Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

My Respect Lost For Some Quitters

This is a discussion on My Respect Lost For Some Quitters within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Foretold Hmmm let's all do some basic math! So lets say that somebody wanted to sell their ...
Page: 3

Originally posted by Foretold
    Hmmm let's all do some basic math!

So lets say that somebody wanted to sell their character for $2,000
    and let's see this somebody played (on average) about 8 hours a day, for the past 2 years. *
    8 (hours) x 365.25(2) = 2922 hours
    2000$/2922 hours = $0.68 an hour

compared to:

2922 hours x $5.15 (minimum wage here in america) = $15,048
    Mind you, all these figures are averages, and taxes could apply, etc etc.

So basically, if you're so damn worried about money, go get a job. $0.68 an hour isn't even worth selling your character in my mind, just let your character rot in KO and perhaps if the game gets any better, you can come back..

What a joke.
    Some people arn't as rich as you, we would rather have that 2k than nothing at all. :rollseyes: Stop looking that the math, ko isn't a job its a hobby. by all means ko isn't a way of earning a living, but it can help you get a few things you want in real life if you decide to quit. I am a stingy basterd... I don't make a shitload of money from my job but I manage my money well enough to afford my house and 2003 tundra limited. Being able to live with such luxuries means I invest and don't buy tons of shit. KO has gotten me a nice shiny new ipod and computer monitor, which I otherwise wouldent have bothered to buy.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

oh and on another note my opinions might be crap in ur opinion and i might be an asshole in stupid idiotic posts like this but ive helped many in this game i post frequently in the game help section in every mage topic i see and i get pm's all the time asking for help which i do help them(considering its a reasonable request and not one for free items or anything like that)

Foretold

Originally posted by Vacant+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vacant)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Foretold
    Hmmm let's all do some basic math!

So lets say that somebody wanted to sell their character for $2,000
    and let's see this somebody played (on average) about 8 hours a day, for the past 2 years. *
    8 (hours) x 365.25(2) = 2922 hours
    2000$/2922 hours = $0.68 an hour

compared to:

2922 hours x $5.15 (minimum wage here in america) = $15,048
    Mind you, all these figures are averages, and taxes could apply, etc etc.

So basically, if you're so damn worried about money, go get a job. $0.68 an hour isn't even worth selling your character in my mind, just let your character rot in KO and perhaps if the game gets any better, you can come back..

What a joke.
    Some people arn't as rich as you, we would rather have that 2k than nothing at all. :rollseyes: Stop looking that the math, ko isn't a job its a hobby. by all means ko isn't a way of earning a living, but it can help you get a few things you want in real life if you decide to quit. I am a stingy basterd... I don't make a shitload of money from my job but I manage my money well enough to afford my house and 2003 tundra limited.[/b]
    Yeah, you do have a point. But it's the idea of selling so many hours of work for little or basically nothing. If you have no problem with the idea of selling your time for basically nothing, then go right ahead.

And my math was assuming that you would get at least $2000 for your time. If your character was only slightly good, then you would probably get like $500 for all your stuff.. This makes it worth even less... ($.17 per hour :P )

I completely agree my friend, from a job standpoint it's a total waste of time. But I just can't view it as a money making project, considering I played ko 80% of the time from work out of boredom . :lol:

Love my job.

Foretold

Originally posted by Vacant
    I completely agree my friend, from a job standpoint it's a total waste of time. But I just can't view it as a money making project, considering I played ko 80% of the time from work out of boredom . :lol: *

Love my job. *
    Lol nice :rollseyes: ^_^

Aluzion

Time is money and money is time

or something like that :S :rollseyes:

TunaFishyMe

the most important thing my physics teacher taught me was that there are no free lunches in this world.

I_Am_On_Ares

Default Re: My Respect Lost For Some Quitters

Originally posted by STevarius
    So many people have quit over these past few weeks it is just pathetic. I had respect for most of them, but the repsect just diminishes after they quit due to boredom or various other reasons. You would think when they quit, they wouldn't sell their items, but the money just seems to call them. I mean when you quit, why not give your best friends your items? Like for example, Doc is selling all his items/char, but wouldn't you think that it would be better to give those items to those who you knew and trusted instead of selling it SLM BABA TURKMUSEM that you have no idea who he is and if he will bring a bad reputation to your character. How can money be that great to you instead of the friends you knew and trusted and even played with?

My 2 cents.
    (I am thinking of getting back into this game.)
    i didnt rad the whole topic, awell dunno if its been said. Sounds selfish to me TBH. I should know ^^

Foretold

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    the most important thing my physics teacher taught me was that there are no free lunches in this world.
    what about breakfasts? ^_^

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

well getting 2k$ from a hobbie/game isn't half bad. And where i live, the minium salary for an unproffesional person (like me, im just a college student atm) is lik 200$ a month... 2k is quite nice. Is a 2nd hand cheap car or a good time of high life style... ^_^

now that i think of it, i've played arround a year, less than 8 hours a day. So i got the minium salary here.. for playing a game

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

minimum weight? :P

Originally posted by camaz0tz
    yeah, in his child molesting village, they need a minimum weight for the children

Zparda

FoOoK

worthless or not, if your items are any good (assuming Doc has great items) then people will pay big bucks for them. Why should he give away free money? to friends? if you were any kind of friend, you wouldnt bother bringing up if he give you items or not, cause if you do, then all the 2 years of friendship, you are just waiting for him to quit so you can benefit. (some friend you are...)

if he decided to gift you even one item, then thats his choice and good for him, but if he doesnt, then those items are still his (whether you've helped him get it or not)

If he gave you an item, he probably would need to give other "friends" an item as well and soon enough, there goes his $2000+ he could have gotten

So if you were in his position, you are willing to give away $2000+ worth of items to a friend or friends you met online? Reality check buddy, even real life friends dont openly GIVEEEE away $2000 to eachother.

This post actually backfired, because it just makes us question your friendship towards Doc or whoever. Why? you make it seem as though you care more about getting his items rather than staying friends.

Dro
    As hot sauce on your taco Senior Member

Originally posted by Shurt+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shurt)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-camaz0tz
    yeah, in his child molesting village, they need a minimum weight for the children [/b]
    im peruvian and i do mistakes cuz english isn't my 1st language.. fuckers! <_< :angry:

AND IM NOT A PEDOPHILE GOD DAMMIT1!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast