Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

New Security Patch

This is a discussion on New Security Patch within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; this anti cheating thing is only for USKO? if it's so great, why hasn't it been in other KOs?...
Page: 2

mrmagic2008

this anti cheating thing is only for USKO? if it's so great, why hasn't it been in other KOs?

wawh

this anti cheating thing is only for USKO? if it's so great, why hasn't it been in other KOs?[/b]
    you do know things like punkbusters/x-trap worked perfectly right?

hell, there's even a scanner implented into the database from the old hackshield that is very easily to check for cheaters

but ofcourse, you have to understand that usko makes his money from mostly cheaters (turks in that matter, come on, ever seen a legit turk?)

k2 could/can/always will be able to track of cheaters and be able to stop tbl editing.
    the question would rather be, do they want to ban all those cheaters or even block it?

Banned

I hate to be a cynic, but if this patch is going to model past K2 "fixes", I imagine it will false positive 90% of the non-cheater, and ignore 90% of the actual cheaters.

More then likely they will just unban the cheaters anywayz.

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

I like the fact that their actually trying to fix it. Now lets just wait and see how it goes.

like smoq said, if they ban all the cheaters, you can see most of the top clans completely vanish, along with 99% of archers

i've seen the anti-cheat system work, with the korean letters showing up on your screen if you have any edited files
    if they perfect it it could be a ko-revolution :blink: imagine this game with no tbl editors or koxpers

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

you do know things like punkbusters/x-trap worked perfectly right?[/b]
    o yea, i remember the times where i could find any kind of bypass for those 2 seciruty software, yea the hacks werent that bad, and there was no cz arrow shower/constant dmg, but u could find, like today, koxpers everywhere with pb/xcrap. also i remember the days where u couldnt log into ko because xtrap had 8375146123 problems.

so yea they worked perfectly <_<

o yea, i remember the times where i could find any kind of bypass for those 2 seciruty software, yea the hacks werent that bad, and there was no cz arrow shower/constant dmg, but u could find, like today, koxpers everywhere with pb/xcrap. also i remember the days where u couldnt log into ko because xtrap had 8375146123 problems.

so yea they worked perfectly <_<[/b]
    yea i agree they didn&#39;t do anything
    especially xtrap, caused more problems then fixing them

plus whenever a new xtrap patch came out, within 1hr koxp was updated to bypass it

If their new anti-hack tool is on air, they&#39;ll notify that there&#39;re too many people using them, and banning such a great amount of players will bring the existance of K2 in danger, so most likely, the tool will just end up preventing the players to use third party tools, and not banning them, never, ever...

I finally came back to KO after a short absents, only to find rogues that could hit you with arrow shower half way across ardream while on the move, minor heal with no cooldown and cause Dot damage. Preists that could heal, cure and duff all at the same time while on the move and all of them could do a damn fine impression of spidyman. So anything that k2 does has got to be better than what we are dealing with atm. But I too am secptical as to anything getting done at all. Because if they do impliment this patch, ardream, RLB and CZ will be empty. I do admit it would be funny as hell to watch the assholes that use these cheats get banned one after another. Keyboard sales in Turkey would skyrocket. lol

wawh

so yea they worked perfectly <_<[/b]
    they did what they were supposed to do

only the client sided that blocked the cheats were bypassed, server side checks werent, good example of server side is the punkbusters, they banned thousands of accounts within a day, which is why it never got implented cause it would destroy uskos income

so most likely, the tool will just end up preventing the players to use third party tools, and not banning them, never, ever...[/b]
    at this point...id gladly go with this option

EasyMaster

k2 must fix Hack tools programs. if they fixed this bug too many user are in back

reason why it will fail :
    trying to handle 238948283 issues in 1 step (the "security" patch...)

K2 (or whatever developers...) should and they know what is the main problem of each issues (what files for tbl, for koxp are exploited for bug and so on)

no flame, im just thinking that this solution might not be the best.

is this true????

idefix

lol at least they admit "thousands of cheaters"[/b]
    Exactly ^^ If they would just pick out random turks from all the servers and ban them, chances are less than 5% would be "wrong" bans.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast