View Poll Results: Do you see yourself playing this server someday?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 51.46%
  • No

40 38.83%
  • I'd probably play both this & USKO

10 9.71%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

A New Project

This is a discussion on A New Project within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Yeah, I figured you assumed I lived in *Insert Far Away Country*. But I don't, so I've never understood the ...
Page: 5

Yeah, I figured you assumed I lived in *Insert Far Away Country*. But I don't, so I've never understood the crazy latency I've always gotten. The one server I enjoyed had it to where it was about half a second delay. Still annoying but at least it didn't give me a headache like anything higher would/does. Hell, for the last couple months I played USKO I experienced a half-second delay. That infuriated me. A private server is understandable...but the real deal? No thanks.

O_o Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante7 View Post
    Yeah, I figured you assumed I lived in *Insert Far Away Country*. But I don't, so I've never understood the crazy latency I've always gotten. The one server I enjoyed had it to where it was about half a second delay. Still annoying but at least it didn't give me a headache like anything higher would/does. Hell, for the last couple months I played USKO I experienced a half-second delay. That infuriated me. A private server is understandable...but the real deal? No thanks.
    Maybe the problem is you? And your net?

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Believe it or not, according to your replies and the poll, I thought I'd get much worse feedback lol. Will update on the server as I can, hope everybody had a nice weekend and happy incoming holidays

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante7 View Post
    cause the usko servers are in turkey lol

Quote Originally Posted by MySexualIntention View Post
    Disable mages and you won't have what plagues all servers nowadays.
    i thought of a much simpler fix on this but no one has used it yet. simply increase the staff skill damage by 20% and decrease the nova damage by 30% and boom mages are balanced if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousKo View Post
    i thought of a much simpler fix on this but no one has used it yet. simply increase the staff skill damage by 20% and decrease the nova damage by 30% and boom mages are balanced if you ask me.
    Considering mages are quite weak when they're full mp I don't see how this would help at all. Besides, no matter what server, mages are easy to kill if you know how to play against them.
    thom likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Considering mages are quite weak when they're full mp I don't see how this would help at all. Besides, no matter what server, mages are easy to kill if you know how to play against them.
    personally i dont have a problem with mages but people literally quit servers just because there is a mage party just because its annoying.

We already have a starting set-up to attempt the balancing of classes, but according to how the server goes, myself and maybe 1-2 others will keep an eye on how the PK is going and we will alter it once and leave it accordingly as perfect as possible to keep everyone happy. Regardless, the PK will surround the skill level as opposed to item level for months. Items will drop, but your clan won't be "fully geared" unless timing and unity is involved. We want to make the server as easy for you to start PK'ing as possible, albeit making it last for at least 4-8 months for you or 1-1.5 years for your clan to be fully loaded and powerful on the server. The only fact that can change those statistics is obviously babashopping, which I will be against, but there's nothing anyone possibly can do to stop that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    agreed. mages are only OP when they come in hordes. The easiest way would be to decrease their damage significantly when the number of mages in one party goes over a specific number. For example 50% less damage in ranged and AoE skills if there's more than 4 mages and 100% increase in blade damage. I just took this numbers out of my arse but you get the idea

Quote Originally Posted by wargrim View Post
    agreed. mages are only OP when they come in hordes. The easiest way would be to decrease their damage significantly when the number of mages in one party goes over a specific number. For example 50% less damage in ranged and AoE skills if there's more than 4 mages and 100% increase in blade damage. I just took this numbers out of my arse but you get the idea
    Isn't this what they did in USKO? And ye well I hate to play full melee servers. I love playing mage and I love playing against mages. I hate when a server is completely one sided (Only mages or only melees).

Exactly what were trying to get away from. Even in USKO today and for years now, there's a shitload of clans that just stack mages with 4-6 crazy priests and then their "sub-clan" has warriors & rogues. It's not fun for the sub-clan to kill the left overs, it's not fun for those trying to kill 1-2 maybeeeee 3 of those mages tp'ing each other and if you ask me personally, it's not fun to just pk for massive NP gains to nova and never get any solo experience. It's fun to raid their town once in a while, but we will like to see two mixed-class allied parties trying to raid town instead. By the way, we will also make it fun for priests to play BP and rogues to play Archer if they'd decide to.

For the people who support the server, I'd be very interested to hear your suggestions or show us what you'd like to see. Maybe we forgot something you'd mention! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Killing spree View Post
    Danny, make this shit happen allready ^^
    We've had this talk about making a private server back on Ares already Never really thought you'd actually do it too haha ^^
    After all these years you actually gonna make it eh, if its anywhere near as we picture it back in the day, it'll be insane
    Have you tried talking to Mike about it btw? i mean, he knows programming...

Anyway, i give you the best of luck and i'd love to join it when it comes out ^^

btw, as for the SuperHeroes, our clan fucking rocked ! to bad for the fucked up server tho
    SuperDonkey & SuperCamel <3
    Yeah man, I've spoken to Mike, we've all grown up and found our lives but both he and I don't mind playing occasionally actually, he's just in contact with Andre (Delicious) who is still playing somewhere out here, but I couldn't get him to make the server with me, tried years ago, months ago and recently.

I can't wait too Q(^_^Q) it will be fun to duo with my main man again =) I just hope you'll be able to play during the times I can, a.q
    Last edited by Danny; 12-23-2013 at 02:08 PM.

I know I'll probably get a lot of flak for saying this, but I think it'd be a good idea to keep the minor cooldown. The only reason I would say to not have a cooldown is if krowaz items and weapons were to be in the server.

On USKO, before the minor cooldown, rogues and warriors were out of balance in favor of the rogue. When they added it, th rogue was still favored but a good warrior was much more likely to stand achance. The game-breaking (in my opinion) decision in USKO was to introduce the krowaz weapons and armor and not take away the minor cooldown or at least increase sin/archer damage. It made the game shift to where party pk was all warriors or mages and killed a lot of the fun of playing sin/archer.

i honestly would love to see this happen me and my guys talk about a good ko server daily because all the others are totally trash or just about money especially osko. if this happened i know the english community would support ko fans never truly leave ko lol its almost like a drug
    Legend likes this.

I really do like the idea. It's going to be hard to figure out the balance to satisfy most people. I'll be down to play it and if you need some help as well, let me know.

~LongB

would be really nice ! i will follow you in this server if you make it !!! for sure bro !

I agree with you Vigilante, but we aren't going to add Krowaz armors or Cursed weapons, and so forth. Rogues will be as original as can be and will have to learn to know that their MP pots ARE their HP pots, CTRL minor disabled of course. Archers won't be able to do the multishot combo either, but they will be adjusted to fit the crowds. Priests will be able to tank a tiny bit better. Mages will have their animations altered and if there's a majority of AOE hordes or a minority of staffers, they will be adjusted accordingly. Warriors will be able to last long enough and have the advantage to leg cut light feeters more easily. So basically, no matter what class you pick, everyone should be equal, except of course for the item differences -- which means, pick the class you enjoy playing the most and don't think about "I'm just gunna go mage and join the AOE horde and get an NP whore sharer", you won't need to here.

We plan on keeping this an Ardream only server, and in the future, IF the server is stable and a new successful English community, we will expand it by either making a 2nd server for people to start fresh for 72- or just add CZ so people can play both CZ/DCZ on their same account happily. I would like to have ardream and CZ on the same server (or exist at all), but it's really really difficult to get that many people to play one server to be able to keep both PK zones active enough to make people continue to log on.

Server developers need to realize that this community wants ONE good server that everyone can pay for together. The more people paying for it at once, the cheaper it is not just for the developers, but for the players. If for example it costs $300 to run a server for a month, dividing that by 50 players would have to charge everyone approximately $6 a month, which would pay for everything they need as far as premium, scrolls or even name changing, etc. However, if we had an upgraded server for lets say somewhere closer to the $500 range, with about 200 players, which is feasible, everyone would be paying $2.50 a month, again for everything. Instead, the way it's going now is everyone is split up and trying to log into the randomized different servers at "peak hours" and then on to the next one cause it died for the rest of the night. Why not just have 1 amazing server where everyone can log at anytime and always find it fun. We'd really love that and everyone (or most of you these days) know that I am not the person to give a damn about making a shiny penny. I work full time, I'm not going to depend on a game to help me pay my bills. Those who used me as a trade mod know that I never even accepted any tips and always gave my time to help build a better server, community and forum. I've always wanted to do this project but never had the priority to do so until now, during my free time of course.

For an update of good news, we have found a wonderful new partner to merge servers with us, so the process should be able to speed up now. I would assume the 2nd week of January to be able to release the finalized version to the public. I will also make a new thread about the details in the PS section. We are working on the server throughout the weekdays so if anyone has any ideas/suggestions they'd like to see in-game, please post them here or message me! Thank you