More Q&A with K2 -- this time on anti-cheat programs

This is a discussion on More Q&A with K2 -- this time on anti-cheat programs within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; K2 has responded to my latest question in a series of queries based on gamers’ questions and comments. (To suggest ...
Page: 1

colinstewart

K2 has responded to my latest question in a series of queries based on gamers’ questions and comments. (To suggest a question, e-mail it to [email protected]. I’ve received several helpful suggestions, which I’m preparing to ask to K2. Please keep the comments and questions coming.)

This week’s question is about anti-cheating programs.
    QUESTION: Does K2 have a program (x-traps?) that’s installed on a player’s computer during game play and could automatically block cheating? If so, why don’t you use it that way?

K2’s response is on my “Inside Innovation” blog at this link.
    There’s also a reader survey there, asking how helpful the answer was.

To read previous questions and answers, go to the blog’s “Q&A with K2” page.
    http://innovation.freedomblogging.com/k2qa/

-- Colin Stewart

kennyburger

They do have an anticheat program that is installed with the client called X-trap but it is easily bypassed.

DaKidGotSkillz

They shall goto Pnkbuster again.

Thats hilarous, When they do they update :P HAHA

It takes about 4 months after the hack's out to update, and even then 85% Of the hacks still work cuz they don't change the offsets like a patch does.

I understand that they can't ban every account that ever macros but they could easily create something to block the macro itself and actually update it regularly instead of the rare update it sees now. I wish there was something that could just auto ban people who use macros (and actually worked, we all know people would be banned unfairly if they ever implemented such a system).

Banned

the turks that makes some of the 3rd party tools makes money on that,the cheaters makes money buy selling ingame gold,k2 makes money by the paying players so they can buy more vodka and be drunk at work...

ppls hack for earing money nowdays,and the noobs that cant play.

thats a bull shit answer and thats not even half the question i sent you

you failed to ask them why there xtrap programs scans all programs users run with out users even being aware of it (ILLEGAL) and why they only used that function so gms manually ban players when it could be done automatically

JUST MORE PROPAGANDA PAINTINGS BY COLIN ON K2'S PROPAGANDA WALL

gtfo

you failed to ask them why there xtrap programs scans all programs users run with out users even being aware of it (ILLEGAL) and why they only used that function so gms manually ban players when it could be done automatically

gtfo[/b]
    If you want to make a remark like that then you GTFO!

If you want to make a remark like that then you GTFO![/b]
    are you just another paint brush ????????????

colinstewart

See also the K2 request for more info about hacking attacks in January.

gtfo[/b]
    True. I'm only asking a little at a time.
    Is it in fact illegal to run a scanning program? I assume, but haven't checked, that it's covered in terms of service agreement that players check they're OK with.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

gtfo[/b]
    You sir are an idiot. If you think you're so almighty just go and make a blog yourself.

I want someone ask them about NP bugging, its ruined clan ranking and the new cape system. Plus its very VERY common, much more common than we think. -_-

Ask them if they care only about money or do they actually care about the community, then when they say community I can lmao