Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Macros are a game changer...For the better??

This is a discussion on Macros are a game changer...For the better?? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; dont forget not only rogue all class use this now...
Page: 2

dont forget not only rogue all class use this now

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Quote Originally Posted by Mauja View Post
    I like killing bulcans with low class items. Dealing with orc warriors and dying. I enjoy upgrading +7 horn crossbow. those kind of things. Plate amor of Karus warrior is my favorite armor. My favorite weapon is Slayer. I like being noob in the game. as i said "strange to most of the ko players"
    That’s interesting approach. Gotta try it at some point. I usually get carried away too like everyone, fast exping, super fast gearing. But game has its magic at these early stages of play as well. Would be interesting to try pking also with those “noob” weapons, and even lower levels than 59

On topic: I don’t support macros either. But seems like many people cant play without them nowdays.

I don't use macros mainly cause I just don't think it's worth the risk of getting banned with all the items that I've acquired. Plus if you have good enough gear, a decent minor/hp pot combo on rogue is more than enough to be competitive. I mean if you don't leave a pk session with your fingers sore from smashing minor heal, did you really pk?!
    I do wish there was a way for people who don't use macros to still get into UTC but I don't see that changing until they investigate and ban the consistent abusers who always get in.

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mauja View Post
    I like killing bulcans with low class items. Dealing with orc warriors and dying. I enjoy upgrading +7 horn crossbow. those kind of things. Plate amor of Karus warrior is my favorite armor. My favorite weapon is Slayer. I like being noob in the game. as i said "strange to most of the ko players"
    In case you didn't know, you could also play WoW for free till lvl 20 if you like killing low lvl mobs. Much better experience than KO.

Probation Senior Member

Thoughts and opinions in 2021??

Quote Originally Posted by DaSinister View Post
    Thoughts and opinions in 2021??
    The game is too simple for macros to be allowed. It takes most of the gameplay away from the game and it dumbs down the experience even further.
    NuclearWinter and TabbyCat like this.

Probation Senior Member

I honestly cant imagine using macros for attack skills in knightonline.. but i can see for minor healing/support skills would be a thing. I dont think it dumbs down anything. If anything i think it makes players more efficient. The people who say they dont use macros 100% use macros..Knight online playerbase has the biggest egos ive ever seen. Its like a bunch of bodybuilders acting like we dont know they juice. Its honestly cringe wallah. If you play rogue without macros Youre complete dog water. No way you can minor+combo+effectively move your mouse which makes you way less efficient.

I believe if macros were never a thing this game would be way different. Alot of updates are linked to the progression of player skill...
    Last edited by DaSinister; 05-10-2021 at 08:55 AM.

I dont think it dumbs down anything. If anything i think it makes players more efficient.
    Quite impressive to contradict yourself in the next sentence. I don't play sin anymore because it's a ton of work to combo and minor simultaenously, but I refuse to use a macro to do it. You could ask my clan mates about it, since I complain about macroers all the time when I play rogue. Anything that opens up your brain to focus on other things is dumbing the game down.

If we take Path of Exile as an example. About 99% of the game is brain work. Thinking about your build, your progression, the mobs you are fighting, the content, rewards etc. It's constant brain power. The gameplay is very much a side job that your brain automates after a long time playing the game. Despite that, people in hardcore also have to focus on their gameplay to keep their characters alive, which then increases the stress load for your brain. In a similar fashion, in PK, people justify macroes by saying that you can focus more in positioning, target selections, timings etc., but fail to see that it's just a stupid justification for dumbing the game down for you. It frees up your brain to focus on other things, but if you were actually smart/good enough, you could learn to do everything simulatenously.

But you know, who the fuck actually cares, KO is not a real competitive game. I just fail to see how taking away the only mechanical aspect of the game is somehow more enjoyable than actually playing the game. It's not even that hard for your hands, unless you're playing sin.
    TabbyCat likes this.

I honestly cant imagine using macros for attack skills in knightonline.. but i can see for minor healing/support skills would be a thing. I dont think it dumbs down anything. If anything i think it makes players more efficient. The people who say they dont use macros 100% use macros..Knight online playerbase has the biggest egos ive ever seen. Its like a bunch of bodybuilders acting like we dont know they juice. Its honestly cringe wallah. If you play rogue without macros Youre complete dog water. No way you can minor+combo+effectively move your mouse which makes you way less efficient.

I believe if macros were never a thing this game would be way different. Alot of updates are linked to the progression of player skill...

This post makes absolutely no sense unless you're -18 really.

For starters, who the fuck uses the term dog water unless you're a 14 year old Fortnite player? Embarrassing really.

ANYTHING that is done automatically dumbs down the game, it's stopped being a good game when macros became involved. Prior to that the skill gap was actually impressive and the good were good. Now the average player is "good" because of a simple macro and the actual use of intelect to play the game is completely gone. Exactly as Kallop has expressed above me.

Probation Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TabbyCat View Post
    This post makes absolutely no sense unless you're -18 really.

For starters, who the fuck uses the term dog water unless you're a 14 year old Fortnite player? Embarrassing really.

ANYTHING that is done automatically dumbs down the game, it's stopped being a good game when macros became involved. Prior to that the skill gap was actually impressive and the good were good. Now the average player is "good" because of a simple macro and the actual use of intelect to play the game is completely gone. Exactly as Kallop has expressed above me.
    So 0000000 didnt use macros?? Okay buddy. Here is a link to zeros video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2oNqhbEq0 5:16 OOPS clearly using macros. As for your insults i dont care, zoggy shit boi.

You can argue both sides.. Sure it makes playing sin less stressful on the hand... but even with macros you can set a slow single and control your Mana and minor using your fingers which is the best way. The question here is how you think it effected Knight online better or worse and the effect on the updates. I believe Playing SIN was a big part of the attraction for a large majority of people. This is why when we talk about the best players Sins are often top of the list when in fact Priest and support mages to me are way more impressive.
    Last edited by DaSinister; 05-10-2021 at 10:50 AM.

So 0000000 didnt use macros?? Okay buddy. Here is a link to zeros video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X2oNqhbEq0 5:16 OOPS clearly using macros. As for your insults i dont care, zoggy shit boi.

You can argue both sides.. Sure it makes playing sin less stressful on the hand... but even with macros you can set a slow single and control your Mana and minor using your fingers which is the best way. The question here is how you think it effected Knight online and the updates. I believe Playing SIN was a big part of the attraction for a large majority of people. This is why when we talk about the best players Sins are often top of the list when in fact Priest and support mages to me are way more impressive.
    I think I've already my expressed my thoughts on the matter, but I'll just say that to me 5:16 is a perfect example of a person taking their hand off their mouse to use both hands on the keyboard. As you can see by him not using the mouse to control his character, and instead using W+R to follow the target. Not to mention that his minor heal and light feet are both "8" and he swaps skill bars without spamming light feet while being slowed. I feel like you struggled with minor combo in the past and just justify that by saying everybody uses a macro. The easiest tell of a person using a macro is that they have perfect mouse movement while they supposedly minor heal with maximum efficiency and still focus on everything that is going on the screen at the same time.

Obviously no macro:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whFoYigPcP0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_7-FUoZ-Qc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIJJym0pOug
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF0r5Xy5OfY

Like, 0000000 isn't even draining his mana to 0 in a situation where he has 3000+ mana 2v1 against battle priests, come on man. In fact, he's actually just playing bad (by today's standards).

Obvious macro:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvQjBlm07fc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLosefQ5qRQ
    Decerto likes this.

Probation Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    I think I've already my expressed my thoughts on the matter, but I'll just say that to me 5:16 is a perfect example of a person taking their hand off their mouse to use both hands on the keyboard. As you can see by him not using the mouse to control his character, and instead using W+R to follow the target. Not to mention that his minor heal and light feet are both "8" and he swaps skill bars without spamming light feet while being slowed. I feel like you struggled with minor combo in the past and just justify that by saying everybody uses a macro. The easiest tell of a person using a macro is that they have perfect mouse movement while they supposedly minor heal with maximum efficiency and still focus on everything that is going on the screen at the same time.

Obviously no macro:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whFoYigPcP0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_7-FUoZ-Qc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIJJym0pOug
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF0r5Xy5OfY

Like, 0000000 isn't even draining his mana to 0 in a situation where he has 3000+ mana 2v1 against battle priests, come on man. In fact, he's actually just playing bad (by today's standards).

Obvious macro:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvQjBlm07fc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLosefQ5qRQ
    A better example of a guy who uses macros and is complete dog water at the game. Sinins from cwest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98pkBcF-82M

Also back in 2006 we had macro keyboards and gaming mouse wasnt how it is today. Having light feet and minor on 8 makes sense as you can hold the button down which you could then switch skillbars and light feet then back to minoring Plus able to hit an hp pot. It would make sense that his hand came off the mouse as he was obviously using a gaming keyboard using a macro for single minor + cure + light feet. Just because he takes his hands off the mouse doesn't mean anything. The fact many times in his video he flips to the wrong skillbar and his charactor is stalled from spamming the wrong skills is something everyone that uses macros experiences as nobody is perfect.

A better example of a guy who uses macros and is complete dog water at the game. Sinins from cwest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98pkBcF-82M

Also back in 2006 we had macro keyboards and gaming mouse wasnt how it is today. Having light feet and minor on 8 makes sense as you can hold the button down which you could then switch skillbars and light feet then back to minoring Plus able to hit an hp pot. It would make sense that his hand came off the mouse as he was obviously using a gaming keyboard using a macro for single minor + cure + light feet. Just because he takes his hands off the mouse doesn't mean anything. The fact many times in his video he flips to the wrong skillbar and his charactor is stalled from spamming the wrong skills is something everyone that uses macros experiences as nobody is perfect.
    Honestly, that video looks exactly like a non-macro user playing sin. I kind of get the feeling that you're just naming "famous" people and claiming they're bad at the game, instead of actually knowing how to recognize a macro. The way SininS plays looks exactly how it would look if I played sin. And I've only had a macro mouse/keyboard for the past 2 years, during which I've only played sin once and funny enough my macro didn't work in the server I played in.

Honestly, I think you're trolling.
    SacruM and SheldonCooper like this.

Probation Senior Member

Legit people dont spam the wrong skills 20x in a row bro. How am i trolling. Watch the video he fucks up his macro like 7 times..... Clearly using a macro. Are you blind? You guys 100% have such high egos and if you dont agree or dont have control this is exactly how you act. Thanks kallop for being a prime example of a dog water clown. Btw nobody cares how you play you have been unknown to everyone all these years.

You can argue both sides.. Sure it makes playing sin less stressful on the hand... but even with macros you can set a slow single and control your Mana and minor using your fingers which is the best way. The question here is how you think it effected Knight online better or worse and the effect on the updates. I believe Playing SIN was a big part of the attraction for a large majority of people. This is why when we talk about the best players Sins are often top of the list when in fact Priest and support mages to me are way more impressive.
    Hi Sir, I'm not sure what insults you're referring to, there are none, just observations. Your choice to say "zoggy shit boi" yet again is embarrassing as fuck dude, I feel for your future.

As for using 00000 as a macro example from back in the day, not sure where I said it didn't exist? But if you cannot see the difference between a VERY small handful of people using macro in pk compared with almost everyone using in with both Sin & Warrior, you came into this conversation closed minded / narrow minded with zero opportunity to have an actual conversation, yet again referring to the mental age you're displaying.
    Decerto likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast