View Poll Results: Do you see yourself playing this server someday?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 51.46%
  • No

40 38.83%
  • I'd probably play both this & USKO

10 9.71%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

A New Project

This is a discussion on A New Project within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I'm totally willing to give this server a try (like most), just stating facts....
Page: 3

I'm totally willing to give this server a try (like most), just stating facts.

in this time , any private server without turks , don't have chance .

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

I can agree papper, but just because I said "English community", doesn't mean we are blocking other countries. If we have to, we will, if not, then get into the right clan and have a good time at some more active PK ^_^

Also I think if u don't give the server cap 60+ , u lost a lot players because about 60-70% of players who always try new severs are mage teams , without novas they never join to ur new server . U need add to ur team a skilled turk and Spanish partners because if u don't get this public , probably u don't have more than 40-50 players online . I sure if some good clans with decent reputation join to ur server , u get good population , but need a lot work in forums and make a good SEO.

Quote Originally Posted by papper View Post
    Also I think if u don't give the server cap 60+ , u lost a lot players because about 60-70% of players who always try new severs are mage teams , without novas they never join to ur new server . U need add to ur team a skilled turk and Spanish partners because if u don't get this public , probably u don't have more than 40-50 players online . I sure if some good clans with decent reputation join to ur server , u get good population , but need a lot work in forums and make a good SEO.
    I could play an ardream server with mages without novas.

All classes will be perfectly balanced (and adjusted in the future IF necessary due to excess amount of mages/rogues, etc) and AOE's will animate as Nova's. If the server is a success and people demand it very later on, we will update servers to include 70's or maybe 72's, and if not, we can start a 2nd server so Ardreamers on server 1 won't feel regret and item leaders won't have an advantage over others instead of a fresher start. Thank you papper!

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    The english community is just dying, because of people having this negative attitude and not willing to try anything new. I think this could be a huge succes if people would give it a shot and developers wouldn't focus on making own servers. Of course there is always a risk that this will die very fast, but heck... atleast give it a go!
    Negative attitude? Because there aren't thousands of reason at this point to be disappointed in this game, right?

Even the most optimistic kind of guy would have gave up by now. KO and mainly the company that develops it are dead / trash respectively
    thom likes this.

If you're talking about USKO: No explanation necessary, you're 100% right
    If PSKO's that are out there: Some have amazing potential, just annoying communities or pricing or setups. None really exist (at the moment) that will be pleasant to play for people like ko4lifers' or whoever is still playing in USKO that will want to play this game without having to face all these +10 filled clans or retarded new classes that pull opponents with radical armors. Razor, can you agree with me that this forum has lowered its' activity by at least 80% from what it once was? Most of why is because of the game itself, just sucking more and more as time goes by. And then of course, all those who wanted to sell and make money, or those who got hacked, or moved on to Diablo or LoL, etc... This forum was once awesome but there are so many old-timer guests that just log in to see if anything is new once every couple of months and then log off for a longer period of time and one day, it will just be gone. When it's gone, what will the people who still want to have fun PK'ing in KO do? Where will they go... There has to be a place for that and right now, it's all about hopping private servers every couple of months with your clans to dominate it and then hop again. I'd consider myself pretty optimistic in comparison to some people on G4L but you're right, I quit KO years ago and K2/MGame/NTT or whoever the fuck, will never care. Just copy paste whatever JP/KR have into USKO (aka TRKO) and keep a high price on premiums, they will only make more and more money off of them even with the dumbest updates that only ruin the game. We don't have to follow TRKO tho, lol. Remember this topic? Still Playing USKO Servers? Go CWest! (Beware: Lot's 2 Read) That movement was the thing to do, but it's not 2010 anymore.

I've quit KO, but I'll play this. You are a real superhero after all!

Banned Senior Member

Couldnt resist not to reply on this thread after all i have reading!
    I dont know danny if you have any basic knowledge about how to make a server or how to keep it or any other basic critiria to start a project like this really i couldnt see if you have!!!
    But what i saw was more than enough to (trust) you!

I saw the exact way i think for ko also.Thats i saw!

Thats more than enough to understand your real intension to do start this project and i will be glad to help you the way i can and of course if i can!
    I am glad that there is that feeling of koplay still these days after all these years passed.

+1 for me!!

And good lack in the heading way!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    -Jammin, I am doing this on my free time, it isn't "costing" me anything. It's not a sad thing to try and fail, I really have good intentions for everyone and if they want to spit on it, it's not my loss because I'm not spending money or valuable time.
    Not at all.

You will need to spend money though. And for it to be stable, you will need a capable team or a lot of free time and knowledge.

Best of luck.
    thom likes this.

If the idea works out like you're planning to, i would definitely come and play!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I'm speaking with my dev at the moment and we're trying to sum up a feasible conclusion that will make everyone and their pockets happy, so far all I know is beta can be ready by tomorrow if we have someone to do tedious customizing quest work, which I already have laid out, just need it to be coded for my dev. As far as the under 100 bot-net risk, we are thinking of allowing limited stock of accounts who are dedicated to being the first players of the server, who are willing to pay for an extremely cheap premium and retardedly cheap scrolls, this way, we can upgrade to a higher security WITH those first payments and then move on up from there with a higher player base. If people weren't so roughnecked about making "their own server" and just trying to make it a money whore factor, then not only do we have a lower chance to exist long term, but so do they. Why don't we have 2-3 developers team up for one project that we can work on together? I already have most of it taken care of, but if we were 3-4 partners, dividing the bills after whatever is left from what people haven't paid via PUS, can be much cheaper than having to depend on 1 guy with little or no PUS. I know Sephiroth and twostars are already willing to assist, what about bigdudle or anyone else? Wanna merge? Just an idea... Seriously, I don't care whatsoever about making even a dime off of this, I just want a server I know everyone can enjoy casually and/or occasionally. If we grow and there is a high demand, we can raise level cap in the future, but our setup for this 59 world is really awesome the way it is, we won't need to raise for a really long ass time, if all goes as planned.

thom, the English community is not dead, trust me man. They are just extremely divided. There are still clans on Human & Orc side in various servers like Ares, Xig, Oly, Logos, Anatolia and then of course all the shitload of different private servers that those people are hopping every week to 2 months to get NP ranking and leave. I played OSKO, it was "too much" of the original KE build, requiring you to play a lot more than the average private server. I don't know about YourKO but SexyKO lasted for many years, even if it died out 2-3 years ago, they deserve applause.

I wish it will work out too, but even if it doesn't, I'll be happy we tried. Some optimism more often would be appreciated guys. Sorry again for writing with so much elucidation for you guys to handle. I was the first mod on ko4life to back up trustworthy people, it required me to write full explanations..

that just wont happen man, sadly the english players in usko dont want to leave because they worked hard for their clan, items etc. and cant move on with life.

people for sure wont donate to play a pri server.

and sephiroth already said multiple times pri servers r a waste of time / shouldnt donate money to it because it would die within 1month.

whos ur ''developer'' btw? i guess multiple people r interested in knowing that

the past is the past, and it will never ever come back, you have to realise that. it wont work just logging in playing a few hours and be satisfied, its not how KO work anymore.

yeah, i also wish it could work out. but in reality it just cant, you should leave it the way it is.

but good on you for atleast trying

I have been talking with danny and thought of contributing by paying the dedicated and making a database and including my bdw/juraid system, but I don't want to do everything alone. Would need few more people , because I don't have a desire to host or run anything just to help this project evolve.

I understand people got their reasons to doubt that danny wouldn't want money , but I think he sound a legit person and I definetely don't need money (not to sound EGO.) = P I make nice living as it is.

Can someone sum up the first post? I havent got the attention span to continue reading it.
    Olaz likes this.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast