Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

How did u get to play Knight Online?

This is a discussion on How did u get to play Knight Online? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Yeah , well i've been wondering this due i've start playing thanks to a friend of mine who recommended it ...
Page: 1

ThePenguin Senior Member ravizzl's Avatar

Default How did u get to play Knight Online?

Yeah , well i've been wondering this due i've start playing thanks to a friend of mine who recommended it u might have a funnier story.

PS. if theres already a topic like this pls close this.

Summer > went to friends house > his neighbors were there > they played the game > told me to create an account > tried it when I came home (56kb modem ftw, took like a day to download it.) > Made an archer > stated in everything (including int and mp). > was hooked.

El Shaddai Senior Member zecabr's Avatar

Hmm well i've never been a fan of games back when i started playin usko, there was no game's on my pc but a friend of mine worked on one of these cyber place's thing where people go to play many games including usko so me and my friend saw it and decided to check out the guy playing abit, we both liked it and decided to download and give it a try, and that was back in 2004 lol.

When i was 11 years old, I was playing Runescape and a friend told me to come Knight Online. Made a rogue
    played with 30-40 year old crazy ppl and getting kinda addicted....

Banned

Well it was about 8 years ago. I played desert combat a mod for battlefield 1942 with a group/crew called unholy playground. A clannie/friend of mine BobTheBuilder was playing the game with some other friend on teamspeak, told me to check out the game. Prior to downloading and installing I have never tried an mmorpg game before as I didn't really have an interest in them. Hopped on game, had no clue what the f*** I was doing, played for 5 mins, "WOW THIS IS F***CKING DUMB", QUIT/CLOSE GAME!!!. I had no clue or motive to learn or play the game at first....by myself at least. Well a few hours go by now, it was around 7-8pm and a few of my friends told me they were starting new characters and would show me how to play. Ehhhhh wtf hop back in game, create a warrior, meet up in moradon, they tell me the basic's attack/skills/items). We end up parting up and killing bulcans/giant bulcans across the river (my first time out at moradon killing/exping) they are both mages and I see their the skills they are using to kill mobs...ZOMG KICK ASS FLAME/GLACIER ATTACKS!!!! COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Decided to start killing, loot some item's like a boss, level up, do some quest, equip spear +7 and one handed sword +4 FEEL LIKE A BAD ASS!!!! ADDICTED, GAME ENDS UP IN MY BLOOD!!! continue playing for 8 years. It is actually very amazing how I can picture/remember so much from my 1st day of playing, I just think it's because it was a start of an ADDICTION. If somehow any of you Unholy Playground members are around (highly doubt it after all these years since clan died 1 month after I started playing and everyone went separate ways or something ) much love and to my first clan X run by ::CRUSH:: and Kitten <3 and miss you guys! PriestPiranha, Piranha aka Fishboy

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

The multi gaming clan I was involved with in Black Hawk Down and Joint Operations , had some members who tried the beta in 2004. Because Joint Ops was a big pile of steaming dogs turd , I decided to give it as try. Back then I only had a 1mb connection and it took an eternity to down load the bloody client. The big boss of our clan was playing and he asked if I would like to give it a try and my first thoughts were "WTF is this" , the whole game and concept were utterly alien to me , with my FPS background. After a few weeks I decided to give it another go and really got into the game. The way the clan Knights Of NoSkill was being run was utterly rubbish and eventually a massive falling out happened , which the lead to me creating OutKasteD and running my own clan for the first time ( I was a clan assist effectively running the previous effort ).

The real thing that got me , was how much the style of the game reminded me of Diabilo 2 , which was the first on-line game I had ever played way back in 2001 while I lived in Norway. You will find some people going on about your not old school if you were not around when everyone was on ranking , but I remember some of the massive drama on K2's original forums , the massive debate over combo legality and weather Turkey ip should be blocked from accessing the game completely ( It was a very close call too ).

I'm now on my 3rd time playing the game and it's normally an old KO friend wanting me to play in their clan or in this case Dumar asked me to make a clan and we could run it together. I have had a number of old players come back because they heard I was playing and running a clan once again.

Quote Originally Posted by BramishiaN View Post
    When i was 11 years old, I was playing Runescape and a friend told me to come Knight Online. Made a rogue
    played with 30-40 year old crazy ppl and getting kinda addicted....
    same thing, left RS friend found KO and played ever since, i was like vent, wtf is this thing?

Little archer Senior Member

friend recommended it at a internet cafe

after that with some school buddies we would await a new server release anxiously to play from the start

like 1-2 hrs a day, that was hardcore back then. but that started it all

my brother showed it to me, I remember my first mage str build ftw!

I saw my friend playing it and i really liked the login screen. (the one in old KO where to monster was screaming). FOr me it was the first game where i actually leveld up and stuff. Also made STR mage the first time lol...

have been to a freinds place, when i was 13 i think, we drunk and partied as u party with 13
    later that night when everyone left i was pretty drunk and wasnt able to get home
    he played a game i was fully drunk and asked what shit that is, he showed me and created me a warrior on his account which i played then 1 hour or smth, then i fell asleep, when i woke up next day he was playing again and i remembered that i played the game too. he showed me my warrior and we both played it again, then i drove back home and that was it, havent been interested in ko much so i didnt play it anymore
    a few years later when i was 15 or 16 he still played the game and got me curious why he still plays it, i installed the game at my pc and we played togehter, i reached a higher lvl and had some real fun with him gimping around and being noobish thats when i actually started to play

i still hate him for showing me this game ^^

so u were pretty drunk at age 13 when all people left and when u notice that ur friend is playing a game u became fully drunk... :d social drinker huh... ^^
    anyways i was about 12-14 when i was at a friends house for a book report, he said fuck it lets play a game and showed me his rogue with BEAST stilletto's, who were badass back than i kinda liked it and played it very casually for like 3 years ( someone with a cape was god to me ) , than i started to play more and never really stopped until some weeks ago :d thats like 6-8 years ago

buddies who i played cs with and knew irl played beta or something so they had me and my bro start playing it
    we lanned after my bro and i were about 30 after 2 days of playing
    we all got to 60 and start pking and stuff
    i played d1/d2/cs so my knowledge of hack n slash games pick up well and i think i was in wow beta at the time as well or somewhere around there
    so i was playing 2 mmos at same time lol
    kept playing got 70 rogue on ares and started pwning shit!

i was pretty drunk when everyone left and as u know alcohol needs some time to show its effect thats why i was fully drunk later on ;D

I downloaded it by myself first were trying to play in Ares , later movied had some nice first friends ... I love old times .. KO was first and last game rpg , which i can play after ko i cant play any games because every time i try remember ko , all buttons all skilbars KO , ehh nice to remember how i were noob at 40 lvl exping ^^ , at 60 lvl mage with nova was god 4 me because it was wow

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast