Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

MntGG-Nick...please respond

This is a discussion on MntGG-Nick...please respond within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Unautherize Use of Credit Card.... sorry to say this but no matter what you do you already lost the chargeback...
Page: 2

Banned Senior Member

Unautherize Use of Credit Card.... sorry to say this but no matter what you do you already lost the chargeback

actually wil was from canada he still lost the money to Nas because nas used his CC to chargeback not paypal. so even paypal can't guarantee shit[/b]
    same i "lost" paypal account when nas used his CC to chargeback but paypal could do nothing against him, i send all information about him and well the guy whos name he was using not exist so... now they closed my paypal account becouse it was inactive well it was -500$

Its still early in the process, I had a hold put on one of my buys just because I used the wrong CC. Have you talked to him yet?[/b]

havent talked to him yet, checking to see if i'll ever see him on msn again lol.

yeah phantom, i know the odds are stacked, but the only thing i have going for me is proof of shipment, which i can partially do because i have an ss ingame of right after the trade, which shows his character and that he requested to do a trade. what i plan on trying to prove is kind of easy, since nick's paypal email and msn email are the same. having taken a screen shot of the whole msn convo, which shows his email address, i can link the character ingame to the nick he mentions in his msn. ofc, there's the part where we agree on a number in the convo, and he says "ty bro", which i think anyone with half a brain would realize is an implicit admission to having received whatever was worth 517.01$. problem is that this is mostly inductive reasoning, without any particularly solid evidence to back me up. other point is the whole transaction was based around a virtual item, about which "shipping" and confirmation is almost impossible to definitively prove. ofcourse, that would give doubt to the buyer's claim, but if i make the association b/w his msn email, and his paypal account, i can maybe show that the actual owner of the paypal/msn accounts would in fact be authorized so the whole notion should be obviously bogus. ofc, there's also the time stamps on the msn convo, and the actual time the paypal payment was sent, and if those two show up within moments of each other, along with the "ty bro", then it only makes sense that it should all fall in place...right? o_o

i hope

Unautherize Use of Credit Card.... sorry to say this but no matter what you do you already lost the chargeback[/b]
    i second that, from my own experience i can say that whatever evidence & description you provide (screenshots, emails, i even talked to a rep twice explaining everyfukinthing) they will say the result of the dispute is at the CC company's discretion, which in turn will stick up for its client, the scammer. sad but true. won't hurt to try tho, you will at least know you did try.

take care types :wub:

KokoGG

:huh: wtf?????

i second that, from my own experience i can say that whatever evidence & description you provide (screenshots, emails, i even talked to a rep twice explaining everyfukinthing) they will say the result of the dispute is at the CC company's discretion, which in turn will stick up for its client, the scammer. sad but true. won't hurt to try tho, you will at least know you did try.

take care types :wub:[/b]

yeah i kind of figure i lost the case. reason #1- its a virtual item and all the protection policy bs goes out the window.

still, i guess only thing left to do is warn people.

here's his info:

Name:
    Nicholas Laro
    Email:
    [email protected]

and state of New Hampshire, according to him. lol

Alas..

Lammer

Dunno if you have the possibility but if you do, "do" two things...

Sue Paypal for not protecting you, since they didn't garantee your part of the deal... Don't know if I made my self clear... but I'll give you an example..

You're selling a car and a company aproaches you and claims that they have buyer that saw your car and its interested in it. You
    agreed with the buyer to sell him the car and that the company would work as the midle man in the business. A few days later the company guy goes to you and say the other guy money was fake... and he wants his money back.
    Would you give him? Fuck no he should double checked the buyer and the order for purchase before making business with/for him.

It their job to guarantee that both buyer and seller gets protected if anything goes wrong, after all you're paying them for that service. You could get your money and ask for moral injuries compensation, bla bla xD

2nd thing... sue the "Nick" asshole.. for fraud -> this is the easier one You have his CC number easy to find him... and if you prefer, kick his ass really bad.

Honestly if you can do that.. or at least go get more information on how to do that.

i am speechless. the odds were stacked to high hell. i hadn't even replied to the complaint yet. and look what i get in my email this morning:

Dear **********,

We have completed our investigation of the transaction below and were
    unable to find evidence of unauthorized access to the buyer’s account. This
    case was denied to the buyer and no funds were recovered from your account.

Transaction Date: Mar 15, 2007
    Transaction Amount: -$517.01 USD
    Your Transaction ID: **********************
    Buyer's Transaction ID: *******************
    Case Number: PP-263-***-***
    Buyer's Name: Nicholas Laro
    Buyer's Email: [email protected]

For additional information and to see the details of your claim, please log
    in to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/ and go to the
    Resolution Center.

Transaction Date: Mar 15, 2007
    Transaction Amount: -$517.01 USD
    Your Transaction ID: **********************
    Buyer's Transaction ID: ******************
    Case Number: PP-263-***-***
    Buyer's Name: Nicholas Laro
    Buyer's Email: [email protected]

Thanks for your cooperation through this process. We are continuing to work
    to ensure that PayPal is secure for all users.

Sincerely,

PayPal
    Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
    will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
    and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any page. If
    your inquiry is regarding a claim, log in to your PayPal account and go to
    the Resolution Center.

BC:PP-263-204-858:R1:USD517.01:03152007:8TG90831NN3346808

can you believe it? the bastard lost...

thank God.

!!!!

Banned Senior Member

Thats pretty gay... because I gave paypal msn logs, ko4life IP's, every email they used to scam other people of their items, ingame video footage of the trades etc and after about a month they sided with me but because it was a unautherize use, they had to then go to the Credit Card company who then said "no" pretty damn fast. When it's a CC company chargeback, paypal has to follow different regulations and laws which meant There was nothing I could do. Still surprised they just ended it... it should have went to the CC company

Thats pretty gay... because I gave paypal msn logs, ko4life IP's, every email they used to scam other people of their items, ingame video footage of the trades etc and after about a month they sided with me but because it was a unautherize use, they had to then go to the Credit Card company who then said "no" pretty damn fast. When it's a CC company chargeback, paypal has to follow different regulations and laws which meant There was nothing I could do. Still surprised they just ended it... it should have went to the CC company[/b]
    thats not gay, gay is when paypal surrenders and says it's now up to the cc company = you lose. i am glad you havent lost this case typo, at least one sheep is saved

Banned

you got scammed :x

you got scammed :x[/b]
    why the fuck do people reply without reading the topic? :angry: :angry:

I'm glad you won typ0 :wub: :wub: :wub:

Lammer

Thats pretty gay... because I gave paypal msn logs, ko4life IP's, every email they used to scam other people of their items, ingame video footage of the trades etc and after about a month they sided with me but because it was a unautherize use, they had to then go to the Credit Card company who then said "no" pretty damn fast. When it's a CC company chargeback, paypal has to follow different regulations and laws which meant There was nothing I could do. Still surprised they just ended it... it should have went to the CC company[/b]
    +1 <_<

anyway... that&#39;s nice to see everything went fine

Dmio

Glad u won

my god..its not over yet. just now i checked my email and this is what i find:

Dear ************,

Nicholas Laro has opened a dispute for the payment made to you on Mar 15,
    2007 indicating that they never received the item.

Your Transaction ID:
    Buyer&#39;s Transaction ID:

There are many reasons why this might have happened. It could be that the
    item is still in transit or was accidentally delivered to the wrong
    address. Sometimes buyers open a non receipt dispute too soon because they
    underestimate how long it can take for shipping and delivery.

By opening this dispute, Nicholas Laro is asking for your help to resolve
    this issue. This is your best opportunity to resolve this problem before
    the buyer escalates it to a PayPal claim or files a chargeback with their
    card issuer.

-----------------------------------
    What To Do Next

Most of the time, disputes can be resolved quickly and amicably by
    communicating with the buyer in the Resolution Center. There, you&#39;ll be
    able to review the dispute details, post messages back and forth with the
    buyer, or ask PayPal to decide the case by escalating this dispute to a
    claim.

- Click the Resolution Center tab
    - Review the dispute details
    - Post new message to buyer

To learn more about PayPal&#39;s dispute resolution process, log in to your
    account and click the “Tutorials” link on the Resolution Center tab.

Timeframe

Nicholas Laro can escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim at any time until
    Apr 6, 2007. On that date, this dispute will automatically close.

We encourage you to respond to the buyer as soon as possible. A buyer who
    feels that you are working with them to resolve a problem is less likely to
    escalate a dispute to a claim.

Keep in mind that the funds associated with this payment may be considered
    "Disputed" and not available for withdrawal until the case has been
    resolved.

Thank you,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
    will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
    and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any page. If
    your inquiry is regarding a claim, log in to your PayPal account and go to
    the Resolution Center.

he&#39;s trying his hardest to scam me. i dont know how to feel about that, but since this is less serious, i feel like i have a better chance than i did against his "unauthorized access" approach. maybe ill close my paypal acc all together lol. fuk sake...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast