Need legal advice^

This is a discussion on Need legal advice^ within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Heres the situation, say you sold merchandise to someone that you didnt know, they paid you in .. lets say, ...
Page: 1

evenson

Default Need legal advice^

Heres the situation, say you sold merchandise to someone that you didnt know, they paid you in .. lets say, Mabye stolen dollars.. Stolen Credit Card etc. You had no idea of anything illegal. First off, Are you liable for the money? Eg. You have to give it back?

[size=18]!i!i!i! TIP !i!i!i!i! DO NOT, I REPEAT TO NOT SELL TO TURKISH PEOPLE, THEY WANT THESE FUCKING STEREOTYPES TO GO AWAY? THEN STOP FUCKING UP YOU SACKS OF SHIT. !i!i!i!i! TIP !i!i!i!i!

It has come to our attention that you may be the recipient of potentially unauthorized funds. We have initiated an investigation into this event. In the meantime, we have placed a temporary hold on the funds in question until the investigation is complete. This temporary hold will show as a deduction in your available balance. In the meantime, you are free to continue transacting using your PayPal account.

This is the email i got today after FILING A FUCKING DISPUTE ON EBAY BECAUSE I DIDN'T RECIEVE MY FUCKING ITEM, AND THIS IS HOW THEY INVESTIGATE? BY FUCKING ME OVER 80 USD? Fucking people..... all i suggest is dont sell shit in paypal period, especially to turks, havn't had one fucking problem since i started using paypal, and the one fucking time i do a transaction with a turk, i get fucked in the ass... Fuck you.....

Same happened to me and paypal basicly told me to fuck off. I already spent my money too, so I had to pay back paypal through a check. -_- It wasent a turk that did this to me either, just dont do paypal transactions period.

In fact I cant find a single safe way to sell/buy items considering western union has absolutly NO buyer protection, once you send the money that it, nothing you can do about a scam.

Die4MePlz

i sold someone 40gbs on ares for $160, few hrs later, they did that shit to me and its currently under investigation

doubt paypal would give my money back since Sellers Protection Policy against Unauthorized Funds Chargeback Fraud does not cover intangible/virtual items

R34P3R_Magikz

theres Nothing you can do about it either..

Reitsu

anyone know how to avoid chargeback when dealing w/ paypal?

R34P3R_Magikz

what i got after aciddreamz Acidently transferd funds from a wrong account instead of his current one but it was sorted out

Unfortunately, PayPal is not able to resolve the dispute between the two
    parties due to the item purchased being virtual or intangible. As a
    result, PayPal has taken no action on either account at this time.

So i suggest only dealing with people you know are not going to f**k u over

Surely there is a legal loophole if they recieve an invoice of what is sold etc

Razi

<3 Festo :wub:

Fantasy

You got served, but hehe you are not the only one boy ^_^

www.paypalsucks.com

Aqu

I would never sell to a turk, because they have no concept of right and wrong.

lets not go making generalisations here...

whether turkish or not, only accept trades and sales with people you know you can trust

Well according to Finnish law, wich is quite similar of continental europe and scandinavian. If you buy something wich u don't know it's stolen u can keep the thing because u are ( malefide or bonafide, I always mix up these terms ) But incase you know or u should have suspected something fishy, you will loose materials u have bought. Like if u buy something really cheap, then u should have suspected something. Like example someone selling IN for 30usd or lvl 70 char for 100usd etc.

Problem is that in these cases they either use international law or law of that country where they deside actual transaction has been made. So if u buy some guy who lives in turkey and he uses turkish cc, it's big fat change that they will look into matter by turkish law. I don't know what turkish law say about this, but it might be like u cannot keep item weather u knew it was stolen or not.