Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

New Event

This is a discussion on New Event within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I never said there should be 0 tolerance for error, but they should be accountable to do what they are ...
Page: 2

HotAsIce

I never said there should be 0 tolerance for error, but they should be accountable to do what they are HIRED to do, and if it truely is a quota of bans they need to make per month, put the effort in and actually catch the cheaters instead of picking random people to ban. The GM's in this game have made many MANY mistakes, and K2 should be reliable, but for some reason the populace just goes "Oh, that GM has a life, its ok if he never logs in and takes care of the server he was hired to take care of." Of course it shouldn't be a 0 tolerance policy, but right now, its looking more or less like an 80% tolerance policy, and that is just way too lax for a game of this proportion.

tindall

I never said there should be 0 tolerance for error, but they should be accountable to do what they are HIRED to do, and if it truely is a quota of bans they need to make per month, put the effort in and actually catch the cheaters instead of picking random people to ban. The GM's in this game have made many MANY mistakes, and K2 should be reliable, but for some reason the populace just goes "Oh, that GM has a life, its ok if he never logs in and takes care of the server he was hired to take care of." Of course it shouldn't be a 0 tolerance policy, but right now, its looking more or less like an 80% tolerance policy, and that is just way too lax for a game of this proportion.[/b]
    That I can agree with

HotAsIce

Looking back on that post, it looks kind of agressive, I didn't mean it to come out that way, so if I offended anyone I'm sorry, but thats my feelings on GM's and the way K2 lets them do pretty much whatever they want. Not meant to be a flame on anyone but K2Network for their lack of work ethic

4que

GMs get paid, but they have people to answer to as well, K2 is a company and its sole purpose is to make money for its stockholders.

If GMs ban everybody who needs it, alot of premium accounts will no longer produce money, which affects their bottom line. If knight Online was a game you had to purchase from the store to play they would have that constant source of income to rely upon so customer support would be crucial as word of mouth is the best advertizement.

The game is free to download so K2 relys soely upon PUS and premium users to support the game.
    Its simple business ethic, and it sucks for those who play, why do you think the only ones who get banned are non premium users. :angry:

HotAsIce

Then there needs to be a public record of those who were banned, listing whether they were premium or not. If it shows that non premium users were the vast majority of those banned, they can be sued for monetary discrimination (yea, I made that up, but doesn't it sound cool? :P)

"The best screenshot wins a non-automated CS response."

Bukowski

"The best screenshot wins a non-automated CS response."[/b]
    That would be a prize worth winning. =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12