the point to leave the computer open for 10 hours and make macro do the playing? Generally Ko players doesnt care about gameplay, they only care about being better then everybody else, having the best items etc. The playing process is often ignored and left to Macros and Koxp tools. I am against all kind of macro tools in Private Servers , too.
    NuclearWinter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauja View Post
    Maybe this is strange to most of the ko players. I prefer PVE content of the Knight Online over PVP most of the time. To me using macro or any other automated programming third party tools is cheating and shouldn't be in the game. You should enjoy playing yourself, whats the point to leave the computer open for 10 hours and make macro do the playing? Generally Ko players doesnt care about gameplay, they only care about being better then everybody else, having the best items etc. The playing process is often ignored and left to Macros and Koxp tools. I am against all kind of macro tools in Private Servers , too.
    how in the world can u enjoy KO's pve? the pve in ko is the lamest i've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by ScreameR View Post
    how in the world can u enjoy KO's pve? the pve in ko is the lamest i've ever seen
    I like killing bulcans with low class items. Dealing with orc warriors and dying. I enjoy upgrading +7 horn crossbow. those kind of things. Plate amor of Karus warrior is my favorite armor. My favorite weapon is Slayer. I like being noob in the game. as i said "strange to most of the ko players"
    NuclearWinter and black like this.

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

Almost every sin video I have seen has people straight up minoring without any HP pots. Of course they are all macro kids. You have to be a robot to minor that fast infinitely. This is the only legit sin video I have seen in a long time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjC3pr8yWD0

Quote Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post
    Almost every sin video I have seen has people straight up minoring without any HP pots. Of course they are all macro kids. You have to be a robot to minor that fast infinitely. This is the only legit sin video I have seen in a long time

I played sin about 6 years without using a macro, it's really not that hard to get used to minoring after you've done it for a while. Nowadays I do have a macro keyboard, but I'm too lazy to actually bother setting it up. As well as I never play sin these days anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post

He's also getting gear carried and not playing that well, so i guess that comes hand in hand with being disadvantaged

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast