Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The State of Knight Online

This is a discussion on The State of Knight Online within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Yea so basically, i was posting in the feedback section. At first i was just gonna post about customer support ...
Page: 1

Yea so basically, i was posting in the feedback section. At first i was just gonna post about customer support since a good friend of mine got screwed with payment fraud, but it kinda escalated into this pretty big post about some issues ingame and some ideas i threw in.

I know a lot of the time they don't even pay attention to the forum but Linus does, so i made this post about some issues with KO, not only because of my friend but a lot of the topics i have read here with complaints about KO and getting screwed. Anyways if you can log on the forum and add your thoughts to the topic or simply to support what i stated i'd appreciate it. I did it in a non flame way so i'd like to keep it that way so its not closed. Its a long post but i think i got my message across and hope Linus takes a look and can see some changes. If you don't care then thats your call but any additional feedback on this topic by other players would be great.

Didn't check for spelling/grammar just typed it up real fast and posted. A lot of the stuff is obvious/evident ingame but i just put it on their feedback section since thats what its for. I hope he takes a look and changes are made.

Anyways here is the link:

The State of Knight Online Post

Original Post (Yea i Know its long i just kept typing :P ):

I have created this post in an effort to point out to Linus and possibly the staff over at K2 that there are just some aspects of Knight Online at the present time that are unbearable and, some potential solutions that could possibly make a gamers experience with knight online, much more fun. It’s a respectful post so I hope its not closed like a lot of the other topics. I’m just pointing out issues I see with KO, not taking cheap shots at the company.

Customer Support:

First and foremost, I do believe that the Customer Support can greatly improve. I realize how many tickets are submitted daily, and I’m sure their answering as many as possible, but a lot of the times it’s not quick enough. A great example is a friend of mine (Will not give his name for Privacy Reasons), who has played KO over 4 years now without any problems with his payments whatsoever. On June 7th 2008, he purchased his premium, and the money was taken out of his credit card, and on June 9th his account was banned for “Payment Fraud”. It happened after that patch for the gems came out. It could have been a mistake on K2’s end but the fact is they were at the wrong on this one. He submitted his support ticket, and it kept being moved up with the usual automatic responses. Anyways, 21 days later (June 22nd) his account was un-banned and the official statement, which he got, was, “Due to Hacker Activity on the Account, the account was banned for the users protection.” The hilarious part here was, that the whole time it was credit card fraud, and now it was switched while he got banned. After all this the least that you think could happen was for him to be compensated for his premium days, but in the end that was not the case. He had lost 12 days of premium for something he did not do. The morale of the story here is, yes sometimes there are mistakes, and we believe that K2 is trying, but the fact of the matter is, that customer support should be improved, to further the gaming experience of the loyal players that your company has.

I think a good idea for K2 (Pretty sure its not implemented) is to have a Customer Support line. It should be open during business hours, and it would help settle a lot of the problems that many players have. You can get instant support, and if it’s a larger issue then it can be handled through CS tickets, but this way the small issues can be handled immediately. Using Blizzard as an example, they have a number you can call for instant support with World of War craft, and its very helpful.

In-Game Issues:

Speedhack/Wallhack: Although Linus has stated that a complicated fix has been in the works, I mean honestly how long has it been going on? PK (Player Killing) is easily the most joyful aspect of Knight Online. Speed hacks greatly decreases the amount of fun you can have with PK because it makes it impossible to catch the players using it. Wall hacks make it so players can get in to bowl instantly and run through objects you are not able to run through, not to mention it makes CSW (Castle Siege War) that much harder, because players are able to use it to get into the crystal room without being seen, as well as get underneath the crystal so that they can’t be attacked. This frustrates the legit players, causing some to quit, not support buying premium, or as you have seen on your forums, lash out at K2.

I have read numerous times that the GM’s are doing a lot of work, and I’m sure they are but once again, it seems more as if they are banning low level Chinese farmers, or farmers in general, rather then getting the blatant speed hackers in CZ that hinders the gaming experience of legit players. When I do get the chance to speak to a GM through PM you can usually get him to ban a couple players in CZ but that’s about it (There are some awesome GMs that spend a lot of time with you banning such as Gorbag/Colosis). I believe the GMs should spend more time in CZ and Ardream because that’s more important. If you ban the speed hackers there, and announce a few of them, I think that would produce less speed hackers in the long run because they know there is a legitimate chance at getting banned, until the complex solution for the speed hack is released.

GM Events:

Someone has already stated this however; I will re-state it because I think it’s quite an important notion. Most of the events are geared towards European/Turkish time zones; I think if a Boss event/Exp event is launched (Especially boss events) there should be one in both time zones. A lot of players in the North American time zone have to go to work and don’t get off until about 3-6. Everyone should be given an equal opportunity to participate in events, so we don’t feel left out, and especially since many players enjoy boss events.

CSW/Cata Bug:

Ok couple things here, first off I think the CSW on Wednesday should be pushed a few hours later or disabled completely. Reason being, the time. 2:45 EST, 1:45 CST, and 11:45 PST. This makes it nearly impossible for North American players to attend the event. Especially if a clan with a big NA base holds the castle, it makes it quite difficult to defend with half your players at school/work/out. I think push it a couple hours back or just hold one once a week. But if the idea of two CSW in a week is favored, push it back to 3:45 or 4:45 Eastern, which is reasonable to everyone.

Catapult Bugging is a huge issue in basically every server. A lot of clans (Not All) use this bug to defend the castle. For those of you who don’t know what it is, basically when your catapult gets to low hp, you cancel it and put it back on giving you full hp. Once again it was stated that a fix is in the works, but to help in the meantime, a GM presence at every CSW would greatly help stop most of the cheats. There is anywhere from 4-6 GM assigned per server, I’m sure its not that difficult to have one log in for 1 hour during the CSW to keep it as fair as possible.

Kingship:

I think it should be raised to 50 or 60, that way it will give everyone a legitimate shot at winning. Therefore people who own a cafe cannot exploit it to spam votes.

To sum it up, there are clearly numerous issues with KO at the moment. I don’t work there but it seems that overall they put more attention towards some of there other games more so then KO. I no longer play KO due to many of the reasons posted above, I feel as if my premium is not worth it. At the same time I am not stating that K2s GM are bad, infact i know several gm’s past and present (Colosis, Gorbag, Enceno to name a few) have done great work in their servers, but many feel as if not enough is being done for the amount of money that is spent to play the game. Many players have quit, more quit with every day that passes by, and sure new players begin, but its almost if the English community will be extinct soon. I hope for the sake of KO that what Linus says holds true and everything he stated is in the works. But simply put, in the meantime more effort (Ideas I stated above) needs to be put in keeping the gaming experience for legit players what it should be, fun.

Any other players feel free to state some feedback on how we think the game can improve, and try to keep it flame free so that Linus isn’t forced to close the topic.

damn thats one hella long post...
    and ... omg i actually read this h34r:
    but i also agree with this shiz here...
    :wub: ash

Lol read it too.. soo longg . Yeah ash I have to agree 100% with all you said... I quit because of this, hoping that when the next server comes out these bugs wont exist anymore.. but anyways its their game and as long as they make a profit they probably wont do shit..

Delicious

yea I totaly agree with elektrik becouse the customer support can be really bad sometimes, and yea ofc i understand it's hard with all the tickets just like elektrik said but yea, bout the speed hacking wallhacking it's been there so long i dont even think bout it that much anymore, thats how long this bug has been going on, this is a bug k2 have to fix cuz Ive seen alot off gg legit players leave this game because of speed hacking upgrade buggs cheating isi,fela and ultima, the koxpers tried to get us xped alot of times pulling mobs and attacking us, so we wouldnt screw up the greed farming they did (with [3rd party tool]) didnt work very good for em tho since they all were 1 hit's but still this is a lack of respect, they aint afraid of the gm's anymore and we gotta fix this, cuz i miss the Bifrost farming a lot and i miss the items/money from farming.
    also bout the king nomination i dont think it's fair at all im playing girakon been playing there since the first day, and ive had so many kings ive never ever seen b4 random people no1 had never seen b4, this is a bit wierd since the people the won over had alot off support from bigg clans+forum help and you should totaly fix so you cant be lvl 30 or what it is to vote cuz they are xping up that high in 1h for a month just to nominte and then they can do it next month again and next month again, our current king got 28% and even more the first time when he won the king nomination first time no1 i knew had ever seen him.

eletriK, would you have my baby? pls?

b1rdy

Long but true.

Banned

umm.,..
    ash elektrik combo's quick fast?

anyways. gl with this

Banned

TEXTBLOCK.

PaPaSmurF

I agree with everything you posted. These issue have been problems for a very long time. I don't know why these problems have not been solved yet, its pretty pathetic. It just goes to show how "fresh" K2 is as a company.

I hope someone like Lunis reads this post and actually gets motivated about fixing a few problems, and do what it takes to get them fixed. Enough is enough, Knight Online could be, arguably, the best MMO ever developped with the bugs sorted out and updates implimented. What other MMO has such a complex and unique attack method such as comboing? Its only a matter of time until another company looks at that and developes something similair, but make up for K2's biggest downfall, which is, in its simplest form, lazyness it appears.

K2 is too busy finding new methods for people to spend money, rather than making the game work properly. Which is something that helps a company expand, but its just the steps I've always seen from every company that was decent always fixed their problems before implimenting more shit to make money off of.

Like I've always said, good luck getting K2 to give you a real response to this. As they say, hope for the best, expect the worst. Anyone who was someone in this game can tell you K2 is batting 1000 for failure. Its quite sad because they are/were sitting on a gold mine. Its only a matter of time till another company out does them and developes a game thats similar with better customer support and all, making up for K2s downfalls.

Banned

Please dont reply with such a long posts too, i was about to read elektrik's post but when i scroll down to hit "add reply" button, i see replys as long as his. Aq =[
    Will edit after i read all D:

Hey guys post your opinion/support on the actual KO Forum since that is where they read, not ko4life unfortunately :P

Linus has already posted on the topic so its noticed, so further feedback on the KO forum would be nice.

Well written. I am a believer in the idea that people can make a difference and taking the time to make things better is a worthwhile endeavor. This is the way things can get changed and the apathetic and critic will always try to slam you, but keep going, you have a talent for words.

PaPaSmurF

Ya, btw, nice job putting this together elek

Reveal

Nicely Done

Take 5 mins of your time to register on the official KO Forum to post on this topic, the more players that post there the better, as linus can direct our feedback over to K2. So try to post here as well as the ko forums.

http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/

Go there to register. Click my link to post.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast