Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

How much NP is legit.

This is a discussion on How much NP is legit. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'm blind or something - didn't read main forum thread 2 days old. Can't find here. Offical forum http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=197093 I've ...
Page: 1

Ignore Me Senior Member

I'm blind or something - didn't read main forum thread 2 days old.
    Can't find here.

Offical forum http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...howtopic=197093

I've got a 15 megabyte excel file on my desktop. It's everyone in the game who has gained NP this year.

In this list are many legit players. In this list are also many NP transferring . . . shenanigansheads :lol:

Calimaestro, Mohrlan (bonus points if you remember who this is) and I have gotten together and decided where the "ban" point is, in terms of nation point gain over a given period of time. Basically, the majority of people before the ban point are legit -- they have gained acceptable amounts of NP. Everyone after it is definitely not legit. Before I flip the switch, I'd like to get your input:

How much NP do you think a good player, who plays all day on a Saturday, could gain? In a week? In a month?

Should we disband every clan that has a member on this list, or only a certain number of members on the list? Let it be known that I favor the former.

Here's what I personally want to do (logistical or technical issues notwithstanding):

Everyone on the list before March 15th - Ban 30 days, reduce NP to 100
    Everyone on the list after March 15th - Perma ban
    Disband every clan with at least one member on this list

We'll see what Cali thinks about this too since I'd be asking him to do the disbanding :lol:[/b]

mrmagic2008

I'm blind or something - didn't read main forum thread 2 days old.
    Can't find here.

Offical forum http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/forum_e...mp;qpid=1264581[/b]

this is what happens when GMs become lazy and now suddenly are trying to fix things. Ends up they realize they have too much work to do and take short cuts . So instead of looking through the whole log files (15mb as he claims), he's gonna ban based on amount of nps earned in a day/week/ etc. Suppose that would work but I think if he sets the threshould low enough, some legit people will get banned. Especially on days where people monument bless camp.

Hell_Angel

this is what happens when GMs become lazy and now suddenly are trying to fix things. Ends up they realize they have too much work to do and take short cuts . So instead of looking through the whole log files (15mb as he claims), he's gonna ban based on amount of nps earned in a day/week/ etc. Suppose that would work but I think if he sets the threshould low enough, some legit people will get banned. Especially on days where people monument bless camp.[/b]
    not really possible anymore :unsure:

not really possible anymore :unsure:[/b]
    lol yea, It's been to long - hackers have had their way for over 5 years now, It's to late to start caring, besides - I doubt this would work because k2 posted it, It will most likely ban the people who earn under 1mill a day [legit people] so epic wins again!

linus thinks 1 month of pk can't be 500 k np

his little document must not include peruvians at the beginning of a new server

his little document must not include peruvians at the beginning of a new server[/b]
    rofl D: Via made over a mill i forgot how long but it was less then a month, Linus is sounding like k2 got ahold of him and replaced him with a k2 monkey drone.

BiGHIT

i hope its true what they wanna do ,to get this game mor fair and legti.
    ban all cheater and tbl user and other unfair gamer.

thx

well i guess the legit limit is prolly 2-3k NP in one scr. And maybe 4k in war. I cant see anyone getting higher then that legitmately.

K2 finally realiosing shit and now its too late =.=

St0neColdKill3r

Alright so based on this simple so called log that they have shouldn't they have had a criteria in place for years on what constitutes NP transferring. Obvious answer is no and NP transferring has been going on since the beginning. More proof to me that k2 is beyond flawed and the furthest thing from perfect in any aspect of their business. Some real ardream superhero's posting on the officials saying you can only make 3-4k NP in a day. Get in some nova town parties or our war parties and you'll see reality. Just implement a timer on kills that if the same person is killed 5 times in under 10 seconds or in a spot that only wall hackers could get too instant ban. Timer was a bit of a joke but they need something more then the general poplulations description of what legit NP is.

i hope its true what they wanna do ,to get this game mor fair and legti.
    ban all cheater and tbl user and other unfair gamer.[/b]
    Oh yee we all want fair game play but this process is totally pathetic. Based off their NP gained(if irrationally high) they check their kill list and see the same person or few people killed over and over, or whats been going on lately on Pathos where people are using the 50% NP bonus and 1 NP transferer(orc) kills the human til the humans NP's are down to almost 0. At which time the Human then starts killing the orc with the 50% NP bonus on so you can see they are essentially generating a ton of free NP from nothing. Not to mention ppl being able to sit in moradon still leaching the NP's being transferred in CZ.

BTW ashet, fix your link, right now it points to the posting page with a quote already there.

Ignore Me Senior Member

BTW ashet, fix your link, right now it points to the posting page with a quote already there.[/b]
    LOL

Banned

his little document must not include peruvians at the beginning of a new server[/b]
    D:

I guess this can be a good step, but I am just afraid of the lvl 70- characters with rental armor saying that 50k in a month and above is not legit.

500k in a month is a bit insane.. Yes u can do but...Still hard.. About 300 400 k can be legit tho .

500k in a month is a bit insane.. Yes u can do but...Still hard.. About 300 400 k can be legit tho .[/b]
    I think it's better to ban a 80% of cheaters than ban 100% of cheaters and 5% of legit players.

That's why the threshold is so high. What if, some legit player went and did 500k in a month? That's why you set the limit at like 600k and anyone who gains more than that is banned. Yea, we'll catch less cheaters this way because not all cheaters do 600k a month, but at least we won't be banning legit players.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast