Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To much people getting scammed at ko4life

This is a discussion on To much people getting scammed at ko4life within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; One thing to highlight Our members have made a total of 1,652,489 posts We have 22,954 registered members each and ...
Page: 3

sexy Owa

One thing to highlight

Our members have made a total of 1,652,489 posts
    We have 22,954 registered members
    each and everyone of us are responsible to help keep the market sections safe not just the mods and admins .

Also with making more and more people mods it becomes even harder to know who can we trust and who we can't , we have to try and cover all the servers giving jobs to people from these servers not just from Diez and Ares.[/b]
    i completely agree, mods and admins cant do everything. its a persons responsability to look into who they are selling/buying from, laziness in that aspect will result in a possable scam if somebody gets scammed people should take matters into their own hands to help prove it was that person and tell an admin to get that person ip banned so somebody doesnt repeat the mistakes of a former scammed member :/ cant have the mods/admins do everything

bazzeeka

And even so wats to say they scam ppl for amount of time get banned [IP] , wats to say if they have a different identy on this forum with a new [IP] ? its so easy to get around IP banning speacilly on ko4life 0_o

sexy Owa

And even so wats to say they scam ppl for amount of time get banned [IP] , wats to say if they have a different identy on this forum with a new [IP] ? its so easy to get around IP banning speacilly on ko4life 0_o[/b]
    seems so aparantly mntGG aka wapszer is still scamming around on this forum.

infolock

actually if KO4LIFE just blocked all USD etc posts (banned it). You would see it alot less frequently. Thing is, KO4life, I think is scared, that if they are not the one's to offer the possibility of USD related trades, another site and or pre-existing one will take alot of their valued users away from reading the 99% pointless posts made daily. Shame eh.

You can't do it via EBAY anymore, atleast not widespread. Join the band wagon KO4Life, and help all the parents of these gimps save dollars on their credit cards from their geeky kids racking up paypal bills.

sexy Owa

not allowing usd sales on ko4life isnt possable its been attempted before, babashop is just a part of the game we cant drop if people were a tad more intelligent with their purchases and sales, scam's wouldnt happen.

Fag

i don't know if it's possible at same ip to make diffrent accounts maybe you shouldn't allow it anymore or put a max on 2 accounts at 1 ip. So scammers can't change their name all the fking time and make new account when they did their fking job.[/b]
    You realize that ppl can have dynamic ip ?

swishersticks

Let me suummarize this.

whos fault is it that they get scammed? 99% of the people here dont use the search engine to search about the person they are doing trades with.

Is it the admins fault that people are geting scammed? they already took it to the next lvl and dont support char trading with the tradeable mods.

what more help do you people want to not get scammed by your stupid brains?

they already banned turkish IP'S.

example: samir known scammer ect. is still being able to get peoples info to there char because the people are so stupid and dont use search or ANYTHING.

IMO i think we should take out "trustability" section because that is a stupid section. EXAMPLE: i make topic, i say msn all friends. gogog say me 100% gg, next day the dude does a trade, scams the guy, guy who gets scammed makes post saying he had trustable topic and still scammed me. CRY MORE PLEASE

Even if they locked every topic for USD then what stops someone from PM'ING someone saying they sell for USD?

Wow some people are so stupid. I laugh at everyone who has gotten scammed for allowing someone on their char/selling through PAYPAL/buying through WU.

ill say again. most people here are stupid

bann someones IP. what will that do? either proxy the site or they can change there IP in 5 minutes. ZOMG!

darksk1ll

ya ,, it suck,, im scammed 2

its fucked up

they need to do something about it

swishersticks

ya ,, it suck,, im scammed 2

its fucked up

they need to do something about it [/b]
    they dont need to do anything

If you would grow a brain you wouldnt get scammed.

stop blaming admins and blame yourself

It's super simple.

~ There's no way an in game transaction should be scammed; as long as people aren't idiots and make sure they check the items and coins every time before they press ok, then they will be fine.

~ If the trade involves more than one trade window can hold, then there are trade moderators for that; therefore people who end up getting scammed bcuz they don't use a trade mod are idiots.

~ Interserver trades can also be done by a moderator, and if you utilize their help then you should have no trouble. If you choose to risk it without one, then you are an idiot and deserve to get scammed.

~ USD trades violate K2's ToS, so if you participate in any of these types of transactions you are in essence "scamming K2," so when you yourself get scammed.. Karma is a bitch i guess.

~ Char trades.. lol one of the most illogical things i can think of. You are just BEGGING for someone to use their past info to the char to scam it back. When i was mediating a trades before, i even left a disclaimer that there was a chance for the person to hack it back even with my assistance in the trade.. It's purely fraudulent and i think its dumb to participate in these kinds of trades in the first place.

So, when it comes down to it. If you are semi-intelligent you shouldn't get scammed. Trading with shady characters is a bad idea; trading more than one trade window, doing interserver trades, and character swaps are all highly fraudulent and a trade mod should be used. USD trades are illegal based on K2's ToS, so don't cry about that.

In conclusion, nearly all issues can be avoided through the utilization of mediators or by using common sense.. so i don't get why mods have anything to be blamed for.

(oh and p.s. most scammers have 100+ IPs and banning them all takes quite a long time.. so we do our best thanks)

to be completely honest, in 99,9999999999% of the times people are getting scammed, it's their own fault/stupidity[/b]
    +1

Tainted

I've been asked to help with USD trades many many times, and more often than not the day comes that I was supposed to help the person and they never show up. A few times because the buyer/seller backed out of the trade after finding out a trade mod had been requested to help, and lots of times because the person that requested didn't have the patience to wait and went ahead and did the trade before hand (few of them later came back saying scammed, blah blah). As I have told people who have asked me, I will not assist in usd char trades because if the character later gets hacked and the buyer loses it and the items on the account, I won't have any possible involvement in it.

3thos

to be completely honest, in 99,9999999999% of the times people are getting scammed, it's their own fault/stupidity[/b]
    :wub:

at soultaker.

learn better english, and then you might become a mod, otherwise, shut up and stop bitching, honestly.

SillyHo

banning account and ips doesnt have because soemone who is ip banned can still make an account very easily. when i was ip banned a couple weeks ago i just used a proxy and made a new account for a couple days until it got unbanned. so if someone really wants to get on forums theres not alot you can do to stop them.[/b]
    Yeah but the majority of people who would spend High dollar amounts would be concerned with someones new acct that was created dec. 1 2007 and had a grand total of 3 posts. I mean the concept of an updated single .txt file that could be downloaded perhaps with known scammers and as much info as is known about them (AIM, MSN, Paypal, etc) would be helpful. Would be a totally shitty and thankless job for an admin/mod to do though....so I nominate Festo! He is used to getting used and not having anyone say thanks! :P

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast