Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

New MMO

This is a discussion on New MMO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; oke, the other post is too sentimental What I want to know is what are the chances of the KO ...
Page: 1

NightOwl

Default New MMO

oke, the other post is too sentimental

What I want to know is what are the chances of the KO Community being able to gather around in a multiverse platform and design a MMO. Jess's idea btw (she said it in a "wouldn't this be nice"). But I think there are the human power and will to go forward. WHat do u guys think?

Senior Member devilscommandments's Avatar

mmo ?

NightOwl

Massive Multyplayer Online (can be a MMORPG, a MMOFPS, anything)

Senior Member devilscommandments's Avatar

you want us to create a new game ?

I_Am_On_Ares

2D? 3D? text based? pokemon style? what?

nhonami

The idea I had in mind is this

PVP: a modified version of KO's pvp
    Quest & Trade: Definately based on WoW

Other ideas include:
    a complex alliance system between races so that say if the elves get pissed off at the humans they could suddenly side with the dwarves and cut off all beer supply. haha

the ability to design custom armor and possibly weapons kind of like in www.there.com

Originally posted by nhonami
    The idea I had in mind is this

PVP: a modified version of KO's pvp
    Quest & Trade: Definately based on WoW

Other ideas include:
    a complex alliance system between races so that say if the elves get pissed off at the humans they could suddenly side with the dwarves and cut off all beer supply. *haha

the ability to design custom armor and possibly weapons kind of like in www.there.com
    Jess for teh admin!!1

nhonami

We would need all sorts of different talent if we really wanted to pull this off in style.

We would need programmers, 3d artists, writers, voice actors, probably some people who know a bit about business so that we could figure out a way that everyone involved would get their fair share of the profit.

JustAnotherSucker

Problem with an idea like this, is that you needed to have full time developers, not only speaking of code developers, but artists, level designers, history creators, etc...
    It's a huge team to gather up and most of us do something else in life (like working :P or studying)
    The idea sounds good, if we could do it in a GNU style (ppl contributing when possible, and for the community instead of theirselves)

JustAnotherSucker

Originally posted by nhonami
    We would need all sorts of different talent if we really wanted to pull this off in style. *

We would need programmers, 3d artists, writers, voice actors, probably some people who know a bit about business so that we could figure out a way that everyone involved would get their fair share of the profit.
    Great minds think alike

NightOwl

<====== Story Teller and Quest writer for all the races u want. Evil, Semi-Evil, Good, whatever.

Cava

tbh this kind of idea wil take years and i'm wondering if any of us wil still continue playing mmorpgs after, lets say 3years? :blink:

if u wanna make it i can help :P

NightOwl

not if u use an already designed game engine. Don't know how many are around, but many software houses have their own game engines and with a share of the profit, they won't make much fuss about lending it. And for a MMO, old Engines are welcome cause the last thing u want is a MMO that only leet computers can run.

JustAnotherSucker

Originally posted by Cava
    tbh this kind of idea wil take years and i'm wondering if any of us wil still continue playing mmorpgs after, lets say 3years? *:blink:
    If you were an hardcore gamer you wouldnt even consider making that question

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast