Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

new name change policys | PaperRaper needs YOUR support!

This is a discussion on new name change policys | PaperRaper needs YOUR support! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; your so dumb cama. the risk he took when he named that char was that it might be changed by ...
Page: 2

wraith86

your so dumb cama. the risk he took when he named that char was that it might be changed by a GM which is obviously better to him than getting banned. and this is completely stupid

Originally posted by camaz0tz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(camaz0tz)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-_CAP_
    well the rule regrading names use to be that the gm just changes it.
    theyre just skipping a step

heres how it WOULD go:
    gm sees bad name or bad name is reported
    gm changes it to "Name Change By Gm ####" < replace #### with whatever numbered person u are to get ur name changed
    person then bitches that his name was changed to something so retarded
    k2 says "tough luck by a name change if u want to change it OR dont make ur name something bad to begin with"
    person says "FUCK K2 GREEDY BITCHES JUST WANT MY MONEY"

heres how it IS:
    gm sees bad name
    gm bans
    person bitches
    k2 says tough luck buy a name change if u wanna be unbanned or forget about ur account and stay banned for namnig urself something bad

as u can see the result is the same...just different way to getting there[/b]

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by wraith86+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wraith86)</div>
    your so dumb cama. the risk he took when he named that char was that it might be changed by a GM which is obviously better to him than getting banned. and this is completely stupid

Originally posted by camaz0tz@
    <!--QuoteBegin-_CAP_

well the rule regrading names use to be that the gm just changes it.

theyre just skipping a step

heres how it WOULD go:
    gm sees bad name or bad name is reported
    gm changes it to "Name Change By Gm ####" < replace #### with whatever numbered person u are to get ur name changed
    person then bitches that his name was changed to something so retarded
    k2 says "tough luck by a name change if u want to change it OR dont make ur name something bad to begin with"

heres how it IS:
    gm sees bad name
    gm bans
    person bitches
    k2 says tough luck buy a name change if u wanna be unbanned or forget about ur account and stay banned for namnig urself something bad

as u can see the result is the same...just different way to getting there
    [/b]
    actually its not stupid...maybe for u cuz u dont wanna look like an idiot...but its actually truth thats eben seen on these forums with this very post lol

no the risk was that he shouldnt have been able to obtain his account to begin with:
    To obtain an Account, you will be required to choose a user name which will comply with the naming conventions listed below. You are encouraged to use a pseudonym or gibberish, especially if you are a minor. User names shall not: (1) contain names that are associated with K2 Network, its affiliates or employees; (2) contain swear words or derogatory remarks in any language; (3) infringe on the rights of another living person or entity; (4) contain names of celebrities or media personalities; (5) violate anyone's trademarks, publicity rights or other proprietary rights; (6) be associated with any religion, religious practice or deity; (7) be related to alcohol, illegal substances, sex or any criminal activity; (8) [be a partial or complete sentence]; (9) contain leet speak; (10) contain titles or rank (i.e. king, general, duke, etc.); and (11) utilize a misspelling or other tool or method to circumvent the naming restrictions herein.

that never mentions how theyll deal with it if u dont follow that it just says ur name should not be any of of those...he broke that so what they do with it is their discretion
    any notices made my the gm staff regarding this situation is an official update to their policies about the situation...they mentioned theyd start banning then guess what? its now been changed to banning, either go buy a name change scroll or say bye to ur account...its ur fault not theirs the only reason u want to twist it to their fault is because of all the other bad things k2 has done u might as well throw this in the pile...well unfortunately its ur fault if u get banned for this so stop whining and suck it up like a man instead of trying to pass the buck like a snivling little pussy

xAraChNiDx

lol, cama is right.

Stop bitching about perceived indiscretions by the k2 network, there's plenty of genuine indiscretions to worry about.

wraith86

cama they said inappropriate names will be changed by a GM. what dont you understand about that? why are you pulling out a rediculous list of what cant be in someones name (leet speak? contain titles or rank? be a partial or complete sentence?) seriously wtf is that? why are you trying to defend K2 when they are blackmailing players for money? all K2 does is lie and scam.. it seems your no better than them.

Originally posted by wraith86
    cama they said inappropriate names will be changed by a GM. what dont you understand about that? why are you pulling out a rediculous list of what cant be in someones name (leet speak? contain titles or rank? be a partial or complete sentence?) seriously wtf is that? why are you trying to defend K2 when they are blackmailing players for money? all K2 does is lie and scam.. it seems your no better than them.
    and it seems ur an idiot like the rest of the forum

u want a reason to bitch at k2? then get a real reason...here ill even supply some: rampant duping, db hacking, and corrupted gm's

now heres a question for u

what dont u understand about this?(u can stop reading after the bold as that all ull really need to understand the situation if u have SOME intelligence)

Date: 12.13.2006 Subject: Character Name Policy Change

Dear Knight Online Players,

In our efforts to keep Knight Online World a clean and fun place to play, we will be terminating the accounts of players who have given their characters inappropriate names. Giving your character an inappropriate name such as the examples below can be often seen as offensive to other players and is in violation of our Terms of Service agreement.

The account termination will begin January 1st, 2007, so if you have a character that possesses a name that could be seen as inappropriate or offensive, please change this name by Dec 31st 2006. These Account terminations are permanent.

To help you determine whether your names are appropriate or not, we have provided you with a guideline below. Your Character, Clan and Forum names must all be in accordance with this guideline.

· Names related to sexual orientation in a negative fashion
    · Names that are obscene or vulgar in any language
    · Names related to a major religion or a religious figure in a negative fashion
    · Names related to illegal substances
    · Names that are similar to trademarked or copyrighted products or services
    · Names associated with K2 Network or its employees

Please note that there may be additional inappropriate names that do not fit into any of these categories, so please use good judgments when making this determination. If there is any doubt about the appropriateness of your name, just change it to ensure your account remains active. You can change your name by purchasing a name change scroll from the Power Up Store. We reserve the right to evaluate each name on a case by case basis.

Thanks for helping us continue to make Knight Online a popular place to play!

-The Knight Online Team

link to that: http://knightonlineworld.com/news.php?n=1&id=118

xAraChNiDx

Wraith the problem is, k2 isn't really being inconsistent.

K2 has never under their rules allowed such names, all they have changed is the punishment, which they are perfectly at liberty to do.

from a players perspective this has changed the equation thus, the worst that could happen is their name could be changed(a risk they are willing to take), to they will lose their account completely( a risk they aren't willing to take), frankly they took a risk to start with, perhaps the problem with innapropriate names has become so large simply changing them has become like putting a bandaid on a severed limb so they have come to the conclusion that some stronger action is required.

If i'm not mistaken though, this is not the first time k2 has done this so it should not come as a suprise, if im not mistaken some time back k2 banned all accounts with names that included a turkish y, and that wasn't even in their policy.

For people like paper raper this decision may suck but you have to look at it from the greater good perspective, k2 is making an effort to clean up the game and there's plenty of names out there which are far more offensive, but in order to remove them they need to take a hardline approach or they'll be dealing with a thousand cs tickets of "my name isnt as offensive as ... and he is not banned"

at the end of the day, k2 isn't forcing anyone to change their names, they are perfectly at liberty to keep their name as is, but same as before they risk punishment for their continued diregard for the rules.

Just because that punishment has changed is neither here nor there.

It is the individual who created the name, and they have the ability/ responsibility to see to it that it falls within the rules of the game.

wraith86

omfg cama are you blind? theres always topics about rampant duping DB hacking etc. the only reason they are doing this is to make some more cash and you damn well know it. i know they changed the policy but your not understanding me, they are blackmailing people for money and need to be stopped. stop defending them.

wraith86

xAraChNiDx refer to my above post

xAraChNiDx

you need to open the other eye and look at the problem from k2's perspective. This may not be the biggest problem in the game, and there's plenty of others which should certainly receive higher proiority, but since when has k2 shown any sense of priority, I remember k2 taking the servers down for 18 hours and when they came back up all they had changed was the font (which i may add they changed back a week later)

you are only looking at it from the perspective of the guy who has to once again dig into his pockets to pay for a ncs.

i have no problem with k2 banning people for innapropriate names. i may be blind, but at least my brain is working, i can at least see the bigger picture here. just because it isnt the biggest problem in the game, doesn't mean it doesnt need fixing.

wraith86

i totally agree with you arachnid, but we all know what K2 is doing is wrong and shouldnt even be considered on the list of things to do with the state KO is in right now. hopefully someone can stop them and put those money hungry fucks in the right direction to actually running a game and not an online scam.

omfg cama are you blind? theres always topics about rampant duping DB hacking etc. the only reason they are doing this is to make some more cash and you damn well know it. i know they changed the policy but your not understanding me, they are blackmailing people for money and need to be stopped. stop defending them.
    Actually I believe the reason is because of some threats they had been recieving on official forums. Couple ppl kept complaining, and threatening court action to make the game Rated Adult. Losing Teen rating is NOT something K2 is prepared to do.

wraith86

you know what? screw my post it isnt going to change anything. K2 shouldve been shutdown a long time ago and thats that.

i had hope for u being somewhat smart...arrogant but somewhat smart...now i just see ur another idiot

they arent blackmailing u to spend money...on the contrary theyre warning u so u dont have to spend money..u can spend igc if u act fast...for those who continue to ignore their rules will have to spend 20$ if they wish to be unbanned but that will be their choice not k2's

im not defending k2...im defending the intelligence of humanity against the idiots in this post

Originally posted by camaz0tz

To help you determine whether your names are appropriate or not, we have provided you with a guideline below. Your Character, Clan and Forum names must all be in accordance with this guideline.

Please note that there may be additional inappropriate names that do not fit into any of these categories, so please use good judgments when making this determination. If there is any doubt about the appropriateness of your name, just change it to ensure your account remains active. You can change your name by purchasing a name change scroll from the Power Up Store. We reserve the right to evaluate each name on a case by case basis.

-The Knight Online Team

link to that:http://knightonlineworld.com/news.php?n=1&id=118
    Lol i like how on the examples above they did not allow it if it was "in a negative fashion" but on the ones pertaining to K2 / employees, they didn't even say in a negative fashion bcuz they realized it would automatically be bad.. See even they understand what is happening to their game :wub:

Originally posted by Majix+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Majix)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-camaz0tz

-The Knight Online Team

link to that:http://knightonlineworld.com/news.php?n=1&id=118
    Lol i like how on the examples above they did not allow it if it was "in a negative fashion" but on the ones pertaining to K2 / employees, they didn't even say in a negative fashion bcuz they realized it would automatically be bad.. See even they understand what is happening to their game :wub:[/b]
    not necesarily(sp?) that also includes peolpe pretending to be gm's etc

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast