Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About video cards, need answers urgently (:

This is a discussion on About video cards, need answers urgently (: within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The computer that i am using has the basic video card which is GeForce 610SE nforce 430. It used to ...
Page: 1

Default About video cards, need answers urgently (:

The computer that i am using has the basic video card which is GeForce 610SE nforce 430. It used to work just fine but after all these new updates and *better graphics* computer started to lag a lot. I am going to replace the card but just wanted to hear out what kind of video cards you guys use and which one i should be getting in order to play smoothly.

Thanks,

P.S i apologize in advance if this isnt the right place to open the topic.

Merry Xmas

depends on your motherboard and power supply and how beast ya wanna go and you budget too many factors!

Quote Originally Posted by WnxMiqdad View Post
    depends on your motherboard and power supply and how beast ya wanna go and you budget too many factors!
    Amd Athlon 64 x2 dual processor
    3 gb ram
    as for the budget i can go up to 300 max. I dont need for hard core gaming, just to play ko with no interruption.

300 max? wow, this would get you even 700 series GTX graphic card ... 760 probably. 770s are a bit higher than 300, maybe like 350 ..
    but i would reccommend you GTX 650Ti .. really good card, i used it long time, works fine with new " older " games. ( ofcourse 2k13 games wont run smooth ) and its price is about 100 so go for 650Ti ( preferably OC edition )

//edit: AMD cpu, then u should look ATI chipped cards too. they arent so fast as nvidias but can provide you beastly strenght so look for some budget range ATI cards. i can reccommend ( SAPPHIRE Technology cards, had few, they are awesome )

As it's tested.
    KO doesn't need that good graphic card, the thing is your processor, not graphic card.
    KO also uses 1 core at a time from your processor.

So you need good processor with high ghz's and average graphic card with it.
    For example. I got myself 4 core processor with 2.5 ghz and nice graphic card, but my KO runs shitty still.
    I can play newest games without problems, but when it comes to KO, all I can say is GG.

Actually KO can use up to 2 Cores, i have it set the afinnity to the last 2 cores in my i5-2400, and its using them both, and the game struggles when i only use one core.

Update: So i did some research and in the end looks like im gonna throw out my motherboard and the tower case apparently they are pretty old and wont support AMD APU 10 680k + gonna boost ram to 8 gigs i think.

I'm running fine on any game with AMD Radeon HD 6650M

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by PonSix View Post
    I'm running fine on any game with AMD Radeon HD 6650M
    same here , with 68xx series and i5 :]

game almost dont use power of good graphic cards, 25 % at max maby. It just using maximum of your two cores.

Quote Originally Posted by orko View Post
    Actually KO can use up to 2 Cores, i have it set the afinnity to the last 2 cores in my i5-2400, and its using them both, and the game struggles when i only use one core.
    Well how you change that affinity thingy?
    I've been using 1 core at a time and my KO has been running shitty even I got good graphic card.

Quote Originally Posted by HighRoller View Post
    Well how you change that affinity thingy?
    I've been using 1 core at a time and my KO has been running shitty even I got good graphic card.
    task menager - knighonline.exe - right click - affinity - choose cores.

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    task menager - knighonline.exe - right click - affinity - choose cores.
    I don't think its working anymore, like I tried it and I got an error..
    It works for anyone here?

Its no use to actually do it, i just did it then for matter of testing, if u dont have it set, it will just use as many core available and posible. So its not a fix or a trick, i was just saying that it can use up to 2 core, at least in my pc it does.

I got a pretty nice computer , was runing 2x 6850's crossfired and upgraded to a geforce 690 , works alot better for what games i was playing , but if you or anyone is interested in 1 or 2 " if your motherboard can handle it ", pm me i will let them go pretty cheap , there in great condition. if u get both i will throw in the crossfire cable and i also have the disks and books they come with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast