Results 1 to 15 of 15

Need to buy a better pc..look!

This is a discussion on Need to buy a better pc..look! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey guys,I'm in desperate need of a new computer,so can you guys please help me find a good computer to ...
Page: 1


  1. #1
    Senior Member Xero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Need to buy a better pc..look!

    Hey guys,I'm in desperate need of a new computer,so can you guys please help me find a good computer to buy?

    But..I can only buy from 1 website,so don't send links of different websites and tell me to buy this piece from this place and this other from this other place.Also my total budget is 500$ CAD or 700$ CAD including monitor + keyboard.

    I hope someone can help me find a good PC ..

    I want a beast KO pc xD

  2. #2
    rasta
    Guest

    Default

    Why can you only buy from just one site? Also would you mind buying parts and putting them together or do you need to have a prebuilt pc?
    And can you tell me the site you'd like to purchase from?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Xero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasta View Post
    Why can you only buy from just one site? Also would you mind buying parts and putting them together or do you need to have a prebuilt pc?
    And can you tell me the site you'd like to purchase from?
    • Only one site because of the Shipping.
    • Parts or prebuilt is fine,it doesn't matter;if it's prebuilt then i will get someone to install it in for me.


    • Any site that sells for Canada is fine.The top 3 I know are:

    TigerDirect.ca- Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, PC Components & Electronics

    http://www.newegg.ca/

    NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.

    Anyways,if you are trying to help me,please make sure your on the Canadian part and not American :P

    Thnx
    Last edited by Xero; 01-23-2010 at 12:54 PM.

  4. #4
    rasta
    Guest

    Default

    Kinda hard with $500. :S

    I did some research on those 3 sites and gave up. Go to overclock.net you'll get good help there.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Xero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    I'm going to go up a little on the budget..

    Anyways,I got a new one built on the site with a help of some friends (look down):

    CD-ROM
    PC Case
    Hard Drive
    Video Card
    RAM
    Processor
    Motherboard

    Power Supply

    All from newegg.ca

    P.S I'm thinking about changing the E8400 Intel to the AMD Phenom II (http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16819103471), it's about 20$ cheaper and performs the same if not better.But I want your oppions on this.Also if there is anything I can get for cheaper on that site that will do the same,please feel free to post it,because it would be nice if I can save some money
    Last edited by Xero; 01-25-2010 at 04:02 PM.

  6. #6
    evilwevel
    Guest

    Default

    DO NOT use a cheap power supply ! it is the most important thing (since it powers everything) you put in your computer.

    and the video card isn't that great either. i'd go for a new ati 5xxx series since they have dx11 support.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Xero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilwevel View Post
    DO NOT use a cheap power supply ! it is the most important thing (since it powers everything) you put in your computer.

    and the video card isn't that great either. i'd go for a new ati 5xxx series since they have dx11 support.
    i forgot to update the power supply,i wont get that,im going to get Newegg.ca - OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

    and for the video card,can you hook me up with a link on newegg.ca ?

  8. #8
    evilwevel
    Guest

    Default

    Newegg.ca - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100284VXL Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

    it's $50 more, but it's worth it. vapor-x versions are the best. they have much better cooling and have a factory OC.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Xero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilwevel View Post
    Newegg.ca - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100284VXL Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

    it's $50 more, but it's worth it. vapor-x versions are the best. they have much better cooling and have a factory OC.
    Possibly if I had a higher budget,But I don't so I won't

  10. #10
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    I love my OCZ PSU and cooler master case. Your case is a newer version of mine, but still pretty similar. iirc it does not come with a case fan in the front (at least mine didn't) so you might want to get one of those too. You could probably go with the phenom II 965 and get a motherboard with AM3/ddr3 (I got 6gb ocz ddr3 1600 ram for like $120 after rebate a few weeks ago). If that HDD is the only one you're going to have, its pretty small. You could get a 1 TB for about twice the price.
    I got: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...-402-_-Product
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...-727-_-Product
    http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16820227365

    On a side note: I got http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...%20Orion%20202 for $15 after a rebate, and its obviously not an amazing case, but a shitload better than I was expecting from a $15 case.
    Last edited by SlmShady; 01-25-2010 at 06:09 PM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Xero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlmShady View Post
    I love my OCZ PSU and cooler master case. Your case is a newer version of mine, but still pretty similar. iirc it does not come with a case fan in the front (at least mine didn't) so you might want to get one of those too. You could probably go with the phenom II 965 and get a motherboard with AM3/ddr3 (I got 6gb ocz ddr3 1600 ram for like $120 after rebate a few weeks ago). If that HDD is the only one you're going to have, its pretty small. You could get a 1 TB for about twice the price.
    I got: Newegg.ca - ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
    Newegg.ca - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
    Newegg.ca - OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK - Desktop Memory

    On a side note: I got Newegg.ca - AZZA Orion 202 black/black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases for $15 after a rebate, and its obviously not an amazing case, but a shitload better than I was expecting from a $15 case.
    your items are too expensive for me also for the HDD,250gb is good for me,I don't download anything really

  12. #12
    Senior Member Xero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,757

  13. #13
    Senior Member assas62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    Why did you decide to downgrade proc? You can basically get a DDr3 board and ram for the same price as that ddr2 setup. I would save a couple hundred more and get a much better performing PC, AMD Phenom II 955 BE, DDR3 2x2, and board that will support am3 socket. and a 5000 series ATI would be best bang for buck.

  14. #14
    Senior Member SlmShady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    FYI that mobo is a micro ATX (It looks to be the micro ATX version of mine, which I linked above). I would advise against getting such outdated technology tbh. mb ram and processor could all be upgraded significantly for liek 200-250 and would last you a lot longer.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Xero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    its because i dont have the money and this is good enough.........also total is 540$ but with shipping and everything else i need to buy comes to about 750$....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •