Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

New MMO

This is a discussion on New MMO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; u can still be sued cause of "Intelectual Property", cause ideas have copyright too U can't just make the same ...
Page: 3

NightOwl

u can still be sued cause of "Intelectual Property", cause ideas have copyright too U can't just make the same game with diferent game engine and hope the company that holds the original game won't make something about it.

I would personally insert a 3rd race in this game, all against one another with several castles that would make the diference of lvling spots and stuff (imagine, race A holds castle B, so they can farm mob X for as long they hold the castle)

Banned Senior Member

I cant code, do visual things, know sql, programming...... but you know I'd be here to help in any way possible

nhonami

Well the pvp system I have in mind is similar to that of KO, but in no way could it be considered a copy.

ub3rslart

how about we just make a new KO, NAKO (NorthAmericanKO)

More like ATKO(Anti Turk KO)

Anonymous

Keep from other games:

graphic, quest like wow
    grind, pvp like ko

Edit from other games:

wow talent system, where the points spented really do matter.. (ect holy priest heal, shadowpriest do dmg)
    ko style skill system THOUGH skills should be balanced or like sins spike hard.. but low hp.. and so on..(something like papermages shoudlnt be able to be made)

so, talent points.. skill points.. stat points and uhm..

should be a phantasy mmo.. and medievil age..

like in wow there should be ALOT(10-15 for each class/talent-tree) armors. though have to be easy to see what armor you have (like in ko)

and prolly most important..
    MOVEMENT.. ko-style (and jumping from wow)

I_Am_On_Ares

game is 2D. youre view is Looking down at youre char. move with youre mouse or W,A,S,D

2 sides. darkside VS lightside w/e

same old chars in all games but with a twist, (for some reason im thinking of pokemon)

Each element has the upper hand on another element but also weak to another element

warriors can have different weapons and the weapons have different element. a warriors element is based on his weapon
    (cannot switch weapons while in a combat)

Mages can be 1 of the elements earth,water,fire,air,electricity,ice

best mage attacks

earth mage = earthquake

watermage = hydropump

firemage = fire blast

airmage = storm

electricmage = thunderbolt

icemage = blizzard

Assasins

they have no element thus vounreble to everything, but they are fast and can stealth up

Archers

Same rule as warriors but with a bow. bows with different element does different range

priests

um crap no more ideas :P

is crap i know but im bored from homework

Originally posted by I_Am_On_Ares
    game is 2D. youre view is Looking down at youre char. move with youre mouse or W,A,S,D

2 sides. darkside VS lightside w/e

same old chars in all games but with a twist, (for some reason im thinking of pokemon)

Each element has the upper hand on another element but also weak to another element *

warriors can have different weapons and the weapons have different element. a warriors element is based on his weapon
    (cannot switch weapons while in a combat)

Mages can be 1 of the *elements earth,water,fire,air,electricity,ice *

best mage attacks

earth mage = earthquake

watermage = hydropump

firemage = fire blast

airmage = storm

electricmage = thunderbolt

icemage = blizzard

Assasins

they have no element thus vounreble to everything, but they are fast and can stealth up

Archers

Same rule as warriors but with a bow. bows with different element does different range

priests

um crap no more ideas :P

is crap i know but im bored from homework
    no offence but i really dont like the idea of that, its pokemon... which personally i was never a fan of. also i want something 3d. you cant really play something pvp as 2D cos it would be like playing bomber man ffs

and as for helping out with stuff, i could do a few voice overs for you and help out with some other stuff, point me in the right direction and ill build you a pyramid ! :P

Anonymous

Originally posted by Daz`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Daz`)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-I_Am_On_Ares

bla bla bla
    no offence but i really dont like the idea of that, its pokemon... which personally i was never a fan of. also i want something 3d. you cant really play something pvp as 2D cos it would be like playing bomber man ffs

and as for helping out with stuff, i could do a few voice overs for you and help out with some other stuff, point me in the right direction and ill build you a pyramid ! :P[/b]
    3d. 3rd person

btw where do you get that "hatching egg thing" ?

Originally posted by nhonami
    The idea I had in mind is this

PVP: a modified version of KO's pvp
    Quest & Trade: Definately based on WoW

Other ideas include:
    a complex alliance system between races so that say if the elves get pissed off at the humans they could suddenly side with the dwarves and cut off all beer supply. *haha

the ability to design custom armor and possibly weapons kind of like in www.there.com
    man.. KO is good enough, just needs few updates like Ice Age...
    all we need to do is get rid of the buggs/dupes/cheat and ofcourse the lazy company " K2 ".

there's only 1 thing to do !!! K2 must sell KO to Blizzard.
    becuz K2 ruins the fun of KO

NightOwl

The problem is that Noah Games isn't selling the game anymore. Otherwise, I wouldn't doubt the "good" KO community would already teamed up and made their own KO server. Honestly, I would play $10 every month to be able to play in a server where every cheater gets kicked, every duper gets pwned and where there are always the joy and fun of playing. I think KO is a very good and addictive game that simply ended in the hands of the wrong ppl (*dreams of a KO server managed by Devile, Madness, Jessica, NYChris and Festo)

Originally posted by KrepiN+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KrepiN)</div>
    Originally posted by Daz`@
    <!--QuoteBegin-I_Am_On_Ares

bla bla bla

and as for helping out with stuff, i could do a few voice overs for you and help out with some other stuff, point me in the right direction and ill build you a pyramid ! :P
    3d. 3rd person

btw where do you get that "hatching egg thing" ?[/b]
    just click on it

P.S GO JESS!!

Anonymous

Originally posted by NightOwl
    The problem is that Noah Games isn't selling the game anymore. Otherwise, I wouldn't doubt the "good" KO community would already teamed up and made their own KO server. Honestly, I would play $10 every month to be able to play in a server where every cheater gets kicked, every duper gets pwned and where there are always the joy and fun of playing. I think KO is a very good and addictive game that simply ended in the hands of the wrong ppl (*dreams of a KO server managed by Devile, Madness, Jessica, NYChris and Festo)
    they are not selling anymore ENGLISH ko's..

spanish ko with homemade english client would work ?

lol if that would work..., 1 problem we still have the gay lvling issues, but i figure if you could get hold of the whole thing then you could just change all the shit on it.

is it possible for the people who run it ,e.g k2, to make new quests, or is all that done by m-game or w/e

NightOwl

u hit another wall there. Unless the community comes out with some sort of "illegal" translation patch (as far as I know Devile is peruvian, so he could orientate something related to a Spanish KO) the English community would be severely cut down cause of language. But hey, maybe there is a chance that the owners of the spanish game may be uncareful and "inadvertly" release a translation patch, totally non-related with their company, cause they would "blame" the community for it

@Daz` - u can't add stuff to the game. What u can do is a PK orientated server where u get 50K per Deruvish (10 times the K2 xp) and u can lvl to 60 in 2-3 days

@Daz`2 - No, there isn't a Spanish KO... that was one of the possibilities to make a new KO server where the game owners could really create the cheat/dupe/asshole free environment everyone wants

PS: Back to the subject, making a new MMO cause KO sucks in PvE and in Quests.

theres a spanish ko already up? whats the website for it?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast