Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Would this be good or bad?

This is a discussion on Would this be good or bad? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Now, before everyone spams "zomg, stupid idea", think about the possibility. We all know that there are a large number ...
Page: 1

Siphen

Now, before everyone spams "zomg, stupid idea", think about the possibility.
    We all know that there are a large number of people that need to be banned. We also know that K2 cant afford to have several GMs online 24/7 on each server. How bad would it be to give certain players some GM powers? There could be plenty of security (K2 gets your information, etc) and many players are online for several hours every day, so more people would be banned.
    Best of all, K2 wouldnt have to pay. I know that, personally, I would gladly /mute that goldbar seller in moradon or /ban that 8 person party koxping at giant golems without getting a paycheck.
    The only real problem with this is the risk of more corrupt GMs - boss events for your friends, ban legit people who you just dont like. This probably wouldnt happen that often (especially if K2 knows where you live and has your credit card number :unsure: ).
    I know this probably won't happen, but is it even worth talking about? I think it could really change the game for the better.

Arthurios

they would abuse it even more then the report subject

They should get constable back

I kno if i had GM Power, i would go through, not just my server....but many servers. If they gave me free prem for doin it so i could log in during Turk Hours. I would sooo go through like 4 servers for an hour each just banning people koxping. Probably even go in for like 10-15 minutes on those servers and search the Border Wars, Banning people that are hacking/bug abusing in those.

neji

there would be a limit hopefully because this seems almost impossible to accomplish.
    Almost any player here would be corrupt ...

They can give u only certain powers. I mean if they gave a few select people the power to /mute and /ban people, they could leave out the /create and /spawn boss and other commands... i'm sure it woulden't be hard.

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

if i remember right their used to be a system were a few players had direct access to gms and would report the players

Constables.. wont work.

Constables.. wont work.[/b]
    I'm sure i'm not the only one that thinks this...But you seem to Never have anything positive to say and it seems your always puttin people down.

On topic, How could it not work if they had a strict screening process, possibly some interviews of people who live in the area and play KO and would wanna make a difference. And only gave them certain things like i already posted.

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

or a 24 hour KICK Then The Gms could just log on and Scan :P

neji

24 hour kick cuz he ks me
    24 hour kick cuz he is going to kill boss otherwise
    24hour kick cuz he killed me in bdw/LW

... we need more limitation to people

007_heal

It is a great idea. I know I would gladly ban cheaters just for the hell of it. But the problem becomes with abuse of power.

Some idea to prevent this
    -Need to provide a "resume" this includes real life items such as drivers license and in game credentials
    -only give banning ability of 1 day
    -must provide proof (proof goes in archive, if the ban is contested GM can look up name and the proof)
    -GMs only have ability to permanently ban accounts
    -Some sort of "constable" log to track the players moves.
    -three strikes on false bans, "constable" gets the boot

You can manipulate code in any form you want, its just K2 is too lazy to pay MGames for these new ways to ban people. Just have to look at some of the good private servers and how they have manipulated the game play for their needs.

Now, before everyone spams "zomg, stupid idea", think about the possibility.
    We all know that there are a large number of people that need to be banned. We also know that K2 cant afford to have several GMs online 24/7 on each server. How bad would it be to give certain players some GM powers? There could be plenty of security (K2 gets your information, etc) and many players are online for several hours every day, so more people would be banned.
    Best of all, K2 wouldnt have to pay. I know that, personally, I would gladly /mute that goldbar seller in moradon or /ban that 8 person party koxping at giant golems without getting a paycheck.
    The only real problem with this is the risk of more corrupt GMs - boss events for your friends, ban legit people who you just dont like. This probably wouldnt happen that often (especially if K2 knows where you live and has your credit card number :unsure: ).
    I know this probably won't happen, but is it even worth talking about? I think it could really change the game for the better.[/b]
    This will never ever happen. Being a gm has more responsibility then just running around in the game banning people.

Pitch this idea on the official forum and see what they say?

A live-interview (in person) would be a great screening process; as mentioned, non-profit/non-pay GM.

This will never ever happen. Being a gm has more responsibility then just running around in the game banning people.[/b]
    How do you figure? We are talking about temp. volinteers to ban/ and or do something in some sort of wat/ to help cut back on cheaters. 007, goog idea

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast