This is something I've been trying to do for a LONG LONG time now but I was never able to do it because I was stupid and always wanted perfection: a seamless and smooth transition from our current vBulletin to Xenforo with several new features. Well, I'm never gonna achieve that so we will just go for it. I managed to get the current URL formatting working already so we don't lose rank in Google and some other things. The transition will be a little rough but I think after a few days/weeks, it should be working great.
I'm aiming for this week, but its a short week cause of the holidays. It may not be the best idea since I won't be able to support the forum during the weekend. So most likely it will happen the week after easter.
Things to keep in mind:
- Post count will change drastically in some cases.
- Graphics are not a priority so we will address those later on.
- Users/password will remain the same.
- URLs will remain the same (mostly).
- Bans will remain.
- It's a completely different tool so things will change. We will gain some features and also lose some.
- Some post will not format correctly. I'll try to fix those later on.
- The migration will take several hours, most likely 1-2 days. I'll be announcing this few days before the migration.
If u have comments or ideas about this, feel free to reply to this thread.