K2's response to latest query (about guilt by assoc.)

This is a discussion on K2's response to latest query (about guilt by assoc.) within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; K2 has responded to my latest question in a series of queries based on gamers’ questions and comments. (To suggest ...
Page: 1

colinstewart

K2 has responded to my latest question in a series of queries based on gamers’ questions and comments. (To suggest a question, e-mail it to [email protected].)

This week’s question asks K2 to respond to gamers’ complaints that they are penalized just for playing with those who cheat.

GUILT BY ASSOCIATION
    Complaint: Players who don’t cheat are punished just for being in a party with a player who does. One reviewer of “Knight Online” advised new players not to become archers because archers often end up in that predicament: “Take some good advice and don't become an archer. They make you guilty of cheating by association, not evidence.”

K2’s response is on my “Inside Innovation” blog at:
    http://innovation.freedomblogging.com/2008...by-association/
    To read previous questions and answers, go to the blog’s “Q&A with K2” page.
    http://innovation.freedomblogging.com/k2qa/

Colin Stewart
    O.C. Register

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Mr. Stewart:

Thank you for taking an unusually strong interest in K2 Network and the service it provides to our forum members.

You should be commended for your efforts in the "Inside Innovation" section of the O.C. Register.

While everyone must certainly agree that K2 Network has improved its Customer Service and billing policies since the inception of the game, there is a certain population of players that would agree that the company still has much to improve.

And after reading Mr. Whitaker's latest response to your inquiry, I am compelled to respond to several comments that simply insult me as a consumer of their product.

Statements such as "I’d imagine the truth is a bit more complex" and "...leads me to suspect there’s more to the story" and the use of quotes around the word "innocent" demonstrate the general indifference of K2 Network employees toward their customers.

I understand that companies must take consumer complaints with "a grain of salt"; however, it is astounding to me that an executive of ANY company would allow a press release containing statements that insinuate the lack of intelligence or lack of legitimacy of its own customers.

In short, Mr. Whitaker implies that players should not adventure with cheaters because they reap the rewards of the cheating. I agree that players must be responsible so as not to group with cheaters; however, K2 must also take responsibility to remove those cheaters from the game so that legitimate PAYING customers should not be penalized for the actions of those cheaters.

With that said, I look forward to any other responses from them that you provide to us in the future - at least you're one of the few people getting a "sincere" response from K2 Network.

Please understand that these views are my own and do not reflect the official policies or opinions of ko4life.com or the ko4life.com administration.

Volcanic

K2 has responded to my latest question in a series of queries based on gamers’ questions and comments. (To suggest a question, e-mail it to [email protected].)

This week’s question asks K2 to respond to gamers’ complaints that they are penalized just for playing with those who cheat.

GUILT BY ASSOCIATION
    Complaint: Players who don’t cheat are punished just for being in a party with a player who does. One reviewer of “Knight Online” advised new players not to become archers because archers often end up in that predicament: “Take some good advice and don't become an archer. They make you guilty of cheating by association, not evidence.”

K2’s response is on my “Inside Innovation” blog at:
    http://innovation.freedomblogging.com/2008...by-association/
    To read previous questions and answers, go to the blog’s “Q&A with K2” page.
    http://innovation.freedomblogging.com/k2qa/

Colin Stewart
    O.C. Register[/b]
    So, just being an archer makes you a cheat???
    I wonder if K2 could send me a bottle of water. That stuff is clearly better than beer.

Fucking bobby. What a jerk.

Fucking bobby. What a jerk.[/b]
    lmao.

Colin your a beast, hitting K2 hard with the questions that everyone wants answered.

I'll be sure to e-mail you a few questions.

bazzeeka

meh load of shit :\