maybe stupid but true

This is a discussion on maybe stupid but true within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; today when i logged on ko at 11am my time everything worked fine no xtrap problems.... launcher working nothing just ...
Page: 1

today when i logged on ko at 11am my time everything worked fine no xtrap problems.... launcher working nothing just fine....
    then when i was gone for lunch and logged out at like 13:30pm and tried to log back later at 13:45 i couldnt get back in cause xtrap not loading and at 13pm-14pm my time turk time is starting thats the time when all the turks logging on...
    so isnt that weird that we just cant log on cause of xtrap problems when turk time starts??

MakuLine

was already discussed

oh sry didnt know i couldnt find a topic about that

I had a topic that said that :P

Its true, i just logged off and bam, cant login. No one on my XFire list can get in either.

Thyss

I had a topic that said that :P

Its true, i just logged off and bam, cant login. No one on my XFire list can get in either.[/b]
    I tried to log in last nite and it wasnt turk time ...and guess what? I coudlnt! and none of my friends (all US time) could either... so I suppose its just a coincidence...but for sure KO is really uncapable to fix this shit! I want my premium days back!

the English one Senior Member Turbanator's Avatar

z0mg k2 a.q

MillionVoices

lol dcing every 5min wtf..

OLD1953

Could be they are trying to get the Turks to quit? :huh:

Actually, I think they may be trying to use a proxy server to do IP blocks. There are some advantages to this method, but it leads to HUGE problems with caching and so forth. Not to mention proxy servers are kind of slow.

Firewalls are built to handle blocking, and they are the correct place to do IP blocks. But, (SIGH) every few days I see another sucker trying to implement security with software firewalls or proxies and it NEVER works well.

stevouk

Like Morax said...he talked to a Gm and the Gm said that hackers are targetting the servers and X - trap, a bit like when that turk was spamming the forums server and the forum went down...technically it isnt K2's fault because their servers are secure. I dare say they will know a lot more about what they are doing than most people but when they actually do, do something good no one gives them credit for it :S