Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

New MMO

This is a discussion on New MMO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by typ0+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(typ0)</div> <!--QuoteBegin-nhonami I dont think it would be wise to have any actual references to KO. ...
Page: 5

nhonami

Originally posted by typ0+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(typ0)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-nhonami
    I dont think it would be wise to have any actual references to KO. *We wouldn't want to be penalized for copywright infringement.

And to be completely honest, there is nothing I hate more in gaming than KO's leveling system. *I got one character to 60 and feel no ambition to attempt to do more. *Its boring as hell. lol

+ fuking 1.5

the main thing a project like this needs is organization/ leadership/ focus. whos steps to the plate? (mind you, with sufficient knowledge of programming etc which i surely dont have :wacko: )[/b]
    Surely you didnt think that I would suggest going into this without those aspects. If we wanted a game without organization, leadership, and focus, we could just play a K2 game.

Sorry.. :P

Anywho programming isnt the only talent required for this project. Heh... Tell me about any person in the world and I can tell you which qualities of theirs could be used to maximize the potential of this project.

Mental_Anguish

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC FOR THIS FORUM AND SHOULD BE REMOVED. DO YOUR JOBS MODS.

Banned

Originally posted by Mental_Anguish
    COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC FOR THIS FORUM AND SHOULD BE REMOVED. DO YOUR JOBS MODS.
    hah, like that will happen

Mental_Anguish

Like every forum, they dont really moderate it, unless they personally dislike something. But I am right this post does not belong here, and you all know I am right.

priestish

Originally posted by nhonami+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nhonami)</div>
    Originally posted by typ0@
    <!--QuoteBegin-nhonami

I dont think it would be wise to have any actual references to KO. *We wouldn't want to be penalized for copywright infringement.

And to be completely honest, there is nothing I hate more in gaming than KO's leveling system. *I got one character to 60 and feel no ambition to attempt to do more. *Its boring as hell. lol

+ fuking 1.5

the main thing a project like this needs is organization/ leadership/ focus. whos steps to the plate? (mind you, with sufficient knowledge of programming etc which i surely dont have :wacko: )
    Surely you didnt think that I would suggest going into this without those aspects. If we wanted a game without organization, leadership, and focus, we could just play a K2 game.

Sorry.. :P

Anywho programming isnt the only talent required for this project. Heh... Tell me about any person in the world and I can tell you which qualities of theirs could be used to maximize the potential of this project.[/b]
    I have seen projects die because of lack of programmers. Some of them have very interesting design. Yes programmers are not the most important but pretty high up there. And to make an MMO RPG require a pretty high end system or a very effectient codes. Those require good programmers. But for something like this, performence should not be a big focus. Even getting a player base of 20, i say is a good start.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

I think some more advandced pet system would be good for PK. Horses and stuff like this maybe. To make PK more interesting it would defenetly require more classes. About races i woulndt mind some trolls, dwarwes and even vampires ^_^ But i think 2 sides would be best, like good or evil, dark or light etc. I liked Lineage huge content, they had some legend or myth to evey thing u saw ingame. Dark and Light god system was fun also. And get dragons to KO! There were dragons in ice age but i think i was just some boss. As for crafting there should me a little more than just pot making. I think making ur own raptor isnt fun but atleast some jewlery, pots with different affects and so on.

i had a think last night and in my head ive come up with a char system, im even beginning to draw a map, once i have whole thing, ill mail it to jess and she can stick it with other peoples ideas that they might be sending in

priestish

Originally posted by Magyk
    I think some more advandced pet system would be good for PK. Horses and stuff like this maybe. To make PK more interesting it would defenetly require more classes. About races i woulndt mind some trolls, dwarwes and even vampires ^_^ *But i think 2 sides would be best, like good or evil, dark or light etc. I liked Lineage huge content, they had some legend or myth to evey thing u saw ingame. Dark and Light god system was fun also. And get dragons to KO! There were dragons in ice age but i think i was just some boss. As for crafting there should me a little more than just pot making. I think making ur own raptor isnt fun but atleast some jewlery, pots with different affects and so on.
    Pet system is very very very very hard to do unless you want a dumb AI like mobs. Actually I have an idea now... I think I will just have people write their own AI code for their pet. In another words have the AI done on the client side rather on the server side. By pets I am assuming mobs like entity that attack foes not friends. Another "pet" are like "buff pets" which gives you stat bonus or special abilities. This is not hard to do. It is in a same way act like equipments.

Classes is the most undefined word ever. Don't think having more class is better or more fun. Don't think having more races is better or more fun. And looks don't matter. Classes are more closely linked to skills and attributes. In KE there are transformation scrolls which you play with for your pleasure.

Light and dark are one of most over used themes ever. They are not bad but over used. I don't want a rpg bounded by that idea.

Once the mob syster set up, adding more mobs is very very easy. Having theme boss are cool. To have cool bosses or to fight very challenging bosses for the first time, imo, that is the job of the GM. To promote fun.

KE has a pretty good crafting system. Upgradable items 1 to 10 with element or reduce. Compounding 3to1 jewels levels 5 to 15. Pot making.

priestish, i suggest you get in contact with jess if you havent already done so, if we can get this shite to work, even if it takes a while, it would be worth it

priestish

Originally posted by Daz`
    priestish, i suggest you get in contact with jess if you havent already done so, if we can get this shite to work, even if it takes a while, it would be worth it
    She is sleeping atm. If you have any question or ideas that like to share post them here so it is conside public ideas and thus we can use it as common knowledge.

If you have questions about security or network ask devile because I am still learning about that stuff.

KirbyKommando

I haven't read any of this , but the reason why ko is so god damn fun is cuz its so simple .. please drop the pets .. horses .. whatever you had in mind.

Be sure to have an upgrading system like KO , cuz thats what makes ko about the only MMO where ppl dont all have the same gear.

Make sure something like comboing is in the game .. so ppl can actually think they can become skilled in the game.

Make sure ppl can't craft too much cuz u know ... everyone will have same gear ..

Don't do too much quests plz cuz that's what sepperates the hardcore ppl from the not hardcore ppl in this game ...

Anyway .. it's a pretty stupid idea that has 95% of failing , just buy KO and start your own company , make a turkish only server and an english speaking only server ... alot of ppl will come

priestish.. im allready in contact with her, just drop her a mail and she will get back to you, also she isnt sleeping... shes at work

dah

Originally posted by I_Am_On_Ares
    2D? 3D? text based? pokemon style? what?
    The pokemon MMORPG was Skitz's idea long ago before he got scammed by gillette. Lots agreed to it nothing happened.

But i say, Build it.. Build a Pokemon based MMORPG.

bleh, pokemon, bleh,

i want to be the char doing all the fighting, not have some little pet do it, the key aspect to this whole thing is a ko like pvp system and a wow trading system (auction house)

if someone wants to make a pokemon one, goodluck to them, andi would certainly try it out, maybe im wrong, maybe it would be fun, but its not something which makes me enthusiastic

Default ....

make it simple!
    leave ko just like this or put the"ice age" patch
    then open a server w you can play whit users of jpko and myko! i think they are trying to do some c of even but thats a litle hard now becouse we all have diferent patches and like in jpko they have red and black armor and have shotguns 0.o
    oooo and lvl 80´s too.
    on myko alote of 70 almoust no np´s and they just inplement. shell and some neck.ss that we have for ages!
    btw they dont know how to play whit alote of people cose there server´s are enpty! :P

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast