View Poll Results: Do you see yourself playing this server someday?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 51.46%
  • No

40 38.83%
  • I'd probably play both this & USKO

10 9.71%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

A New Project

This is a discussion on A New Project within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by Cammy Can someone sum up the first post? I havent got the attention span to continue reading ...
Page: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
    Can someone sum up the first post? I havent got the attention span to continue reading it.
    Danny wants to make the perfect private server.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamm1n View Post
    Danny wants to make the perfect private server.
    I (Cammy) wants to make the perfect, cheese to cracker ratio.

I (Cammy) wants to make the perfect, cheese to cracker ratio.
    You have an easier task than Danny

Will the hope for a better KO ever die? T_T
    thom likes this.

O_o Senior Member

For all those who think Danny want to open this server just for the money or will take the money for himself he is just wrong.. Danny been here for a long time and he is very known and I don't believe that he (or anyone) will put that much of effort and try to convince people so much just for couple of dollars...

And if you guys remember the (failed, sadly) ko4life project? It started really good and there was a huge hyp around it, this can happen here to, just need people with experience and good will that will make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoav View Post
    Will the hope for a better KO ever die? T_T
    ;O

You're alive! Sup man?

If it was possible to make such a thing - then.. Yes I'd play, but personally I'd play if it was a 100% replica of KE - I.E exp, farming, pk etc, I miss the days of having an iron bow +7 and fp +7 in cz and being able to keep up with everyone else

the money spender is stopping ddos COMPLETELY so it doesn't affect the game completely - and that's not small money each year which is why no one goes to this length on other servers (a main reason of why they die)

If it was possible to make such a thing - then.. Yes I'd play, but personally I'd play if it was a 100% replica of KE - I.E exp, farming, pk etc, I miss the days of having an iron bow +7 and fp +7 in cz and being able to keep up with everyone else

the money spender is stopping ddos COMPLETELY so it doesn't affect the game completely - and that's not small money each year which is why no one goes to this length on other servers (a main reason of why they die)
    KE doesn't work like the fantasy you have about it anymore. People didn't know the game too well back then which is why it was fun for everybody, but now KE servers are really different compared to the real KE in the past.

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

Danny, make this shit happen allready ^^
    We've had this talk about making a private server back on Ares already Never really thought you'd actually do it too haha ^^
    After all these years you actually gonna make it eh, if its anywhere near as we picture it back in the day, it'll be insane
    Have you tried talking to Mike about it btw? i mean, he knows programming...

Anyway, i give you the best of luck and i'd love to join it when it comes out ^^

btw, as for the SuperHeroes, our clan fucking rocked ! to bad for the fucked up server tho
    SuperDonkey & SuperCamel <3
    N4v4rr0 likes this.

SUPREME OVERLORD Senior Member Olaz's Avatar

try and buy licences from mgame/noashsystem? a proper server with actual customer support would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Olaz View Post
    try and buy licences from mgame/noashsystem? a proper server with actual customer support would be amazing
    I fail to see how a license pays for a proper server. Licenses by themselves cost an enormous amount of money. Considering Danny will be funding the server mostly from powerupstore and donations I can say with some certainty he didn't empty a grand goldmine. A license is therefore just wasting money. Money that is greatly needed to protect a server against ddos and to keep it up and running. Besides as I recall Ntt now owns both the NA, EU and turkish licenses so what license of value would be left.

Simple fix for people that dont wanna lag behind is resetting the server every 2-3 months giving unique rewards(think personal weapons+3) to certain players who achieved stuff. This gives them a little headstart which keeps them going at defending their specific title. New players will just enter to check how hard it is to level and gear up and when the reset happens they will play actively. Keeping active pk and exp. Leveling should be pretty difficult to promote people pking early. This also balances the pk vs exp. Since people who wanna dominate a little later do their exp bit first and those who want to dominate early will pk. Whoever finds the best balance wins at the end.

I haven't posted here in forever. To be honest, the quality of this forum has been lacking too, but thats more because of all the people quitting the game than a problem with this forum in general. I haven't logged into USKO since January and haven't actually played any KO since last October. There was only one private server I ever got to run on my computer that was also balanced farm/xp/pk AND had reasonably low lag/latency. If you can create a private server where the lag/latency is low enough to play and not have to wait 2-3 seconds for skills to go through, and be farmy-pk with a 70 cap and pre-krowaz items, I would certainly at least give it a try and tell all my old clannies about it.

I really don't regret quitting KO just because of the giant shitfest it became. Genie-ing your way to 83 and babaing your gear? Give me a break. You should have to at least go personally kill a mob to do something. If you set up something where XP was like 400-500% what regular KO was a few years ago, it'd be perfect.

I've been way busy with school and work, and I'm starting my Master's Degree soon, but again, I would certainly give your server a whirl if/when you get it all worked out.

Senior Member MySexualIntention's Avatar

Disable mages and you won't have what plagues all servers nowadays.
    Teddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante7 View Post
    There was only one private server I ever got to run on my computer that was also balanced farm/xp/pk AND had reasonably low lag/latency. If you can create a private server where the lag/latency is low enough to play and not have to wait 2-3 seconds for skills to go through, and be farmy-pk with a 70 cap and pre-krowaz items, I would certainly at least give it a try and tell all my old clannies about it.
    That largely depends on location. Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    That largely depends on location. Where are you?
    Alabama, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante7 View Post
    Alabama, USA
    Ugh, I take it back, then. Such a delay is abnormally high in that case, even considering servers tending to be hosted outside of the US nowadays.
    Probably either being flooded, or a result of their attack filtering.

Nevermind. Ignore me. :-)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast