Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Market Place

This is a discussion on Market Place within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I have a suggestion that if you can get a certain amount of vouchers, that the restriction for market place ...
Page: 1

Default Market Place

I have a suggestion that if you can get a certain amount of vouchers, that the restriction for market place be lifted.

For example I feel I could get many vouchers because I have been in this game since 2005, and "shared" an account on this site for a long time. I forgot the PW like 2 years ago, but visit this site on a regular basis....well when its running :P
    I made many, many trades. Some might even call me a baba D:

All that I'm saying is that , if you a proven a "Trustie", isn't it logical to allow that person to use the market place?

Let me know your thoughts.
    iNyppaN likes this.

agree on that one, i will vouch for this guy and i know many more will.
    Adi likes this.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Dunno this guy, but i trust Screamer

What stops someone to create/use many accounts and vouch for himself times X?
    mumbojumbo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post

Simply put, if the people vouching are themselves.. well... proper members here
    If a person with 1~5 posts vouches, it won't count at all.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Well, in this case, perhaps only people that would actually have reputation here or at least few years old accounts can't be considered as actual vouchers..
    That way none will end up with the ability to post at Market Place section unless they're trusty or their accounts are 3month old and have over 50posts.

For example, I could vouch for OP, he used to have an account in here but lost his password, like he said above.
    And trust me, the number of people I would actually vouch for are probably less than the amount of fingers you have in a single hand.

You can also add an additional condition,
    Should a vouched person scam or something, the voucher loses his / her status aswell.
    mumbojumbo likes this.

Would it be possible to have the moderators go through the vouch process? If not, then there could be restrictions for the vouchers.

Of course there have been issues with vouching in the past, which is why the vouching topics have been disallowed.

Maybe make it so a voucher could be only someone with 1k + posts?

I understand the issue with people making accounts and vouching for themselves, and thought about it after I made the topic. Originally I thought maybe the admin could check IP's of the vouchers to make sure that it's not the same person, but there is always ways around IP's. That made me think of possibly using posts counts as an automatic way to open up vouching capabilities.

I also like the one suggestion that a person who vouches could get repercussions for vouching for a scammer. Makes a person not just start vouching for anyone and everyone, always thinking twice.

What do you think of the 1k+ posts? Should it be more? Takes a while to do 1k posts.

Or you could just start all over like myself, whom also forgot their old forum account when I quit playing KO for many years. I never was much of a marketplace trader though, or a forum junky to where people would recognize/remember me xD

oh wellz.. I'll have some cool stuffs for sale in 3 months LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Snot View Post
    Or you could just start all over like myself, whom also forgot their old forum account when I quit playing KO for many years. I never was much of a marketplace trader though, or a forum junky to where people would recognize/remember me xD

oh wellz.. I'll have some cool stuffs for sale in 3 months LOL
    I suppose I could start over and reach the 50 posts needed, but I don't think it would be very value added to the k04life community. Like I stated earlier I have been playing this game since 2005, which means I don't really have any starter topics/questions to ask to get my post count up. I also think that the majority of people on this forum have been around as long as me, and you don't see many starter topics that I can help with. When I can, it normally is already answered fairly quickly.

I don't think this forum needs people like me, that IMO are pretty trustie, spamming useless stuff just to get his/her post count up. Now I could see how back in the day when this forum just started, and the game was pretty new, how having a post count of 50 would be beneficial for the forum activity as well as helping new people broaden their knowledge of the game. But truthfully in today's predicament if I did this, it would just piss people off.
    Snot likes this.

Same problem here m8, lost original account on these forums a long time ago
    But over the course of 3 months you can actually add useful replies to topics, and get the needed 50 posts.

Though I totally agree with the vouching process for some people..
    Don't get me wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Would it be possible to have the moderators go through the vouch process? If not, then there could be restrictions for the vouchers.

Of course there have been issues with vouching in the past, which is why the vouching topics have been disallowed.
    Everything is possible. I just want a "process" that is simple and works over time. Several of these ideas look ok in the short term, but long term not sure if it will still work.

The 50 post rule is actually a good one. It is very effective at fighting new accounts trying to scam ppl. Tho they can just spam post, mods can identify this and suspend/ban them anyways. In your particular case, yes it sucks that you forgot your password, but a working system cannot be changed for the necesities of few. Vouching has never done great here cuz even some vouched ppl have end up scamming in these forums, as far as i can recall.

Also the post system, allows new people to be active in the forums first, become active members of the comunity, and then allows them to access features like the marketplace. Again, I know this is not your case, just stating the importance of the 50 posts and why it should remain like it is.
    regiss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    The 50 post rule is actually a good one. It is very effective at fighting new accounts trying to scam ppl. Tho they can just spam post, mods can identify this and suspend/ban them anyways. In your particular case, yes it sucks that you forgot your password, but a working system cannot be changed for the necesities of few. Vouching has never done great here cuz even some vouched ppl have end up scamming in these forums, as far as i can recall.

Also the post system, allows new people to be active in the forums first, become active members of the comunity, and then allows them to access features like the marketplace. Again, I know this is not your case, just stating the importance of the 50 posts and why it should remain like it is.
    well said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast