Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

New Premium Idea, We'll see, **JUST AN IDEA**

This is a discussion on New Premium Idea, We'll see, **JUST AN IDEA** within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; When i was on the Championship servers i really loved the chaotic generator. It can give you anything depending on ...
Page: 20

Bl1ns3

When i was on the Championship servers i really loved the chaotic generator. It can give you anything depending on the fragment you exchanged. So lets say you'll get like 10 red fragments or maybe one purple in addition when you buy Gold. This will not destroy the economy because you can really get anything there starting with BUS, wpn/armor enchants, shells and ending with unique wpns.

Ofc we need IceAge for that Maybe they can add it to Gold when IceAge starts to make it more attractive.

Just an Idea.

Banned

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    high end items should never be given so freely or it will ruin the life of the game.
    how is it freely.....you have to pay for gold for 4 months to get anything good......think about it....what i said makes sense and is actuall more.....so you pay for 4 months and get a WE....omg u spent a 100 usd.....WE is worth 75 usd.....so on that one you lose.....so its not freely...and also you cant stak gold so you would really need to wait the 4 months to get one good item.....make gold non stackable....now people have to save up and wait and then get a good item......its a good idea

also the chaotic generator is pretty much the same as my thinking.....that would be good to see in USKO.....i think my theory and the generator are very close...same principal almost

i like your idea, tez. . .and I dont think it'd ruin anything. . it's the fukkers w/ +3,4,5 Iron necks that ruin this game. . .a legit player choosing to wait 4 mos. for a +0 at least gives them the opportunity to get what they want, or at the very least, have a means to generate in game revenue.

TunaFishyMe

What is the most desirable item in the game? INs, IBs, ROL, ROCs, GBs. These items arent something the average joe can get. By waiting 4 months to get an item like this really devalues these items. Sure, everyone has them now a days, but what about a new server? Would you want them to have IB, INs shortly after 4 months? What is the difference between that and simply selling those items straight up? MYKO tried something like this where you get points for buying prem. After x amount of points you can trade them for a FT item or something. So now people dont have to farm to get these items and just buy prem? Uniques should never be given out so easily even if they are crap ones like Mage Earrings. Every 4 months there will be an injection of INs, IBs, GBs etc etc. So the life expentancy of a server should last about 8 months before everyone has everything they need?

Like I said before, items that are suppose to be desired shouldnt be handed out by the company themselves.

R4zor

The +8 scroll is a bad idea imho, it would take all the sense of skill and teamwork away from the game. Bill Gates would be ownzor

Yun_Yuuzhan

Cure scrolls = no, they would overpower warriors tremendously. Our sole weakness other than overreliance on potions is debuffs; if we had the ability to cure them we would be unstoppable.

Run with a priest, that's what really has to be done now. The days of solo warriors are over since every priest is a debuffer ever since PUS came out.

Also, I see some complicated ideas in the thread (Auction house like in WoW, soulbinding items, etc.). No, and no, because this is KO, not WoW. Auction house is horrible because it creates too much trouble for the seller; it is very easy to see who is offering the cheapest item and buy it, making it so people who undercut others always get the profits. I like KO's merchant mode wherein you can set a competitive price for an item and people will buy it rather than risking it being bought by someone else while they search for a better deal.

Keep KO simple, don't suggest changes that would ruin the spirit of the game. I maintain that the +8 100% scroll is probably the best thing at this point, seeing as how Ares at least is covered in glowing weapons right now. I honestly can't see how these scrolls would make the game any worse than it already is so long as it was possible to make them nontradeable and non-dupable. Why let the cheaters/babashoppers retain all the advantage?

imma cut you up Senior Member lIIIIIIIIIIl's Avatar

if the +8 scrolls are implemented, these are what should be implemented as well-

1) non-tradable +8 scrolls
    2) recorded monthly in quest log so that you wouldn't be able to keep doing it over and over again each month (will be cleared once you buy the next gold premium)
    3) when you use these special "non-tradable" +8 scrolls, the item you used it on becomes "non-tradable" as well.

that would prevent duping (so even if they dupe the item they can't sell it)

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Following up on SotongPoo's idea above:

Scroll of ownership:
    Acts as a +8 upgrade scroll.
    Changes the items name: e.g. "Raptor" becomes "ChuckNorris's Raptor".
    Item gains a name requirement of "ChuckNorris"

Only downside would be if someone wanted to use NCS...

My idea would be:

Each time you buy a premium (gold, silver or bronze) it adds 15, 10, 5 credits into a bank which allows you to "buy" codes for items from the events NPC.
    The items which you can buy with these credits would be along these lines:
    1 Credit: Lvl 35 blast scroll
    1 Credit: Green FT chest
    2 Credit: Blue FT chest
    5 Credit: Minor unique (belt of intelligence, crystal earring, skull hammer, opal ring, etc)
    10 Credit: Medium unique (belt of strength, lupus pendant, kekuri ring, gold ring, 1H giga, etc)
    15 Credit: Pretty nice unique (mage earring, belt of life, dragon amulets, ruby ring, etc)
    ... up to
    50 Credit: Leet things (ROC, ROL, IBelt, glass belt, chitin shield, etc)
    60 Credit: Iron Necklace <-- In a class of it's own

That way everyone with premium can save up for the items they want (eventually, but as these credits are per account, it's going to take time!) And it's easier for the admins to change the prices in the shop and maybe offer unique items which aren't available otherwise. Keeping the credits strictly out of game means that the credits can't be duped, GM gifted, or whatever else players are prone to worry about.

urm fyi CS is like 2x the rarity of a iron neck since they don't even drop (or rarely)

so maybe CS and IN shouldn't be "in a class" of its own, they should be just really lucky shit ppl might get at any lvl (like 1%)

but tbh i don't think its a good idea for this, its prety complicated i'm 100% sure there'll be something which k2 can fuck this up with.

the simpler the idea is, the better it is. (in this case of k2 running ko)

TunaFishyMe

dont you guys see you are making the first steps in a slippery slope? First you are going to award points for buying prem. And with these points they get the best items in the game. Next they will start selling these points. These ideas are seriously going to make the game not even worth logging in.

dont you guys see you are making the first steps in a slippery slope? *First you are going to award points for buying prem. *And with these points they get the best items in the game. *Next they will start selling these points. *These ideas are seriously going to make the game not even worth logging in.
    true.

but the +8 scroll idea is cool mainly cause almost everyone has a +8 now, so it doesn't matter that much.

not every raptor+8 warrior has over 3.5k hp and 1k def though.

TunaFishyMe

8+ scrolls will destroy the entire market. Who would but 1-7+ stuff when they can just get a 8+ right off the bat after DMs drop something. Giga 8 is probably the rarest weapon right now. How many 8+ giga will appear cuz of 8+ scrolls. I understand the idea is to make gold and silver prem more noticably different but giving away items is seriously not the way to go. Besides, what keeps you in the game aside from friends? Progression. If i had everything i wanted when i hit 60, i would have quitted this game long ago. That is bad business for K2. The only good idea I can think of is making the drop rate for gold prem actually noticable. That way they still have to find a boss or farm the mob to get something, and not just have it handed to them.

think of it this way-

when everything is +8, people wil go for +9, that'll be the "new +8"

ps. + you have to have a +7 item first before using the +8 scroll so yea if you can get a giga+7 first, which i doubt evryone would have.

Yun_Yuuzhan

8+ scrolls will destroy the entire market. *Who would but 1-7+ stuff when they can just get a 8+ right off the bat after DMs drop something. *Giga 8 is probably the rarest weapon right now. *How many 8+ giga will appear cuz of 8+ scrolls. *I understand the idea is to make gold and silver prem more noticably different but giving away items is seriously not the way to go. *Besides, what keeps you in the game aside from friends? *Progression. *If i had everything i wanted when i hit 60, i would have quitted this game long ago. *That is bad business for K2. The only good idea I can think of is making the drop rate for gold prem actually noticable. *That way they still have to find a boss or farm the mob to get something, and not just have it handed to them.
    I don't think you get it, tuna. +8 means 100% to +8, so you need a +7 item first in order to use it. It won't make a +1 item +8 in one click.

I don't see how this idea is any different than the countless people buying items for USD? You think I like it? No. But I believe in learning to deal, and this idea would make it easier for those of us not willing to cheat or risk getting scammed.

TunaFishyMe

ok. I thought it was a 1+ item going to 8+ item right away. Still. It doesnt make that much of a difference. People buying for USD is a completely different issue. If KOM/dupers never existed, they would be buying 8+ that other people made. It wouldnt increase the number of 8+. This way, you are gaurenteed no matter what to get an 8+. Sure, there are so many 8+ in the server already, what does it matter? What about new servers? Should they all be swarmed with 8+ items within 4 months? Uniques should also never be given out. The only thing that differs between people with dual dildos are their uniques. If everyone was able to get a ROL/IN/IB etc etc...why not make a server that gives everything out to begin with and we just pk till we get bored.