NEW idea for trading sistem - auctions

This is a discussion on NEW idea for trading sistem - auctions within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; austions would be great beside merchant and trade u put an item lowest price and the time, how long auction ...
Page: 1

SpaceFlower

Default NEW idea for trading sistem - auctions

austions would be great beside merchant and trade

u put an item lowest price and the time, how long auction will last

buyer make his bid, and his offer is hidden from the rest interested ppl in this item

higest bid wins

SiegeR

Default Re: NEW idea for trading sistem - auctions

Originally posted by SpaceFlower

buyer make his bid, and his offer is hidden from the rest interested ppl in this item

higest bid wins
    WoW style?

If yes thats great system

idefix

Originally posted by SpaceFlower

higest bid wins
    why hidden? i think it shud be shown for every1 to see how high offer has been done.

basically i think thats a good idea, same as in WoW. auction house, ppl put items there, then they put starting bid and buy out there, and the auction time is 48 hours or something... the prob is just how the seller gets his money then, in WoW it worked fine coz theres the mailbox system... that'll also be in firedrake, so this would prolly work fine in Firedrake.

but if k2 wud do this thing, there would be no need of merchant mode anymore, meaning less people in server, meaning less ppl will want to buy premium coz less people will be on servers all the time. that means k2 gets less money :P so dont think k2 will do the auction house. this idea has been introduces a few times be4 also, i personally think the auction system would be 100 times better if your really buying something, i.e. a mirage dagger +7, u dont have to go to all 3 servers in moradon search every merchant window, which would last for about 30minutes -1 hour dependign what time it is, but if there would be some auction guy, you could talk to him, then select mirage dagger +7, and you will see all the mirage dagger +7s which are for sale, so you will basically be able to buy the cheapest one around.

also would be nice for the ppl who have a good item / items they want to sell, but also want to do pk/xp same time, they could just put the item(s) in the auction and go do other things... wouldnt need 2 PCs to do this.

basically could be possible that k2 would add this feature to the game, thinking that k2 is all the time going closer and closer to WoW style. lets think about it, theres gonna be a few new mage skills... blink and mana shield, woot, k2 didnt even bother to make up theyre own name for the 2 skills, straight from wow -.- in wow, blink teleports 20 yards forward, in KO will teleport in front of the enemy. mana shield absorbs damage, in wow its 2 mana / healthpoint absorbed if i remember correctly, might be more... in KO wil be 4 mana / healthpoint absorbed. also the mailing feature is added, not meaning to say its from WoW, also other games have it, but also K2 will add the feature to KO that u can send mails to ur friends, also u can send money / items if i remember correctly...

so K2 is stealing blizzards ideas :P hope they also steal the auction house- system....

sry for long post ppl :P i dont expect for many of u to read it all hahah....

It would save time of merchating when your out of money.
    But
    It will almost kill resell from game. Because you can see the cheapest item.
    Now you have to run merchants for hours and find good items for cheap.

idefix

Originally posted by Calwing
    It would save time of merchating when your out of money. *
    But
    It will almost kill resell from game. Because you can see the cheapest item.
    Now you have to run merchants for hours and find good items for cheap.
    true...but i rather "kill resell" than pay 10€ / month just to be able to login <_<

Servers will be still full, they are shouting in moradon for trades etc, and many ppl looking for items.

The_Dude

In fire drake you can rent items, for what its worth. I think it will be cool, you won't need to buy/trade all your items if you can just rent it.

"new"?

dude its just a copy paste from wow..

Originally posted by The_Dude
    In fire drake you can rent items, for what its worth. *I think it will be cool, you won't need to buy/trade all your items if you can just rent it.
    Yup, you can make more money out of rental then merchant.

like Raptor +6 ( for example ), lemme say you wanna merch it for 450 m ( dunno price) .
    But you can also rent it for 10m( 24hours). and after a while you'll get more money then 450

QuIcK

Originally posted by Flippy
    "new"?

dude its just a copy paste from wow..
    actually there are more mmos have used this b4 wow was ever thought of...

Tash

great idea getting bored of checkin all merchants :P should make exactly like wow. Buyout and bid ftw :lol:

idefix i dont think this will make less people buy premium. if anything ppl will buy more premium cause some ppl will want to keep up with the auctions.

Haxium

Originally posted by TripleOG4life
    idefix i dont think this will make less people buy premium. if anything ppl will buy more premium cause some ppl will want to keep up with the auctions.
    Yep, and ppl dont buy premium to merchant. They buy it because they wanna pk etc.
    Less ppl merchantin in moradon = less lagz = more fun at pk/war = more ppl goin there and stayin much more

SpaceFlower

the prob is just how the seller gets his money then, in WoW it worked fine coz theres the mailbox system... that'll also be in firedrake, so this would prolly work fine in Firedrake.
    easly: make npc, when u give bid, you place your money there, if u win your money is gone, but u have item, if not, money is still there

and i c/o should be hidden till end of auction because of fake offere etc

idefix

the prob is just how the seller gets his money then, in WoW it worked fine coz theres the mailbox system... that'll also be in firedrake, so this would prolly work fine in Firedrake.[/quote]

easly: make npc, when u give bid, you place your money there, if u win your money is gone, but u have item, if not, money is still there

and i c/o should be hidden till end of auction because of fake offere etc[/quote]

if u do fake offer then u lose ur money anyways, ofc. when u do bid, the auction guy would take the bid away from u and u get it back if some1 outbids you.

Yep, and ppl dont buy premium to merchant. They buy it because they wanna pk etc.
    Less ppl merchantin in moradon = less lagz = more fun at pk/war = more ppl goin there and stayin much more
    i never said people bought prem to merchant. what i said was that ppl buy prem coz 25% of the ppl online are afk merchant, meaning that if the merchant would be taken away, the 25% wouldnt need to be online, meaning that ppl get in more easily without premium.