Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

New MMO

This is a discussion on New MMO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by NightOwl u hit another wall there. Unless the community comes out with some sort of "illegal" translation ...
Page: 4

Anonymous

Originally posted by NightOwl
    u hit another wall there. Unless the community comes out with some sort of "illegal" translation patch (as far as I know Devile is peruvian, so he could orientate something related to a Spanish KO) the English community would be severely cut down cause of language. But hey, maybe there is a chance that the owners of the spanish game may be uncareful and "inadvertly" release a translation patch, totally non-related with their company, cause they would "blame" the community for it

@Daz` - u can't add stuff to the game. What u can do is a PK orientated server where u get 50K per Deruvish (10 times the K2 xp) and u can lvl to 60 in 2-3 days

@Daz`2 - No, there isn't a Spanish KO... that was one of the possibilities to make a new KO server where the game owners could really create the cheat/dupe/asshole free environment everyone wants

PS: Back to the subject, making a new MMO cause KO sucks in PvE and in Quests.
    you can almost change the game completely without aprovement from mgames/noah.

Japanko have their own develpopers developing items and so, even making events where players design a weapon and send in, developers will then make the item for ingame, and add stats..

armor/weapon/char looks can be changed. you can change worlds add worlds.. but it require a full developing team

you guys are lookin at some serios work hours and costs. overall sounds like a good idea and i'll help however i can

NightOwl

Originally posted by KrepiN

you can almost change the game completely without aprovement from mgames/noah.

Japanko have their own develpopers developing items and so, even making events where players design a weapon and send in, developers will then make the item for ingame, and add stats..

armor/weapon/char looks can be changed. you can change worlds add worlds.. but it require a full developing team
    Shit, u mean Noah/Mgames sell the intelectual property?? Crazy babas ^_^ They just make money 1 time that way ^_^ They could make huge bucks selling new maps/skins/updates and stuff :rollseyes:

Rentzusuken

I could help with design and editing initially, networking and other things later.

yay for rent

I_Am_On_Ares

ah so u want 3d awell i guess i do too but its alot of work.

i can help with bugtesting :P oh and voice too

LiberAchi

Make a mmorpg with vampires, werewolves and shit like that.. Would attract alot of people

bleaF

Originally posted by Tristan
    Make a mmorpg with vampires, werewolves and shit like that.. Would attract alot of people
    im not allowed to play those kinda games for my mummy

i think having 3 races would be pretty cool, but i suggest those people who want to help go email jess in the link she posted, we need as many possible

Lawless

I used to be involved in "modding" certain games, we would kitbash a particular games engine, script it however we wanted, change models/sprites/animations and the completed version was free to DL and modify further however you choose. It quickly became a matter of who could create the best models, best scripting etc..... KO's basic design in terms of Pk is almost perfect, shouldnt be too difficult to build a totally new game based off it with enough of the right people working on it.

Nattefrost

KO is a perfect game imo... dont really get boring, exping is not that tought... (play Silkroad and compare that to KO.. youd wish silkroad was as easy as KO). Pvp is the best out of any game, merch syster is good too.

If only we can make a petition to any good publisher to buy out USKO.. im sure that with enough votes we can do something..

Hell, id pay 10 -20bucks a month to play a cheat free game as good as KO.

So, anyone think that setting up a "petition" to send to a good publisher to buy out USKO would work??

The_Dude

Make it like Dungeon Siege where there are no base classes. You choose your class based on what stat points you put where. Want to use swords and be a warrior? Put stat points in str. Want to use magic? Put stat points in magic.

That way if one gets bored as a certain player, they don't have to start all over and level a new one. They can just re-stat/re-skill. This would also cut down on the "YOU SCAMMED ME AFTER WE TRADED CHARACTERS! YOU STOLE MY CHARACTER!" crap.

priestish

ZZZzzz, damn I was design a MMO. I guess now I have to share of the love.

To fix one of the biggest problem in today's MMO is client side hax. Solution is to make the client side open source and allow any and all modification. So basicly it allows people to develop the client side so any extent. The server is responsiable to handle all states of the client side (by handle I mean those within reasonable range). Any states not within the range the client is booted. I am sure many questions like macroers and auto looters. Macroers are controlled by GM and activity logs. Autoloot is legal imo you should be rewarded for killing the mob. Think about it this way, in CZ when you kill someone you don't have to loot the body for coins.

Specs - I like GNU and with GNU means open platform
    GNU gcc - my favorite. I read the licence is it is very nice.
    Orge3d for graphics engine. It used it limited but it is easy to handle the api.
    Audio - no clue.
    Network code - I dont' have one yet, I am looking for simple packaged UDP support system. TCP is not good for fast paced games. Also some private/public key cryto is good.
    Database - I used MySQL and hated it. I tried berkeley db. Liked it but did not play with it too much. So if anything I would go with that.

Possible issues
    server hacking - really can't deal with this too much, but hopefully there are few enough holes in lunix and the server not to worry about this.
    SQL injection - I wont be dealing with SQL so this would not happen. But injection in general is easy to detect and fix.
    webserver hax - omg dude give better credit to me than K2.
    duping - There are so many ways this could happen it is not funny. No one solution fit all. This is heavily depended on the game and its implementation. Each item will be time stamped so it would make tracing easier.
    Gm power - GM jobs are to ensure that the players are having fun. So even if you crash the server but everyone had fun, then it is all good.

Any information about the RPG element is classified. I don't want to give out my idea openly.

nhonami

At this point in time, since the chosen platform is in closed beta, I forsee any work that goes into this project centered on planning.

Storylines, classes, races, etc etc *cough* name for the game *cough*
    An order in which parts of the game will be developled
    And we would need to develop the business aspects of the game. Ie: GM structure, how customer support might be handled, accountability for those people, etc etc

I am thinking about throwing up a forum for planning so that we do not become a bother on this one. I have to go to work in 45 minutes, so I dont anticipate posting too much after this.

*peace*

Originally posted by nhonami
    I dont think it would be wise to have any actual references to KO. *We wouldn't want to be penalized for copywright infringement.

And to be completely honest, there is nothing I hate more in gaming than KO's leveling system. *I got one character to 60 and feel no ambition to attempt to do more. *Its boring as hell. lol

+ fuking 1.5

the main thing a project like this needs is organization/ leadership/ focus. whos steps to the plate? (mind you, with sufficient knowledge of programming etc which i surely dont have :wacko: )

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast