Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

"A Modest Proposition" on KOW

This is a discussion on "A Modest Proposition" on KOW within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Problem is Mgames wont allow KE/old KO to be up, which is a reason myko was closed. Egames refused to ...
Page: 2

Banned

Problem is Mgames wont allow KE/old KO to be up, which is a reason myko was closed. Egames refused to buy the rofd patch, instead they ran events to buy +8 items for cash.... I feel so srry for ppl who fell for that

btw, i actually liked KE much MORE then rofd. Rofd has to many stupid lil visual bugs, ppl being able to whip around and outrun a rogue is VERY annoying.

Psy

No matter how much we all liked old KO and how bad we want those times back, a server like this would suck very fast. Lets go back to the days when u got ksed 24/7 at harps, when rouges were superiour and apos makes u blind. No offence but its pretty useless.

Sure old KO got some advantages like no unique compounding, raiding xp slots in cz, Isiloon still dropping CS to have some cool fights there, ... but honestly i think we got more reasons to not get old KO back.[/b]
    Isiloon wasn't added until after KA. Lesath was the only dropper of the CS, and even then not everyone wanted it as it. Rogues were only superior to paper mages who didn't bother to go to the abyss for 1 hour to farm for DD helmets.

Captain, the game only changed because they rose the bar. For ROFD they implemented handicaps so that everyone could reach 70 with less effort. In KE, they implemented compounding uniques, the dupers got an edge. People now share to get to level 80 easily, and only a small percentage have gotten there by following the rule "no sharing accounts" (aka the honor system). Now it's to the point where parts of the game aren't even visited, and people are farming instances instead. They may have "evolved" the game, but they went about the wrong way of doing it.

Just to clarify my point of view, I never heard any level 70 in the past complain about not having anything to do. Even when Isiloon came out (on diez) it wasn't the level 70s killing it, it was the people in their low 60s. But I immagine that if I were level 70 in old KO and somehow got bored of PKing (this is a PK game after all, right?) , I would have made another account or character, leveled it up, and pked with it as well.

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

It's "A Modest Proposal", you idiot.

Jonathan Swift would be appalled.

After reading it, I wanted to kill the author. Swift's literary piece was notably sarcastic, where this post is serious. You don't use literary allusions when the main point is completely changed. Fail more.

After reading it, I wanted to kill the author. Swift's literary piece was notably sarcastic, where this post is serious. You don't use literary allusions when the main point is completely changed. Fail more.[/b]
    MY NIGGA WTF YOU JUST SAY

Banned

After reading it, I wanted to kill the author. Swift's literary piece was notably sarcastic, where this post is serious. You don't use literary allusions when the main point is completely changed. Fail more.[/b]
    Fake ass socrates <_<

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

that the one who wrote this "essay" doesnt know what he is talking about. i agree with evolving a game is natural but in the case of usko.. it only brings more dupe and bugs to the game and the players. asking to create a new server with only ko-ke expansions will be boring after 2-3 months. im already bored of this game, i have a lvl 80 warrior geared and i dont know what else to do besides eslant dungeon and a little of arena. i dont want to pk agains those lvl 80 ppl with +9/+10 no reb and +3/+4 uniques, kinda boring and unfair. anyway it would be a good idea but not factible at all

the game is in fact boring because we all know everything.

there is no more the fun of discovering something... i KO everything was a challenge .. practicing combo, leveling, gearing etc etc...

now, even with KO, people would be 70 with good items. Everyone would have the same combo... same items (almost...) and it would be exactly the same as it is now.

Isiloon wasn&#39;t added until after KA. Lesath was the only dropper of the CS, and even then not everyone wanted it as it.[/b]
    Didnt know about Isiloon and I share the idea about Lesath. Such a powerfull item only should be dropped by the strongest boss, thats why I wanted Isiloon back to drop CS, since it requires teamwork and coordination.

Originally posted by &#39;Psy+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(&#39;Psy)</div>
    Rogues were only superior to paper mages who didn&#39;t bother to go to the abyss for 1 hour to farm for DD helmets.[/b]
    Bullshit, even with a DD cap mage couldnt make a single chance. Rouges were far too superiour in KO/KE, hence thats one of the reason I like ROFD more. Classes became more balanced, with the stress on MORE (not saying all classes are equal, but forsure its better then KO/KE)

<!--QuoteBegin-&#39;Psy&#39;

Captain, the game only changed because they rose the bar. For ROFD they implemented handicaps so that everyone could reach 70 with less effort. In KE, they implemented compounding uniques, the dupers got an edge. People now share to get to level 80 easily, and only a small percentage have gotten there by following the rule "no sharing accounts" (aka the honor system). Now it&#39;s to the point where parts of the game aren&#39;t even visited, and people are farming instances instead. They may have "evolved" the game, but they went about the wrong way of doing it.
    Partly agreeing with this, but hence, who the fuk would still be playing after hitting 70, 1M nps and full shel +8 and best jewels +0? They added extra things for a reason to this game. To keep it alive and not let it die. I know so much ppl who quitted KO/KE cuz they reached everything they wanted (me included) and alot came back to ROFD cuz of those new things. A game which dont move on, is a dying game.

Originally posted by &#39;Psy&#39;
    Just to clarify my point of view, I never heard any level 70 in the past complain about not having anything to do. Even when Isiloon came out (on diez) it wasn&#39;t the level 70s killing it, it was the people in their low 60s. But I immagine that if I were level 70 in old KO and somehow got bored of PKing (this is a PK game after all, right?) , I would have made another account or character, leveled it up, and pked with it as well.
    You might, I wouldnt.

and a big +1 to Suicine, you took the words out of my mouth

Psy

Didnt know about Isiloon and I share the idea about Lesath. Such a powerfull item only should be dropped by the strongest boss, thats why I wanted Isiloon back to drop CS, since it requires teamwork and coordination.
    [/b]
    The Chitin Shield wasn&#39;t regarded as powerful until it stopped dropping and when people started having massive amounts of HP.

Now that I read back on my lesath comment, I must have deleted something or cut it short because I meant to write "Lesath was the only dropper of the CS, and even then not everyone wanted it as it as it wasn&#39;t as effective as it is now.

Bullshit, even with a DD cap mage couldnt make a single chance. Rouges were far too superiour in KO/KE, hence thats one of the reason I like ROFD more. Classes became more balanced, with the stress on MORE (not saying all classes are equal, but forsure its better then KO/KE)[/b]
    Mages like Camaz0tz or Rentzusuken didn&#39;t seem to mind. And I may be speaking out of line when I refer to mages, but that class got fucked when their damage wasn&#39;t reliant upon their staff because of the bug that emerged in KE. Before that, they weren&#39;t regarded as a supplementary class. Paper mages, in my opinion, were always free NP unless they had the right defense armors. Any class can be seen as that.

Partly agreeing with this, but hence, who the fuk would still be playing after hitting 70, 1M nps and full shel +8 and best jewels +0? They added extra things for a reason to this game. To keep it alive and not let it die. I know so much ppl who quitted KO/KE cuz they reached everything they wanted (me included) and alot came back to ROFD cuz of those new things. A game which dont move on, is a dying game.
    You might, I wouldnt.[/b]
    The game was successful before the release of KE, not many people were complaining about not having anything to do; they always had a goal. I too started playing again when ROFD came out, then later quit months later. Bifrost was one of the only things I found fun, I was able to get people XPed once more, but, Bifrost is only open certain times of the day. What I don&#39;t like about this game now is the items that are redeemable from such simple quests that are only available at certain times of the day. Allow me to explain this further; Bifrost fragments and Red Treasure Chests (among with other things) now make parts of this game obselete. While it used to be: Farm Falcons or Abyss Angels for shell gloves, Troll Berserkers for shell boots, Dark Stones for shell pads, DMs for shell pauldrons and your high class weapons, it is now "get the quest item and turn it in," those drops before are now some of the worst rewards you can get from those quests. There is a point in which one accomplishes everything in this game, there still is a level. The fact remains that it was more difficult to reach that level back when KO was new. You must now utilize a time slot (an event) in order to obtain these items. People do not want to bother with farming shell because they are not as rare as they were before. This goes back to my Lesath comment earlier, I know some people would have traded a Chitin shield + GBs for a warrior shell helmet +7 simply because they were extremely rare in comparison. I knew someone who a couple months or so before the release of KE sold a Chitin Shield on merchant for 700m so that he could buy other things with that coin. No, he did not an extra, but at the same time he did not find any use for the Chitin Shield as effective as what he could already do. People play differently and have different desires and goals, while you would consider "being level 70 with 1m np, full uniques, and +8 shells" to equate to having beaten the game, others would consider it to be something else.

But then again if you&#39;ve beaten the game, you move on and don&#39;t linger and rely on an expansion of the game to come out. With the proposed idea that this server gives: they (the players) know what to expect, and they wouldn&#39;t hope for a new expansion to come out. They would prefer to play how the game was originally intended to be played.

i remember earlier when Devile was about to hit with Z4:
    i askt him it isnt boring to play always same char?
    he said:i ll play a bit on 70 and then i m going to lvl my rogue to 70
    In ko u just had fun not about bf and etc >< its cool but who needs it
    if ke would still exist many guys would lvl 3 chars to 70 ( would take a rlly long time)
    i remember when it was 61 its was like 1 hour 5% on apos?:S
    its good to have ROFD (seal items for example)
    but i also miss the raiding in dms or ash knights damn i was so surprised on akara we killt on lvl 25 ash knights ><
    i remember with ash knight i hit lvl 50 in ke
    the uniques fuckt this game
    sometimes i wish a bus dupe again damn so anoying to farm for only pots or have to use mp recovery coz u dont have soulz
    i would like a new server with old ke style but rofd is cool for example personal item ><
    so i would mix a few things like Ke style with possible of sealing,maybe lvl limit is 75,personal dagger... and a few more shit
    and the unique should only go untill +1 and u need 10+1 for +2 so

Psy

that the one who wrote this "essay" doesnt know what he is talking about. i agree with evolving a game is natural but in the case of usko.. it only brings more dupe and bugs to the game and the players. asking to create a new server with only ko-ke expansions will be boring after 2-3 months. im already bored of this game, i have a lvl 80 warrior geared and i dont know what else to do besides eslant dungeon and a little of arena. i dont want to pk agains those lvl 80 ppl with +9/+10 no reb and +3/+4 uniques, kinda boring and unfair. anyway it would be a good idea but not factible at all[/b]
    I think you may have changed sides towards the end of your post. Anyways, while it is possible for everyone to get to level 80, it is not possible for everyone to get +3/4/5 uniques or +10 items. What used to be possible is now impossible or improbable (ex. successfully being able to solo because of skill, whereas now if you don&#39;t have items now, you will die regardless of where your skill level is). The game is more item based than ever. The only problem I have with the current situation is the dupers and the people who used to DB hack (and lack of action being taken against them). I don&#39;t give a damn if they have +9 weapons or armors (as long as those items aren&#39;t shell with weapon defence on them), but the people with +3/4/5 uniques are totally out of line. Having a unique is one thing, but compounding the unique so that it becomes super charged? At some point it becomes impossible to compete with them unless they are either debuffed or absolutely suck.

I think you may have changed sides towards the end of your post. Anyways, while it is possible for everyone to get to level 80, it is not possible for everyone to get +3/4/5 uniques or +10 items. What used to be possible is now impossible or improbable (ex. successfully being able to solo because of skill, whereas now if you don&#39;t have items now, you will die regardless of where your skill level is). The game is more item based than ever. The only problem I have with the current situation is the dupers and the people who used to DB hack (and lack of action being taken against them). I don&#39;t give a damn if they have +9 weapons or armors (as long as those items aren&#39;t shell with weapon defence on them), but the people with +3/4/5 uniques are totally out of line. Having a unique is one thing, but compounding the unique so that it becomes super charged? At some point it becomes impossible to compete with them unless they are either debuffed or absolutely suck.[/b]
    or afk h34r:

anyways, +1 to that. compound till maybe +1 ok (like kaan said also) but over +2 (i think +2 is already too much, since biggest size of hp pots are 720, it becomes unfair already if some sin has dual rol/in/ib/eme/re +2 beside his shards/shells +8) is absolutely not needed in the game

Hypnos

I think it might be interesting if K2 mixed things up a bit with the next few server launches. For instance, have a "Pre-ROFD like" server enviorment by using the old maps, still the ROFD server/client, new quests disabled, events other than war disabled, and level cap at 70. Also maybe another one with heavily increased drop rates and huge exp, for people that don&#39;t have a lot of time, or are easily bored.

That said, anyone that really thinks old KO was best, is free to use private servers and be reminded of just how clunky old KO was. I wouldn&#39;t want to go back any further than KE.

Banned Senior Member

Have been wondering where you&#39;ve bene hiding Hyp

i think its a good idea.. but 1) dont think K2 would do such a thing.. and 2) i dont think it will ever be the same.. when we look back now ko was alot more fun because we all didnt make goals to reach the highest lvl or best items etc.. it was fun being a noob.. but if we do go back to old KO everyone will want the new skills that came out in expansions.. they will want the newer items and zones.. ko will never be the same -_-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast