Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To much people getting scammed at ko4life

This is a discussion on To much people getting scammed at ko4life within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; To much innocent people getting scammed here at ko4life this isn't about few dollars but realy big amount of money. ...
Page: 2

misterfrisco

To much innocent people getting scammed here at ko4life this isn't about few dollars but realy big amount of money.

I know if you are mod it's not amusing always trying to find out who are scammers but it takes always to long before these fking scammers getting banned for example it took Javier 1 year to get this guy banned in this time he scammed already so much people you can't imagine.

I applied to ko4life to be mod or something that i can ban scammers or try to search for these bastards didn't get positive answer yet i'm still hoping for it tho.

At least i would like to ask to the mods to ban certain people who everyone verify that he is a scammer why you can't ban this person ? because you don't have a scrnshot ? if 20 legit persons claim this person is a scammer don't let him on the forum anymore it's to much risk that people lose money to that one person the chance of damaging someone is to high to let these person at a forum like this.

i don't know if it's possible at same ip to make diffrent accounts maybe you shouldn't allow it anymore or put a max on 2 accounts at 1 ip. So scammers can't change their name all the fking time and make new account when they did their fking job.

anyway this is a call i make for all innocent players who got scammed, plz do something about it, it's something the mods can do for us and many people will appreciate this.

Greetz

Dennis[/b]
    man whats gay about this ^ is if the person gets banned if they are commited enough they can just make a different paypal account or open a new email. By the time they have scammed at least 4 people they could easily made a lot of money sad story man.

banning account and ips doesnt have because soemone who is ip banned can still make an account very easily. when i was ip banned a couple weeks ago i just used a proxy and made a new account for a couple days until it got unbanned. so if someone really wants to get on forums theres not alot you can do to stop them.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

One thing to highlight

Our members have made a total of 1,652,489 posts
    We have 22,954 registered members

each and everyone of us are responsible to help keep the market sections safe not just the mods and admins .

Also with making more and more people mods it becomes even harder to know who can we trust and who we can't , we have to try and cover all the servers giving jobs to people from these servers not just from Diez and Ares.

ghagar18

To much innocent people getting scammed here at ko4life this isn't about few dollars but realy big amount of money.

I know if you are mod it's not amusing always trying to find out who are scammers but it takes always to long before these fking scammers getting banned for example it took Javier 1 year to get this guy banned in this time he scammed already so much people you can't imagine.

I applied to ko4life to be mod or something that i can ban scammers or try to search for these bastards didn't get positive answer yet i'm still hoping for it tho.

At least i would like to ask to the mods to ban certain people who everyone verify that he is a scammer why you can't ban this person ? because you don't have a scrnshot ? if 20 legit persons claim this person is a scammer don't let him on the forum anymore it's to much risk that people lose money to that one person the chance of damaging someone is to high to let these person at a forum like this.

i don't know if it's possible at same ip to make diffrent accounts maybe you shouldn't allow it anymore or put a max on 2 accounts at 1 ip. So scammers can't change their name all the fking time and make new account when they did their fking job.

anyway this is a call i make for all innocent players who got scammed, plz do something about it, it's something the mods can do for us and many people will appreciate this.

Greetz

Dennis[/b]
    Simple stop allowing USD trades. That solves everything.

Terrorblade

I have an idea. What about giving Market mods the rights to mark ppl?

For example ... if someone's reputation is discutable or kinda bad, market admin can mark him. Marks would be appeared under Avatar or in signatures. It should be clearly and easy to see (red bigger font) and there would written something like this: "This guy is prolly a scammer, check his reputation better" or "Some ppl say he's scammer so watch out".

And normal mods can be banning them right away, and if they don't feel to do so, ppl will be warned.

to be completely honest, in 99,9999999999% of the times people are getting scammed, it's their own fault/stupidity[/b]

Amen.

Why would you do a trade for allot of money without asking a mod first if that person is trustable or not? It's very simple, yet for some people it seems too hard, therefore (how hard this may sound) you deserve to get scammed.

Psy

Word of caution: People selling things at "lower" prices are either going to:
    Sell you a duped item or
    Scam you
    I say this because people have a tendency to buy lower priced items, without looking at the name brand.

And to SweetEmotion: if you don't like it, go use the official forums. They have a market section like that setup. This forum remains up because of those people who sell items, and in the past those people that sell items in the market section have kept this forum up through donations; so restricting the sales would leave this forum without some big donations.

I agree with Chemical, but I also believe that you must be able to trust them with your money; one was you can go about doing this is asking in Player Trustability Inquiries section. If you find out that you can not fully trust that person, then you take a dose of Adderoll and wait for someone else that you trust to sell an item.

And once again, this is in the wrong section. KO4Life is the appropriate section, no one wants to read crap like this when they're trying to find out anything recent about the game.

Banned Senior Member

Simple stop allowing USD trades. That solves everything.[/b]
    Already tried that when K2 was watching these forums and the market section, failed horribly

We dont support USD trades, but we allow them to happen because it's been part of the game wether you like it or not for the past few years

Banned

One thing to highlight

Our members have made a total of 1,652,489 posts
    We have 22,954 registered members
    each and everyone of us are responsible to help keep the market sections safe not just the mods and admins .

Also with making more and more people mods it becomes even harder to know who can we trust and who we can't , we have to try and cover all the servers giving jobs to people from these servers not just from Diez and Ares.[/b]
    its 27k now

Banned Senior Member

We have 22k members with accounts on the forums, the other 5k i'm not sure about, some are deleted accounts, the rest are maybe accounts which never got activated

i'm sure there is a solution to just lower the amount of scammers.

also if a amount of people say this player is a scammer to ban him without doubts.

I'm sure there are many methods to find scammers, also maybe asking a mod to be specific busy with searching scammers.

Banned Senior Member

That system doesnt work, I could have 20 reports that your a scammer, and I would then have to ban you without any thoughts

Psy

I made a post in the KO4life section suggesting a Scammer Section so that the names of scammers can be more easily cataloged. Here's a quick link to it: http://www.ko4life.com/forums/index....owtopic=191976

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

The ko4life moderating team has put procedures in place that make it 100% impossbile to get scammed - going above and beyond our responsibility to protect our members from scam attempts.

A lot of time and effort has been used to create these procedures, but if a user chooses not to follow them, they must be responsible for the consequences.

There are several market mods and trusted trade mods that are more than willing to facilitate trades.

Scams only happen when someone is too impatient to wait, someone trusts someone they shouldn't, someone doesn't have a verified @ko4life.com msn address, or someone doesn't want to use a ko4life approved moderator.

Following ko4life procedures, I have personally successfully moderated over $100k in trades and I'm on a new server.

So yes, I happen to agree with schrotti.

to be completely honest, in 99,9999999999% of the times people are getting scammed, it's their own fault/stupidity[/b]

wildcatalley

Thats why you should buy from Kennie.[/b]
    +1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast