Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Knight Online, and video games in General

This is a discussion on Knight Online, and video games in General within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I was addicted to Knight Online in my freshman (9th) grade year. I remember playing it for hours on end, ...
Page: 1

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

I was addicted to Knight Online in my freshman (9th) grade year. I remember playing it for hours on end, sometimes even to log on and just sit around and do nothing. I'd probably walk around at school thinking about nothing but Knight Online, and what I could do to get better at the game. It consumed me.

As a result, I failed my Freshman year. I recieved 3 B's in my classes and as a result I was behind on coursework from then on. I never understood why I even played Knight Online, but maybe it was some involuntary thought that I had to be better, but this was always at a cost - the cost of my grades. I tried to make up for my 3.5 GPA in my Freshman year, by essentially doing every extracurricular activity there was, involving my passions with my non-academic pursuits. I literally taught a computer science "course" at my school (since there were no classes related to programming at my school), worked as a technical director for theatre productions, became extremely active in our debate program, practiced endless hours of piano to win at competitions, played on the high school tennis team, started my own web designing organization, moderated you fools, and underwent an internship at the Boeing company, all to pursue my penchant for both innovation and engineering. Although my grades were bad in Freshman year, I consistently brought them up each year, up to a 4.0 in my Senior year first quarter report. I scored a 2260 on the SATs. But it wasn't enough. It wasn't enough.

For some reason, this year, I was the only person applying to Stanford (early). In addition, I had one sibling who had already attended Stanford. I had so much going for me. But you can't make up for lost time. To err is to infinitely drown yourself in the hands of failure.

Yesterday, I recieved my rejection letter from Stanford University, and for that reason I now realize my mistakes. There is no way to amend, you need to take every moment and do well. Stop playing video games, or at least control yourself to perhaps 2 hours per week. You won't gain anything by being good at this game. You won't gain anything by becoming the #1 forum troll on ko4life. You will only lose.

Time is forever fleeting,
    you cannot catch it.
    Oh, do not waste time weeping,
    for you will waste your wit.

Dear Allen,

The Office of Undergraduate Admission regrets to inform you that we are unable to offer you admission to Stanford University. The overall quality of our applicant pool and relatively small size of our freshman class means that we disappoint the vast majority of our applicants each year. We acknowledge your strong interest in Stanford, which makes the task of sending you this news especially difficult.[/b]
    I'll be unreachable by MSN, this forum, and on any game until next April. Bye.

Banned

bye lutz you can always come to UCR with me

YESSS!!!!!

no more lutz

... dun come back

Cocaine

Wtfux? Bai lutz. You will always be my chinky-chink.

Shit I'll take a 3.5 :P

Ivy league is overrated.

Theres plenty of opportunities in life no matter what school you attend. Get your degree, work hard and you'll achieve in the long run.

3.5 isn't failing

you go to whitney or oxford?

troy graduate here

just go to uci like every other chink

dub

i got this feeling this year also when i was not accpeted to the university i wanted to attend because of my grades and i also started playing ko at freshman in high school but iam just going to transfer into it i guess ;(

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

3.5 isn't failing

you go to whitney or oxford?

troy graduate here

just go to uci like every other chink[/b]
    Whitney.
    I'll kill myself if I go to UCI.

_Priest_Of_God_

Sad to hear lutz... I been having same problem i Had low grades through my high school years...only thinking bout this game and so far i have been turned down for 3 colleges so far... Probly the reason i have this shit ass job...This game is overly addicting

KooPa

sorry to hear about this =(

lol lutz u going emo cuz u cant get in some university? o.o get over it nerdy :P it'll be okey

and uhh how much is B in an out of 10 mark ?

wub you lutz !!
    ^^

omgwtf123

Unfortunately, lutz speaks of a truth that many people refuse to accept. In my freshman year, I was #3 in my class and had the highest course-load of any freshman. I was taking almost 5 APs that year and scored 5 on all my exams. Sophomore year, I discovered KO and things went downhill for me. Due to my Asian Heritage, I was looked down upon when my GPA went from a 4.5 weighted to a 3.7 I scored only 3s+4s on my AP exams that year. Ko Consumed me. I was like lutz, walking around school thinking about what I could do to be a better player. my grades dropped until junior year in which I took a initiative to limit myself to 5 hours of KO per week. My GPA slowly rose to a 4.0 But unfortunately, I still was unable to enter any ivy leagues this year via early action, only got into University of Rochester via early decision.

KO really can fuck you up. Be Careful what you do.

I don't know about you.. but I won Dux of my school whilst playing this game. I actually became smarter playing an online video game. No, but you're right though you don't win much in this game, but you have a lot to lose.

quit for both semesters of medschool, A's > level 80

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast