Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

New Premium Idea, We'll see, **JUST AN IDEA**

This is a discussion on New Premium Idea, We'll see, **JUST AN IDEA** within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Rentzusuken+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rentzusuken)</div> <!--QuoteBegin-Infinitemadness Ahh priestish, it wasnt Drama. But thanks for the tear! Priestish is correct, that ...
Page: 15

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

Originally posted by Rentzusuken+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rentzusuken)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Infinitemadness
    Ahh priestish, it wasnt Drama. But thanks for the tear!
    Priestish is correct, that post is just drama. Not "baby-mama drama", but "romeo, romeo, wherefore art thou romeo?" drama. You may not even be aware of it, but you are using misdirection. Sure someone's being raped not even five feet away from us, but look at this cute little bunny! :rollseyes:

As you began this thread, you mentioned people hitting the XP cap and thus no longer needing the XP boost granted by the Gold level of premium. You then provided a case that although the zenith of XPing has been reached, there may still be more to be done within the game. You use this reasoning to launch a discussion on ways that K2 can provide "more" in order to keep people paying more, i.e. invest in gold premium instead of dropping to silver or bronze or even dumping premium all together. As I said in my previous post, it is about diminishing returns. Somewhere along the line you were made aware of people hitting the 70 cap and no longer investing in gold premium and it got the "creativity juices" flowing for you and here we find ourselves today.

The post that Priestish called Drama essentially states "we know there are problems and that the customers want X, Y, and Z, but let's move beyond that and see what else you want". It was a heart-rending story about hard work done in the past(you), a splash of tragedy(devile), and even the "good guy" getting kicked yet perservering(you again)...but of course the bad guy(James) gets it in the end. Bravo. If only it had a catchy phrase, it could have beaten Brokeback Mountain at the awards ceremonies. Perhaps it could use a line from the movie and we just apply it to the game: "I wish I could quit you".

Your point for this thread is obviously to gain investors into your gold premium offering. You mentioned marketing and a business standpoint in your post and expect people not to pick up on that? Sure, some of us have "picked up on what you wanted to achieve", and it's those of us who see this as an opportunity to generate more money. Whether you know that's how this post is geared or not does not matter; it is what it is. It's certainly nice of you to step forward and ask the customers what "extras" they want for their service, but don't expect the reception to be all flowers if you can't even deliver the basics of said service. Who cares about extra KC or upgrade scrolls or abyss gems if you don't get an answer about a hacked account? Who cares about not losing any percentage of XP when others macro entire levels without recourse? Who cares about increased upgrade percentage when dupers have 100% chances of getting their desired items?

Adding new benefits to premium may give you a slight boost in sales initially, but it will not continue over time. Then again, that's all K2 has really cared about anyways, isn't it? Pardon me, I had forgotten, they do their damndest to keep the cheaters that pay for premium.[/b]
    urm for the whole post i'm just curious about 1 thing.

why the fuck did you watch brokeback mountain for h43r:

Rentzusuken

Since when do you have to watch something to know a line from it? I don't watch TV but know about a "smelly cat" song on the show Friends. What bearing does this have on what I wrote?

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by SotongPoo

urm for the whole post i'm just curious about 1 thing.

why the fuck did you watch brokeback mountain for *h43r:
    cuz rents gay :P it even says so in his sig :wub:

Terrorblade

i think that 70's need something new to challenge like new quests, dungeons, hard-to-kill mobs.... and rewards for it like new uniqes or those which are not so accesible (FT items).

and yes, the difference between premiums should be deeper.
    What about adding random high class item? or maybe 3x special things(non traded) with go-and-change efect like abysses have, wich can give you this random high class weapon?
    or something like abysses or lotto's, it was posted here somewhere already i know
    next good step could be more kc
    5000+ waters of favours and souls

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

Originally posted by Rentzusuken
    Since when do you have to watch something to know a line from it? *I don't watch TV but know about a "smelly cat" song on the show Friends. *What bearing does this have on what I wrote?
    well ofc its normal for a person to learn a line from a show after watching it :P but ok, if u didn't watch it :wub:

Originally posted by Infinitemadness+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinitemadness)</div>
    Originally posted by lutz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lutz)
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-lutz

NO
    NO
    NO
    NO
    PLEASE NO

TOO MANY +8 AGAS ALREADY

Again, replace +8 scroll with, say 30 abyss gems. Just something more. Im just looking for suggestions.
    Not offending you, just you picked the wrong item to use as an example. 30 Abyss Gems, to people, would generally be useless, so maybe pick, like 50 blessed upgrade scrolls - those are hard as hell to get now with these prices. Or, maybe, you could try like a random unique jewelery, because those are in high demand... maybe like 1/100 chance to get RoC while 50/100 chance to get, say, a +9 strength or +9 HP ring.[/b]
    Sounds like your starting to get my point Thanks for posting.[/b][/quote]
    Many people would piss over this idea because if someone gets a RoC and another person gets a +9 Intel ring..and they both payed 25 bucks for the same premium..one would be really pissed.

I still <3 you madness for getting my char back.

Originally posted by Terrorblade
    i think that 70's need something new to challenge like new quests, dungeons, hard-to-kill mobs.... and rewards for it like new uniqes or those which are not so accesible (FT items).

and yes, the difference between premiums should be deeper. *
    What about adding random high class item? or maybe 3x special things(non traded) with go-and-change efect like abysses have, wich can give you this random high class weapon?
    or something like abysses or lotto's, it was posted here somewhere already i know
    So macroers on Cypher/Olympia/Edana/Other servers with macro'ed 70's can be richer and they can laugh at the legit lower lvls?

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Terrorblade

and yes, the difference between premiums should be deeper. *
    If you think that, I think you would be happier playing WoW. KO is about kickass PK, nothing more and nothing less. Attempting to add anything like this will totally screw it.

Hostage

Heres your solution.

/quit

lock thread plz

And yeah, after buying gold prem for almost 2 years. I've stopped. You know why? Because premium or not, I get an extra $25 a month I can waste on candy. It's 10x more enjoyable than a trina piece. :lol:

Terrorblade

hm i just wanted to post my vision, accpet it. Anyway i know that this game is based on pk pk but it doesn't mean that you can get better quests. Oh and i played Wow and i really dont like it cause of poor PvP system. If this game is mainly pk game it doesn't mean that we can get some gooh system from others...

I know that it will make difference between players on lower and higher levels, it was just an idea, but if you try it, you will figured it out. Maybe like different quests with similar rewards for lower players...

Originally posted by dboom

2)Adding another method for buying KC besides PayPal, coz PP is not available in most countries.

agreed.. make some game cards like the ones WoW sells in your local gaming store!
    so people like me with no CC can get prem....just an idea

and with this +8 scroll stuff, you say it will help but it will only give a bigger advantage to dupers or people like KoM, who would just dupe the +8 scroll and have a ton of LEGIT pimped out gear while before there was a slim chance their stuff wuold be wiped, while other people would have to pay 7 months of gold prem to get their stuff, having it be +8 would also cause the market to crash on armors and weapons and cause uniques to go up even higher in price, imo +8 scrolls are a bad idea, maybe +7 would work

Infinitemadness

Originally posted by Rentzusuken+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rentzusuken)</div>
    Ahh priestish, it wasnt Drama. But thanks for the tear!
    Priestish is correct, that post is just drama. Not "baby-mama drama", but "romeo, romeo, wherefore art thou romeo?" drama. You may not even be aware of it, but you are using misdirection. Sure someone's being raped not even five feet away from us, but look at this cute little bunny! :rollseyes:

As you began this thread, you mentioned people hitting the XP cap and thus no longer needing the XP boost granted by the Gold level of premium. You then provided a case that although the zenith of XPing has been reached, there may still be more to be done within the game. You use this reasoning to launch a discussion on ways that K2 can provide "more" in order to keep people paying more, i.e. invest in gold premium instead of dropping to silver or bronze or even dumping premium all together. As I said in my previous post, it is about diminishing returns. Somewhere along the line you were made aware of people hitting the 70 cap and no longer investing in gold premium and it got the "creativity juices" flowing for you and here we find ourselves today.

The post that Priestish called Drama essentially states "we know there are problems and that the customers want X, Y, and Z, but let's move beyond that and see what else you want". It was a heart-rending story about hard work done in the past(you), a splash of tragedy(devile), and even the "good guy" getting kicked yet perservering(you again)...but of course the bad guy(James) gets it in the end. Bravo. If only it had a catchy phrase, it could have beaten Brokeback Mountain at the awards ceremonies. Perhaps it could use a line from the movie and we just apply it to the game: "I wish I could quit you".

Your point for this thread is obviously to gain investors into your gold premium offering. You mentioned marketing and a business standpoint in your post and expect people not to pick up on that? Sure, some of us have "picked up on what you wanted to achieve", and it's those of us who see this as an opportunity to generate more money. Whether you know that's how this post is geared or not does not matter; it is what it is. It's certainly nice of you to step forward and ask the customers what "extras" they want for their service, but don't expect the reception to be all flowers if you can't even deliver the basics of said service. Who cares about extra KC or upgrade scrolls or abyss gems if you don't get an answer about a hacked account? Who cares about not losing any percentage of XP when others macro entire levels without recourse? Who cares about increased upgrade percentage when dupers have 100% chances of getting their desired items?

Adding new benefits to premium may give you a slight boost in sales initially, but it will not continue over time. Then again, that's all K2 has really cared about anyways, isn't it? Pardon me, I had forgotten, they do their damndest to keep the cheaters that pay for premium.[/b]
    So what your saying is, no matter what I say, Im still the bad guy. Thanks. I'll remember that. Because it doesnt matter what I say or do, or whatever, your still going to see me as the enemy. Awesome. That makes complete sense, right? Why do I bother? I should do my status quo, not try to go above and beyond, only to have people to complain about it. What other way can I say this? I cannot perform miracles. Stop thinking that "I" can. I can only do so much. We, you and I, dont live in Oz. Come back home Dorothy. /endrant and drama, I really need a popcorn award for best kiss. Right?

Amine

Since u wont be able to trade those scrolls, How the fuck u want to dupe them then ? :rollseyes: -_- :blink:

Dr4g0n

How about fixing the rest of the ingame issues that have existed since Ko?
    Before we move onto anything else.
    Ft still down
    Eslant still a mess
    ect...

kin

finally read through all 13 pages and every single post...here's my 2 cent if anyone cares...

Soul Binding Items - after playing WoW for a year and quitting due to the fact that all you do at max lvl is doing the same instances over and over for 1 god damn drop, i can say that soul bound is gay...it's true that it will drastically reduce the # of hack account if everyone has their items soul bound...however, think of the market...item price will sky rocket due to the amount of items that are NOT soul bound...pretty hard to make money if you can't sell your old gear to buy new gear...so only thing you can do with old gear is npc them...if you went from MD +8 to shard +8...who the hell want to npc the MD just cause it was soul bound..?
    dupers will still be able to dupe non-bounded items to make money and it all will get wipe even if it is bounded...
    so only way to get items if soul binding is implemented is to farm yourself or pay outrageous price for the item...

How bout making a statement to K2 by not buying prem at all!!!!! K2 will finally see that KE is a good investment and should keep their paying customer happy by paying more attention to our needs so we can stop making suggestion like soul binding items... :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Higher KC along with gold prem - don't think so...K2 will lose money due to less people buying KC since they can get all they need from gold prem...2000hp buff scroll and 400ac scroll abolish the need for lvl 70 buffer...

maybe decrease repair and pot price instead as suggested by Devile...priest can make hp pots...but those damn soul pots gets rather expensive for PK and XP...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having +8 scrolls - gg and good bye...will see loads of non prem quitting along with the lvl 70 that already worked hard for their gear...why do you think Taurus quit KE...? because he xp day and night for his lvl...now macro'ers and xp scroll in the PUS for lvl 1-60 can reach his lvl just 10x faster...
    for those that agree on this +8 scroll to lvl out the playing field between legit and babashoppers...let's put it this way...babashopper no longer have to babashop to get thier +8 gear...along with the rest of the server population...you didn't like seeing full +8 shell and raptor people running around...now just think of everyone in CZ with the +8 gear cause of gold prem...remember the ISW between diez vs. ares...? just think of it as non-prem vs prem in our very server...everyone might as well go play a game that provide all the gears for you already....why xp or farm right...?
    3 reason i believe PK is fun...
    1. watching all your hard work finally paying off as your name showing up in yellow as the person alive after a fight
    2. To prove your skill against other people whether you win or lose...a reason why some people like 1v1...
    3. Meaningless killing with clannies and friends is just straight out fun... ^^
    lvl 70 character mostly farm for item or pk...with the +8 scroll out...that will eliminate farming besides bosses...so what is left...? pk...? but fighiting everyone with the same gear can get tedious and eventually leads to quitting....

Therefore, to increase enjoyment among the lvl 70 and encourage gold prem...an ISCZ...where gold prem can come face off with people from other server...i would definitely want to watch 0000000 vs hakunamatata...and once i get my gear and lvl...would wish to join in on the fight... or maybe a clan battle between Hatred vs. AHM...something new to intrigue our lvl 70's and prem payers...^_^

Auction House - something someone suggest on page 8 or 10...forgot...xD an idea taken from WoW which i Really love...instead of seeing d1 over flooded with merchant text and having non prem unable to log on because of AFK merchants, we can have an auction house similar to those of WoW... Few reason i like about this...
    1. the need of afk merchants will be gone since you can place your items at the auction and can be seen / bought by anyone even if you are not online....meaning less people logged on to merchant allowing capacity for actual players...might help non prem log on during peak hour...but K2 might not like this idea for it reduce the need to buy prem resulting in lose of money for them...
    2. for those that get dc'ed while merchanting...your items will still be there even ifyou can't merchant overnight...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Foshoo - i agree with you...this game is no longer F2P but infact P2P if you want to play during leisure time...most of us play this game for entertainment to pass the time...but it's not really enjoyable when you finally have some free time just to stare at a screen saying "sorry prem user only"...most working people turn to free games such as this because they don't want to pay for game such as WoW where they only have an hour or two a day to play...but when you are unable to log onto a game cause you don't pay for it...that's crap...the fact that K2 made non prem unable to spam to log into server is a direct implication of the road to P2P...instead of fixing bugs and blocking 3rd party program...K2 instructed their computer technicians to find ways to block non prem from playing so they have to buy prem to play...you can sum this all up in one word. GREED

Draconetsu - <3 buddy... you are also correct...it is a capitalistic world where people wish to make money...and K2 by far is the best marketing company i've seen for a long time...they got people paying $25 a month (which almost double WoW's monthy subscription) for a crappy game such as this...and yet we still play it...lol... compared to other "free" game out there...KE has the MOST server available for people to pick and chose from that i've seen...and it's all made possible by PUS and their crappy prem...so we know not all our money is going into beers that they spill on their hard drive and call it "emergency maintainece"... :P SilkRoad online has a PUS also...but does not require monthy payment to log on a play...a TRUE F2P game...however....server choices are limited and the lag is unbearable due to overpopulated server...something that doesn't occur on KE...often...

just improve their customer service and prem is actually worth buying...i don't mind the prem cap to log on as long as i don't see noob archer taking down TK by running arrow shower hack with light feet...take awhile...but is managable...

As for infinitemadness's - you're trying hard...and most of us appreciate what you're doing...keep up the good work...you do what is within your power to help make KE enjoyable...however, a post stating "how to encourage people to continue buying gold prem even when you don't need em" is totally sending out the wrong message dude...i have read through all 12 pages of posting...and you know why i did that...? Because the game is down atm...yes...the game is down again....so i read hoping for improvement at last...but i read your post in dissapointment as it state nowhere in your post that it the game condition will improve...but to only encourage lvl 70 that no longer needs prem to buy more prem...the most expensive gold prem nonetheless...so i'm recieving the wrong message that you want to send out until i got to somewhere in the middle somewhere that you are infact nagging K2 to give us the service we deserve....
    i remember the first month that WoW came out...it was like an open beta testing...all hell broke loose to the point that it was funny....however...WoW did something that K2 doesnt...Compensate the paying customer...!!!! K2 is delivering us crap for what we are paying for and they know it...and what do k2 do about it when we spam their CS...? find ways to make people buy more prem....oh they're good... :blink: One reason why k2 dare not step in is because most of their paying customer are infact the macro'ers and dupers...K2 went to turkey to open up a branch there for a reason...and that is because of the amount of paying customer there...by banning cheaters...they are actually losing money...and what have we learned so far...? K2 are money hungry people...so banning people is an effortless attempt....once in a blue moon i see greenster log on to ban people...random people that i've never heard of before...i'm sure that anyone that pk in CZ often knows of many kosper / speed hack / jingler...and yet i have yet to see anyone of them banned...only random small fry get targeted...poor hackers...should of brought prem before you turn on those hacks...^^

so in an attemptto answer madness request for an opinion...ISCZ for gold prem or increase drop rate on bosses for them...

my real opinion on KE as a whole...
    instead of adding things...improve what we got first...we need...
    more stable and secure servers...
    a better security system for sure...if K2 can prevent PUS scrolls from being duped...why can't they do that to all the ingame items...?
    i've seen kosper macro'ing at one spot for 8 hours straight at hais...and yet xtrap tends to shut down my KE on occasion...wtf
    lots of people already said this and K2 already know it but...why not...Better Customer Service...if k2 knows already...why haven't they done anything about it...? just piss me off even more that they know about the problem and just sits there doing nothing about it...

just my opinion since infinitemadness asked for em...ease up on the flame kk...

Edit : just wanted to add...FoShoo, draconetsu, and Rentzusuken are really intellectual people...just read their post unbias and dont' consider them as flame...and you'll notice that they are the one thinking about the whole picture and their after affects...would of added devile but meh...he only posted once... :P