Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Most Effective lvl 70 championship char?

This is a discussion on Most Effective lvl 70 championship char? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by __countess__ Light mages blows, they suck... put me vs 3 light mages, i'm sure they'll not kill ...
Page: 3

EatMeTheMage

Originally posted by __countess__
    Light mages blows, they suck... put me vs 3 light mages, i'm sure they'll not kill me, good thing you can pot even when you're stunned.

You wanna be a SUPPORT mage? Get full complete set and a CS,SS or w/e, re-skill to ice and run arround with your shield aoeing and tping your party arround. No, no staff required.

Ice > Light
    :P

Complete+8
    staff+8 with 130AP(only for light mages)
    SSE+3 dual
    IN+3
    glassbelt(because of the huge int bonus)
    RoL+3 dual
    3 Light novas :P

that's reason i choose light
    cause i'll stun so much

and any sin would cure, any priest would heal when slowed... trying doing it when you are stunned :P

__countess__

Originally posted by EatMeTheMage+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EatMeTheMage)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-__countess__
    Light mages blows, they suck... put me vs 3 light mages, i'm sure they'll not kill me, good thing you can pot even when you're stunned.

You wanna be a SUPPORT mage? Get full complete set and a CS,SS or w/e, re-skill to ice and run arround with your shield aoeing and tping your party arround. No, no staff required.

Ice > Light
    :P

Complete+8
    staff+8 with 130AP(only for light mages)
    SSE+3 dual
    IN+3
    glassbelt(because of the huge int bonus)
    RoL+3 dual
    3 Light novas :P

that's reason i choose light
    cause i'll stun so much

and any sin would cure, any priest would heal when slowed... trying doing it when you are stunned :P[/b]
    You do realize that this will be a WAR and not pking in CZ right?

EatMeTheMage

Originally posted by __countess__
    yes :huh: , your point being?

azza

Dam i wish had some money for prem.......

__countess__

Originally posted by EatMeTheMage+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EatMeTheMage)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-__countess__
    yes :huh: , your point being?[/b]
    The pointS are many,

No buff scrolls, so prolly like 50% of the priests being buffers will be busy buffing people. And the fact that you die at least twice as many times in WAR will require to get buffed twice as many times as well.

Even if you get cured, or even if you cure yourself, you'll have to get swift again.. no speed pots, if you're stunned for.. ahmmm.. how long? 2 secs? 3? you still have your swift. And i'm highlighting this because this point alone is enough for you to re-skill to ice :-)

Try ask for cure AND swift in the WAR map when you see like 200 ppl from the opposing nation coming at you.
    It's easy to get the attention of one party member, but to get the attention of two party members at the same time IN THE WAR map, well it's not impossible, but you see my point...

EatMeTheMage

yes i see your point
    but staying with light
    because the special staff with 130 AP is only for light
    glacier has to use elixer

but,
    thanks ^_^

and i have 80 points left after pumping 160 int and 142 mp....
    should i pump hp?

or is 160+25 from GB good enough for max stun knowing others would only have around 50LR?

__countess__

Originally posted by EatMeTheMage
    yes i see your point *
    but staying with light

but,
    thanks *^_^

should i pump hp? *

or is 160+25 from GB good enough for max stun knowing others would only have around 50LR?
    ok then, i'm staying fire :P

EatMeTheMage

yes i see your point *
    but staying with light

but,
    thanks *^_^

should i pump hp? *

but you got any advice as for stats? :huh:

__countess__

Well i don't think that everyone will have only 50 lr.. they'll have more, it's not only RoLs, there are the WE's, RE's etc too.
    So i would go for more INT, can't tell you how much exactly, you should ask some1 that's playing light mage.

Skazi

warrior lvl 70 ftw

2.4k ap
    5.1k hp
    1.1k def

all unbuffed? who can fight that?

Cocaine

tank warrior w/ 9000 hp, 1500 ac, and 2500 ap

Originally posted by Skazi
    warrior lvl 70 ftw *

2.4k ap
    5.1k hp
    1.1k def

all unbuffed? who can fight that?
    You realise ALL warriors will have those stats? The winners will be the ones that pot faster...

I agree with Eatme.. Light mages will pwn. I should have maded a mage instead of warrior! :<

Haxium

yes i see your point *
    but staying with light

but,
    thanks *^_^

should i pump hp? *

U can keep the light staff and be ice mage. U dont even need high int, cuz when u r ice, even w/ 10000ice rezz, swift will disapear.
    Imo u should put enough point in int/mp and rest into hp. W/ gb/ib +3/4 / 1sse and 1re +3 / in+3/4 and rols+3/4.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

uhm... i think that if you add any int beside the stats wont affect your stun rate, based on the mp jewelry/clothes that dont increase dmg on humans, why would int from a gb do that? IB ftw...

and by far, the most effective char would be:
    Tank priest 60 buff - 60 healer

Thats it, cuz since most ppl chose warrior, or sin, or bp, to try to beat the shit out of humans, a tank priest would have arround 1400 ac (full shell +8, dual rol +3, sse+3/we+3, some shield that gives 240ac), and more than 5k hp unbuffed

In fact, as long as you have a priest that has undying and full party heal, thats all you need. I get 3k from undying, after im done making in+5 ill get far more.

But too bad i already made a warrion ^_^ , look out for LedZeppelin

Narya

I agree that in a well coordinated party, an ice mage is certainly the way to go. (If you're going to play a mage, that is. I think people should stick to whatever class they're best at.) One important consideration about light mages is that their level 62 "nova" does little damage, but merely blinds the opposing player for a few seconds. It also has a recharge time of several MINUTES.

Because speed pots are so cheap and common in USKO, our rogues are not particularly used to reswifting people every time their HP bar turns green. I can only hope this is true of other nations as well.

There are also very few experienced "battle buffers" in USKO who are used to curing, healing, and rebuffing their party in the heat of attack. (Shame on all you "town buffers" who wait in CZ for a party member to die, gate, or /town before you even stand up.)

My main goal as the ice mage in my party is to slow EVERYTHING that comes close to us and simply stay alive to TP party members back. I have never played a primarily defensive mage such as this before. After equipping my glacier erenion and full complete, I still have 87 stat points to spare, which I plan to distribute among INT and HP. I think some HP is important, because I have a slightly better chance of staying alive if I'm debuffed. A 2-second cure just isn't going to cut it when you need two 2-second buffs (and usually a heal if you were parasited) after that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast