Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

New forums, Like/dislike?

This is a discussion on New forums, Like/dislike? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Go to http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/ Scroll down to the Entertainment section. There it is!...
Page: 7

Supertinus

Go to http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/
    Scroll down to the Entertainment section. There it is!

From Bankrupt to Blue Sky Senior Member Riley's Avatar

I agree with Ghosty. The previous forums had how many years to improve? These are the first days, and everything isn't going to suit everyone's needs. The point is, these new forums are basically completely DEFAULT. Nobody likes default. Give them some time to customize it to their, and our needs, and everything will be just fine!!

Things I Dislike:
    - Small Font.
    - Bland Skin (I realize that will be fixed soon) I actually preferred the IPB default skin, it wasn't so ugly.
    - Everything seems to be compacted more. ie: The Categories, the font for the sub forums, etc. I would'nt mind a longer loading time, or longer page, if everything was just bigger and easy to click. I generally browse the website with my finger on a touch pc and it just makes it hard.
    - The smilies are ick. Gray does not show emotion! haha.

Things I like:
    - The new forums have given room for improvement. ALOT of room.
    - Moderators now have it easier. Which means they won't be so pissy when I make them angry 0_o
    - Topic Rating System
    - The general feel seems to be easier and less clunky.
    - PS: You can multi-quote, by hitting the multi quote button.

Quote Originally Posted by PADDY View Post
    heyyyyyyyyy

what happened to the retired moderators group? no more vip chat for me
    Check again

Quote Originally Posted by Waza View Post
    old forums was less laggy for many users and easy to reach but hey, look at the good side
    now its not about just knightonline, its about other games I think its pretty much good idea and hopefully in the future many people will join us from other games.
    Less laggy how? We are running on the same box and this layout is about the same size of the other. Problem are signatures and oversized avatars. IPB resized those and showed a "smaller" version but kept the real ones in the database (very stupid). Once we imported, all those huge graphics are showing up and we need to manually find them and delete them. It's gonna take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by salmin89 View Post
    (i pressed quick reply to this message on soenne, but its bugged i guess)
    exactly

I don't think Devile is keeping a list of people who like it or not :P

Give him something to work with, for example:
    ¤ Fast reply box looks abit windows 98
    ¤ cant find where i change my pw without having to use "CTRL + F"
    ¤ And as mentioned, cant find the off media topic, and wont search for it untill i find it with my eyes :P
    * U dont need to press Quick Reply. U just tipe in the quick reply box.
    * Password change is inside User CP. The FIRST option, Edit Details. Its part of the learning curve.
    * Offtopic media is outside the KO section. Remember this is no longer just a KO forum. U might wanna click at HOME and take a look arround to get familiar. A couple minutes and u will know where's everything.

Quote Originally Posted by projectpat View Post
    i dont like not being able to make a new topic because i dont have enuff posts
    nearly all my posts are in the market place and they dont count :/
    Wasn't that how it used to be? Market Section posts counted?

Quote Originally Posted by Killing spree View Post
    And is there no way to allow it so you can change the Topic title of your post?
    http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f2...titles-284536/

Quote Originally Posted by StoneColdAngel View Post
    You'll find it on the "General Board". Scroll down to "Off-Topic" und the "Off-Topic Media" is a subforum of it ^^

In general I like the new forum but a few things disturb me.

• - You can't multi-quote like we used to be able on the old board.
    • - My friends got deleted.
    • - People lost (like me) / gained post count.

If I find more things, I will gladly post here to help improving ^^
    * Multi Quote, to the right of the quote button.
    * Friends, cant do much about it cause the import didnt pick those.
    * Still tunning that. So far Vault, Offtopic and ALL the Market Sections dont count. My guess is some of the market sections were counting, some not. I'll restore the old forum in another URL to see exactly what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by silentdj View Post
    Multi-Quote is a MUST 1st on the list please
    Read above.

Quote Originally Posted by Stift View Post
    Movie and music sections are gone? Or mabye im just blind.
    Go to HOME, check how the whole forum is now, not just the KO section.

Knight Online (ko4life.com) redirects just to this section of the forum. Go look arround, there's far more sections than KO.

As for the rest of useless posts. I will start deleting them. I GOT IT, most of u didn't like the new layout. 90% dont even say why, just "sux", "dont like it" "old > new", etc. How am I supposed to know what exactly I need to change to improve it? Go back to IPB? Sorry, not possible. Unless u have something useful to add, please refrain from posting here.

I need real feedback to work with. New skin and smilies are top of my todo list. I'll prolly add 1 by tonite and a couple others on the next days. I even found one that's VERY VERY similar to IPB (same colors, layout, buttons, etc.).

There's a MILLION things I need to do. Day 1 u just bitched like this is the final version of the forum, which is NOT. Hope u guys get that in order to understand your requirement, u need to tell us exactly the details. Right now I feel like a Dad hearing his 1 month baby crying and I don't really know exactly what he needs.

Cut the whining and the bitching, give me DETAILS of what u would like to see here.

Supertinus

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I agree with Ghosty. The previous forums had how many years to improve? These are the first days, and everything isn't going to suit everyone's needs. The point is, these new forums are basically completely DEFAULT. Nobody likes default. Give them some time to customize it to their, and our needs, and everything will be just fine!!

Things I Dislike:
    - Small Font.
    - Bland Skin (I realize that will be fixed soon) I actually preferred the IPB default skin, it wasn't so ugly.
    - Everything seems to be compacted more. ie: The Categories, the font for the sub forums, etc. I would'nt mind a longer loading time, or longer page, if everything was just bigger and easy to click. I generally browse the website with my finger on a touch pc and it just makes it hard.
    - The smilies are ick. Gray does not show emotion! haha.

Things I like:
    - The new forums have given room for improvement. ALOT of room.
    - Moderators now have it easier. Which means they won't be so pissy when I make them angry 0_o
    - Topic Rating System
    - The general feel seems to be easier and less clunky.
    - PS: You can multi-quote, by hitting the multi quote button.
    Well said. Trying to say the same but just didn't had the words for it

projectpat

Quote Originally Posted by projectpat View Post
    i dont like not being able to make a new topic because i dont have enuff posts
    nearly all my posts are in the market place and they dont count :/
    what im saying is i used to be able to make topics in the market section but now i cant

on the old forum my nick was beepbeepimajeep (i had an admin change it years ago) ... and on this forum it's back to my account name, mcdreamyy. problem is i cannot access all my old pm's, which is troublesome because im in the process of dealing with a few ppl... =\

old one seemed to be better, but we'll see :P

StoneColdAngel

Quote Originally Posted by mcdreamyy View Post
    on the old forum my nick was beepbeepimajeep (i had an admin change it years ago) ... and on this forum it's back to my account name, mcdreamyy. problem is i cannot access all my old pm's, which is troublesome because im in the process of dealing with a few ppl... =\
    Thats why there has been an announcement telling you to request a login change and to save your PM's yourself >.<

Btw. I really like the youtube embedment

PopeThePriest

ah hmm ok i guess i have to be active to make new topic now lol

Ta Dev me darlin' nice to hear from you, figured you'd have succumbed to the swine flu by now :P

Quote Originally Posted by mcdreamyy View Post
    There was an announcement which asked all users to backup PM's as Dev was not 100% sure that he could import everything correctly

I my self liked the old one just because i was use to it really and once we all get used to this one itll be that same... its all a matter of getting used to...

ehh well i liked the old forum but i guess this looks aite,ppl will just get used to it

im sure when they fix skins etc it will look great

also fix my name!

Yeah I like it but why is my name changed?
    Last edited by blood21; 08-03-2009 at 02:35 AM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast