Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My Contribution to USKO

This is a discussion on My Contribution to USKO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) - GamersFirst Forums Hasnt gone unnoticed by G1 we might get a new Anti Cheat and hack ...
Page: 1

xXDespicableXx

Default My Contribution to USKO

Valve Anti-Cheat (VAC) - GamersFirst Forums

Hasnt gone unnoticed by G1 we might get a new Anti Cheat and hack system that actually works tried and tested

Little archer Senior Member

cool'''''''

Banned

Pelos is so retarded omg really someone should kill him.

This steam is almost the same as the current APR but works much better.

Like you said, lots of games are using it, and if they will take some profesional programmers (not MGame's) to code it, it will be x223131 better then the APR

Quote Originally Posted by Humanity View Post
    Pelos is so retarded omg really someone should kill him.

This steam is almost the same as the current APR but works much better.

Like you said, lots of games are using it, and if they will take some profesional programmers (not MGame's) to code it, it will be x223131 better then the APR
    Steam is nothing like APR when it comes to memory usage etc.
    It is prone to causing massive memory leaks and has done the same for years

There is one other problem with the idea. VAC is proprietary to Valve

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pelos View Post
    Steam is nothing like APR when it comes to memory usage etc.
    It is prone to causing massive memory leaks and has done the same for years

There is one other problem with the idea. VAC is proprietary to Valve
    Whats your definition to "massive memory leaks"?

And that dude just told you that he and his brother or friend idk made some changes and it was working with KO

Whats your definition to "massive memory leaks"?

And that dude just told you that he and his brother or friend idk made some changes and it was working with KO
    Do a google search for Steam memory concerns

This may concern you a bit as well. It is taken from the STEAM privacy policy:

"Collection and Use of Information
    By using Valve's online sites and products, users agree that Valve may collect aggregate information, individual information, and personally identifiable information, as defined below. Valve may share aggregate information and individual information with other parties. Valve shall not share personally identifiable information with other parties, except as described in the policy below.

"Aggregate information" is information that describes the habits, usage patterns, and demographics of users as a group but does not describe or reveal the identity of any particular user.
    This information may be used to improve Valve's products and online sites, for internal marketing studies, or simply to collect demographic information about Valve's users.
    Valve may use customer contact information provided by users to send information about Valve, including news about product updates, contests, events, and other promotional materials, but only if the users agree to receive such communications. (SEE AUTOMATIC OPT-IN POLICY BELOW)

From time to time, Valve's online products may provide chat forums, bulletin boards, or instant messaging tools to users.

Personally identifiable information will be processed and stored by Valve in databases hosted in the United States.
    Valve does store information on a user's hard drive that is used in conjunction with online play of Valve products. This includes a unique authorization key or CD-Key that is either entered by the user or downloaded automatically during product registration (This is where authentication should stop IMO). This authorization key is used to identify a user as valid and allow access to Valve's products. Information regarding Steam billing, your Steam account, your Internet connection and the Valve software installed on your computer are uploaded to the server in connection with your use of Steam and Valve software. Valve software automatically generates and submits to Valve bug reports upon a crash or other fault in the Valve software. This automatically generated bug report information may include information about other software or hardware on a user's system.

AUTOMATIC OPT-IN FOR VALVE MARKETING POLICY.
    Choice/Opt-out
    Valve gives users the option of discontinuing receipt of promotional email communications from Valve. Instructions for discontinuing receipt of promotional email communications from Valve will be provided in such subsequent email communications to users.

TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Why is there non-Steam information in my Steam cache files? Is Steam Spyware?

Some users have seen non-Steam related information (like names of private files on their computer) show up inside their Steam cache files, raising privacy concerns. This is actually a result of the way Windows handles files. The cache file gets created on the client using the Windows CreateFile() command. This command will create the file but not initialize it. Due to the large size of the file, the Steam client does not initialize the empty data blocks in it as this can take an appreciable amount of time. On NTFS machines, files created with this method happen to have the property of appearing empty (initialized to zero) but for FAT32 machines, it shows up as whatever old data was sitting on drive in the sectors that just got allocated for the cache. This data is never uploaded or even read by the Steam client. Eventually, as Steam downloads more data, the old data is overwritten.

Banned

Hmmm ok you won xD

Justin Oreos Senior Member sleven07's Avatar

Pelos Pwned you

xXDespicableXx

none of you actually read that did you you just saw the wall of text and though cant be bothered. Read it properly, and google what you dont understand. Err in regard to memory leaks, im not having any problems... memory usage is idling at 4megs (less then USKO), and my cpu idle is ticking over at a massive 6%. i have run some tests on that on the set up monitoring the supposed issue for 48 hours and the levels are reporting as normal. I can however confirm that during updates on STEAM the memory usage is a catastrophy, however a simple restart solves that.

My test rig is only running 3gig of RAM, and a Phenom II 965 at stock clocks. i dont have any problems.

I've had a steam account for 8 years and play games regularly with it, it works fine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xXDespicableXx View Post
    none of you actually read that did you you just saw the wall of text and though cant be bothered. Read it properly, and google what you dont understand. Err in regard to memory leaks, im not having any problems... memory usage is idling at 4megs (less then USKO), and my cpu idle is ticking over at a massive 6%. i have run some tests on that on the set up monitoring the supposed issue for 48 hours and the levels are reporting as normal. I can however confirm that during updates on STEAM the memory usage is a catastrophy, however a simple restart solves that.

My test rig is only running 3gig of RAM, and a Phenom II 965 at stock clocks. i dont have any problems.
    I was talking about that privacy part, where we allow them to take info about us and give it to other companies

xXDespicableXx

I was talking about that privacy part, where we allow them to take info about us and give it to other companies
    You can also opt out of that. <3 By law they need your permission to use your information so they have to give you the choice which they do. I can only report from my personal experience, and i havent had a bad one with STEAM yet.

good luck getting K2 to spend any money to get the license to use this

Banned Senior Member

Didnt Punkbuster tell K2 to go fuck themselves?

I have little faith in this game's 'secure' future.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCastle View Post
    good luck getting K2 to spend any money to get the license to use this
    Isn't it Mgame that decides what anti-cheat to use? I can't remember for sure, but I thought Mgame developed APR.

I also don't think it would be a simple case of purchasing a license, but rather sharing the revenue with steam/valve. Which would be odd considering ko is free, I guess they would have to share their PUS revenue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast