Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

New MMO

This is a discussion on New MMO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Keep in mind this will cost a couple $$$$...
Page: 6

Banned

Keep in mind this will cost a couple $$$$

yeah, i think thats on the list of things to think about already zakari :P <3 u

Malavon

Originally posted by Cava
    tbh this kind of idea wil take years and i'm wondering if any of us wil still continue playing mmorpgs after, lets say 3years? *:blink:

it's better then so called "real life" , why sh ould we quit it ? let's replace it and die as addicts hehe :P

no i'm not gonna quit soon.

priestish

Originally posted by KirbyKommando
    I haven't read any of this , but the reason why ko is so god damn fun is cuz its so simple .. please drop the pets .. horses .. whatever you had in mind.

Be sure to have an upgrading system like KO , cuz thats what makes ko about the only MMO where ppl dont all have the same gear.

Make sure something like comboing is in the game .. so ppl can actually think they can become skilled in the game.

Make sure ppl can't craft too much cuz u know ... everyone will have same gear ..

Don't do too much quests plz cuz that's what sepperates the hardcore ppl from the not hardcore ppl in this game ...

Anyway .. it's a pretty stupid idea that has 95% of failing , just buy KO and start your own company , make a turkish only server and an english speaking only server ... alot of ppl will come
    I think KE is more fun than WOW or many other games because of the action and the FPS speed PK system. I have to say that comboing is fun, really fun. Though i doubt that is what the developers had in mind from the first place. I am not sure how it works but it think it is the lack of server side check of the animation cancel on the client side, I might be wrong no idea.

Craft is the art of taking shitty stuff and making it better. I have yet to meet a system that does the opposite. Completing a quest and getting a crappy weapon after spending money for more than it is worth does not count. Craft IMO should help reduce the items in the game, aka things need to break. Or make crafting so expansive that it is very rare to craft. Either way might be fun, or combination of both.

Oh, I hate crafting skill points. It is not fun. It is like a treadmill that makes you fatter.

Here is an concept that is a must in my MMORPG. The idea is call "cycle". Think of it as water mill. Everytime it spins it pick up water. These waters are different for every cycle never the same atom. But in the end, it is still water. In another words, add new skills/items and prevent adding old items. Now this is different from expansion sets. Expansion sets expands the game but generally keeps the original for backwards compatibility. In KE terms, is like no more droping DD helm, but now drop DD gauntlets. So if you play for a long time, you get both DD help and DD gauntlets.

There is no fun in buying KE from their developer.

yeah... creating a new mmo is the way to go

priestish

Originally posted by Zaraki
    Keep in mind this will cost a couple $$$$
    I can a run 32 player CS:Source server over a 256kbps upload with people average 10-20 ping.
    I am sure many people have faster system than I do. Also never underestimate the power of a dedicated linux machine.

LOL my post could doubled after this thread.
    I really perfer not to spam this KE chat with non ke stuff. So I am not going to post this thread any more.
    I am off to sleep, talk to you later.

ya, also thats why we need to make a new mmo, a while back i had a ko server running on my machine, and i investigated into the realms of putting it onto linux, ko doesnt currently have a program that can run on linux. even so, a new mmo will be more fun anyway :wub: :wub:

priestish

Originally posted by Daz`
    ya, also thats why we need to make a new mmo, a while back i had a ko server running on my machine, and i investigated into the realms of putting it onto linux, ko doesnt currently have a program that can run on linux. even so, a new mmo will be more fun anyway :wub: *:wub:
    The odds are the KO server will run on linux is closer to 0% than any number not zero. They need to port SQL, from my memory that is a microsoft thing.
    And the client runs on directX which is a MS thing again. Makes me wonder if KE was made with MS Visual Studio.

i figure that if we make a new mmo and run in on linux : fedora or something it will be more secure, especially if we can get someone who knows what they are doing with linux to mod it a bit and make it even more secure

Rizzla

Having ideas for an MMO is good, but it will take alot of time and money. And i have been involved in a beginning of an MMO before so i know the excitement of talking about chars, quests, layout and knowing then that you will make an MMO accoarding to how you want it instead of playing something bad because there arent any good MMO's out there.

But like many others that have had alot of ideas and good equipment for really making it it just ran out in the sand.

I like the enthusiasm, but it takes more then that to make it. Not taking anything away from you, just hopeing you realize that it takes time.

Im all for a Player created MMO, because it's the players that play the game and know how they want it, if it was good players of this community that ran KE it would be so much better, but then again, i think even my grandmother would run KE better then K2.

And for the fun of it i can help with quests/storyline if you want!

JustAnotherSucker

Originally posted by priestish+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priestish)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Daz`
    ya, also thats why we need to make a new mmo, a while back i had a ko server running on my machine, and i investigated into the realms of putting it onto linux, ko doesnt currently have a program that can run on linux. even so, a new mmo will be more fun anyway :wub: *:wub:
    The odds are the KO server will run on linux is closer to 0% than any number not zero. They need to port SQL, from my memory that is a microsoft thing.
    And the client runs on directX which is a MS thing again. Makes me wonder if KE was made with MS Visual Studio.[/b]
    First SQL doesnt men by any chance Micro$oft, Oracle is the best realational DB outhere and runs best on Linux/Unix
    Again having the client side running directX doesnt mean the server has to be in windows...
    I'm sending Jess an email, maybe I can be of some assistance if this goes further

nhonami

I am going to try and get a forum up and running for planning this, for many reasons, including the one that the planning and etc is mostly offtopic for this forum.

I happen to work with someone who has passed her bar exam, so I am going to enlist her help in creating a confidentiality agreement (amongst other things).

So, having said all that, If you're serious about working on the project, Now is a good time to stop putting details out for the public eye. Good ideas are often stolen, lets not have ours taken before we can proceed with it.

Another note, if you're queasy about the idea of signing a Confidentiality Agreement or some sort of Copywright agreement, do not offer your services. When I finish the forum, Ill post the link on this thread and request that the thread be locked. I dont want to get in trouble with the mods.

Nhonami

nhonami

Actually, Second thought... I will send those who have contacted me via email the link to the forum (for security purposes). [email protected]

SaTaN

Im just wondering who is gunna fund this game. There's more to making a game then just ideas. TONS of business and copyright acts to go through. There's lisencing the game itself in order to even have it on net, and going through each aspects of the game so you don't copy something from another game and end up broke because your getting sued. All of this, plus the time and effort involved, i highly doult this game will be made at all. Like its good to think of this and all but you need a full time staff of over 300 people plus paying them to do this so the game doesnt take over 10 years to create, i see this as just a dream. I wish you good luck in doing this :wub:

priestish

Originally posted by SaTaN
    Im just wondering who is gunna fund this game. There's more to making a game then just ideas. TONS of business and copyright acts to go through. There's lisencing the game itself in order to even have it on net, and going through each aspects of the game so you don't copy something from another game and end up broke because your getting sued. All of this, plus the time and effort involved, i highly doult this game will be made at all. Like its good to think of this and all but you need a full time staff of over 300 people plus paying them to do this so the game doesnt take over 10 years to create, i see this as just a dream. I wish you good luck in doing this :wub:
    Phase 1: design and implantmentation probably be our free time. We will get 50-70% of the features down.
    Phase 2: alpha testing. Hopefully some of us can host the server with their bandwidth. Donation is excepted. Expected average player on at any given time is 40-50.
    Phase 3: if we reach here, "beta testing" with 90% or more of the game features inplace. Those who donate will be given bonuses in game. At this stage, the game has value.
    Phase 4: At this point, we will focus on expanding the community base. Getting 100 or even 1000+ members.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast