Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

new maintanence

This is a discussion on new maintanence within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by phantomlink They have a fix for the hack method, would you rather they add it now, or ...
Page: 4

Senior Member devilscommandments's Avatar

Originally posted by phantomlink
    They have a fix for the hack method, would you rather they add it now, or during tonights maintanence?
    what was this new hack method ? i hear things about PB others say the NCS thing is back and some other people say it's NationXfers. :huh:

ahh i want to play the game!!!!

im soo impatient....

im soo impatient....

Originally posted by Greygoose

im soo impatient.... *
    spit somethin about the servers down and how impatient you're about it

Originally posted by Greygoose

im soo impatient.... *
    spit somethin about the servers down and how impatient you're about it

Here's the deal. When PunkBuster replaced HackShield, pretty much ALL hack tools worked again. PB only blocked KOXP i think but it was quickly updated to bypass it. All known game sniffers started to work.

There seems to be a flaw on how client/server works since u were allowed to change your accountid while already logged in, allowing u to load any char without knowing the password. U load your accountid, use this little program that let change the stuff u need and then u are into your victims account, being able to load his chars.

PB is partially guilty but the flaw is in the game itself, not PB. I just hope the patch actually fixes this problem and is not just a PB patch that blocks the program most hackers used, cause there are other programs that can do the same thing. If its just a PB update, its just a matter of bypassing it to have this problems again.

Here's the deal. When PunkBuster replaced HackShield, pretty much ALL hack tools worked again. PB only blocked KOXP i think but it was quickly updated to bypass it. All known game sniffers started to work.

There seems to be a flaw on how client/server works since u were allowed to change your accountid while already logged in, allowing u to load any char without knowing the password. U load your accountid, use this little program that let change the stuff u need and then u are into your victims account, being able to load his chars.

PB is partially guilty but the flaw is in the game itself, not PB. I just hope the patch actually fixes this problem and is not just a PB patch that blocks the program most hackers used, cause there are other programs that can do the same thing. If its just a PB update, its just a matter of bypassing it to have this problems again.

PeekaBooIseeU

thanks for the update!!!

PeekaBooIseeU

thanks for the update!!!

Originally posted by Devile

mmm shines some light on the issue. Kinda smart, how do people think of that stuff.

Originally posted by Devile

mmm shines some light on the issue. Kinda smart, how do people think of that stuff.

Banned

What if I traded all my items to a new priest I started about 2 - 3 days ago...and sold my old account....am I going to be royally fucked when the servers go up?

Banned

What if I traded all my items to a new priest I started about 2 - 3 days ago...and sold my old account....am I going to be royally fucked when the servers go up?

No cause there's a clear pattern in all these cases. They all have in common that a certain account loaded characters that arent in that account. Lets say:

Accountid "hacker1" has characters "h4x0r" and "dumbass" in diez. While the victim accountid "victim1" has "Hakan53_tr" and "_faaliyet_volcom".

GMs can easily know who to rollback cause they will see hacker1 loading "Hakan53_tr" and "_faaliyet_volcom". which aren't his chars. Checking for accounts that load chars that don't match is what they are doing, reason why this is taking so long. Besides they need to isolate ONLY those accounts and give them rollbacks, prolly make a dupe wipe after all is done and then a second rollback.

Now, how ppl figure this out? Well, since all those sniffers started to work again, it was a matter of time til someone figured this shit out. The PB was a very bad idea from the beggining. HS wasn't the best tool but there was not much info about it. There are millions of ways to bypass PB and they are all public. But even worse, nothing was needed since PB implementation blocked NOTHING. HS blocked drivers, known hacks, cheats, macro tools and pretty much any program that tried to inject anything into the game's memory space. PB blocks nothing.

Only good thing PB has done so far is just remove the horrible delay HS had on some PCs, thats all.

No cause there's a clear pattern in all these cases. They all have in common that a certain account loaded characters that arent in that account. Lets say:

Accountid "hacker1" has characters "h4x0r" and "dumbass" in diez. While the victim accountid "victim1" has "Hakan53_tr" and "_faaliyet_volcom".

GMs can easily know who to rollback cause they will see hacker1 loading "Hakan53_tr" and "_faaliyet_volcom". which aren't his chars. Checking for accounts that load chars that don't match is what they are doing, reason why this is taking so long. Besides they need to isolate ONLY those accounts and give them rollbacks, prolly make a dupe wipe after all is done and then a second rollback.

Now, how ppl figure this out? Well, since all those sniffers started to work again, it was a matter of time til someone figured this shit out. The PB was a very bad idea from the beggining. HS wasn't the best tool but there was not much info about it. There are millions of ways to bypass PB and they are all public. But even worse, nothing was needed since PB implementation blocked NOTHING. HS blocked drivers, known hacks, cheats, macro tools and pretty much any program that tried to inject anything into the game's memory space. PB blocks nothing.

Only good thing PB has done so far is just remove the horrible delay HS had on some PCs, thats all.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast