Need A New Laptop

This is a discussion on Need A New Laptop within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok Guys I have a shitty dell laptop and it barely works... I am not saying Dells are bad but ...
Page: 1

roberto 117

Default Need A New Laptop

Ok Guys I have a shitty dell laptop and it barely works... I am not saying Dells are bad but mine is. I have been looking around and the small netbooks are really looking good to me cus they are very portable and I overall just like the look of them. Any tips on what kind or maybe any reasons why the netbook is a shitty choic. Please help me out guys and also keep the price reasonable on recommendations.

Thanks a lot

What do you plan to use the laptop for?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalkon View Post
    What do you plan to use the laptop for?
    same question here,
    I need gaming laptop for games like CSS cod4 and fps game, knight online and other games must be lag-free... and with high graphics
    and Price range im looking for between $500-1000

roberto 117

Well im looking to use the computer for mostly school work and general web browsing and things of that sort. I have a desktop that I use for gaming but I travel from my mom's house to my dad's house a lot so i want a computer thats not like a desktop. Obviously, because the desktop is pretty much a chore to move from one house to the other i need something portable in between houses that i can get good general use and maybe some lower level games. But nothing like css. And I also need to be able to do like gimp and photoshop and that kind of stuff on it, could a netbook handle that kind of stuff?
    Keep in mind that I dont want to go to crazy with the price eather so i think netbooks are pretty cheap and easy.

Degree

My friend just recently got a ASUS laptop. Pretty cheap and very good. Should Check Those out

roberto 117

thanks ill check those out...

Default for that price

for that price you should get an hp..

Legit Good Gun Senior Member bladegreat's Avatar

I always prefered Dell, u can get pro gaming dell laptops aswell if u willing to invest :P

evilwevel

netbooks are fun to work with, smallest ones they sell right now is 10.1" i believe. i still have one of the first aspire one netbooks (8.9") and those are a bit to small in my opinion when you want to use photoshop or want to edit large pieces of text (loads of scrolling).

games don't work very good on the netbook since the chipset isn't build with graphic power in mind. i've found some games that run without any problems on full screen, but they're 2D ost of the time (world of goo is the best 2D game ever )

just get a 6-cell battery if you're going to use it a lot when you're traveling and you don't have an outlet nearby. mine goes for about 7 hours on battery when i'm working on it (excellent for school, just fire it up and it's good to go for an entire day).

don't forget to buy an extra mouse though, those small trackpads suck when it comes to scrolling

i bought a laptor 1.5 years ago, and it got 256 mb graphic ram, 2gig ram, dual core 1.33 or smth. and the problem is....*drumroll*

OVERHEAT. u cant play ko if ur laptop gets hot, it makes the hugest fps drops, and it lasts forever. dont buy a laptop, if ur gonna play ko on it imo.

Gl hf, , btw, mine is dell.

btw, it costed my ass 1.3k$, overpriced as fawk.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

My laptop is a Dell inspiron 15 in red. For my degree work it is perfectly fine , good cpu , 4 gig of ram 300gig HD and Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.It's lightweight enough for all my needs and powerfull enough to do web design. Obviously not used for games but it was never designed or intended to be used as one.

ilanlp

i offer you to buy gateway notebook =]