Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

New Security Patch

This is a discussion on New Security Patch within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So what if all the cheaters get banned and theres like no ones left in the game? Knight Online is ...
Page: 4

So what if all the cheaters get banned and theres like no ones left in the game? Knight Online is a good MMORPG, its just the cheating/hacking and all that crap that makes it bad. If you get rid of all those problems im sure more and more people will actually play the game. If KO ever did fix all the problems and stopped being so selfish, hell even I would come back. But the game will never be popular among English-speakers because of

1.) WoW/Other good MMORPGS's
    2.) As soon as they log on they see "slm baba" and gonna be like wtf no one speaks english /end_game.

Knight Online is just yanking yalls chain again, like they have for a good 4 years or so. I'll give them credit for actually admitting to their mistakes but I didnt really see them trying to fix the ones they already made. What about all those legit people who got banned?

Ki1laH

It actually used to be perfectly fine by K2 to sell/buy because they realized this brings them revenue indirectly. Haven't played in over a year so that may have changed, the only thing they wouldn't do was help you with problems you had with your account if you bought/sold shit.

*shrug*
    So selling/buying items is still legit. Legit is somebody who doesn't cheat to get an advantage. Selling items gets you no advantage. Buying items gets you no advantage that you couldn't use the PUS to get.

So try again baba.

So what if all the cheaters get banned and theres like no ones left in the game? Knight Online is a good MMORPG, its just the cheating/hacking and all that crap that makes it bad. If you get rid of all those problems im sure more and more people will actually play the game. If KO ever did fix all the problems and stopped being so selfish, hell even I would come back. But the game will never be popular among English-speakers because of

1.) WoW/Other good MMORPGS's
    2.) As soon as they log on they see "slm baba" and gonna be like wtf no one speaks english /end_game.

Knight Online is just yanking yalls chain again, like they have for a good 4 years or so. I'll give them credit for actually admitting to their mistakes but I didnt really see them trying to fix the ones they already made. What about all those legit people who got banned?[/b]
    I'd rather have the cheating fixed rather than the cheaters banned. If the cheating is fixed, than there will be more people to pk against in cz rather than having a dead cz. And to be honest, if cheating is fixed, A LOT of these people who cheat right now will be total noobs when it comes to pk. So I don't really care if they get banned or not, only if the cheating stops.

Priest_gabber

I'd rather have the cheating fixed rather than the cheaters banned. If the cheating is fixed, than there will be more people to pk against in cz rather than having a dead cz. And to be honest, if cheating is fixed, A LOT of these people who cheat right now will be total noobs when it comes to pk. So I don't really care if they get banned or not, only if the cheating stops.[/b]
    Cant agree more we need servers to become more active, if k2 will ban all accounts connected to the ip-s of the cheaters , a lot of ppl will get banned makin the game empty.

Babashopping actually IS ruining gameplay for the others. You overgear yourself because $ in your country is easier to earn than in others and you invest that money to buy stuff directly from other players. If you want to gain an advantage while not being a hypocrit because you are against cheaters, then buy KC and resell items ingame.[/b]
    tottally agree

It actually used to be perfectly fine by K2 to sell/buy because they realized this brings them revenue indirectly. Haven't played in over a year so that may have changed, the only thing they wouldn't do was help you with problems you had with your account if you bought/sold shit.

*shrug*
    So selling/buying items is still legit. Legit is somebody who doesn't cheat to get an advantage. Selling items gets you no advantage. Buying items gets you no advantage that you couldn't use the PUS to get.

So try again baba.[/b]
    Holding perm dragon without effort in farming/exping/upgrading sounds like cheating to me. Someone who buys items for real cash gets advantage for sure. And, how could k2 earn by players selling to players?

saying k2 reminds me..

The items, the chars and the accounts you play on, never belonged to you in the first place. You are playing on an account k2 gives you, which is still theirs. Selling items/chars for usd means, you sell something you don't even own. Sounds like stealing and breaking the rules of the ToS imho.

Ki1laH

Holding perm dragon without effort in farming/exping/upgrading sounds like cheating to me. Someone who buys items for real cash gets advantage for sure. And, how could k2 earn by players selling to players?

saying k2 reminds me..

The items, the chars and the accounts you play on, never belonged to you in the first place. You are playing on an account k2 gives you, which is still theirs. Selling items/chars for usd means, you sell something you don't even own. Sounds like stealing and breaking the rules of the ToS imho.[/b]
    Being somebody that has been around for a while should know as well as I do that K2 didn't have a problem with this, not saying what they feel about it now.

And how is that cheating, you can do the exact same thing by buying/selling cash shop items. And they earn by players selling by players. Its quite easy to understand. There are players that only play because they can buy their way to the top, k2 knows this. K2 knows that if this player spends X amount of money from another player to gain gear, this player will also pay X amount of money for CS items to pk, premium.

It all works, trust me its business.

Also selling characters, Player A quits. If preceding player does not sell this character, no money in k2 pockets. If player A sells character, the person who bought it is somebody willing to spend money on a game, thus willing to spend money on premium/cs. More money in k2's pockets.

Trust me.

P.S. Items aren't everything, from the items I farmed I never found one babashopper capable of beating me in a 1v1 setting. Even when I 1v1'ed those who outgeared me by a lot. Ask schrotti.

Need moar! Senior Member iAbuseHell's Avatar

Lets hope when these guys do a name change, it logs that information too.[/b]
    ofc K2 has that information.. but don't expect them to take action.

I'd rather have the cheating fixed rather than the cheaters banned. If the cheating is fixed, than there will be more people to pk against in cz rather than having a dead cz. And to be honest, if cheating is fixed, A LOT of these people who cheat right now will be total noobs when it comes to pk. So I don't really care if they get banned or not, only if the cheating stops.[/b]
    for me they should definitely ban them. playing against people in cz with duped gear - lvl 83 koxped aint gonna be easy. and they might even have all the perm symbols because of their cheating, which makes it worse.

their are plenty of people who will play this game without hacks so slowly but surely cz will become alot more active then which is possible atm.

All content on the Website and [...], their selection and arrangement, and your Account, are the property of the K2 Network [...][/b]
    People used to babashop with accounts before. Was that legit too?

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

Babashopping actually IS ruining gameplay for the others. You overgear yourself because $ in your country is easier to earn than in others and you invest that money to buy stuff directly from other players. If you want to gain an advantage while not being a hypocrit because you are against cheaters, then buy KC and resell items ingame.[/b]
    Looks like you didn't really understand why I said +1. The only reason I said it, was because IMO cheaters that TBL or koxp ruin the game more then babashoppers. I didn't say that babashoping is fair, I just said it's not as bad as all the cheating happening around with KOXP/TBL. As for myself, I have played this game for the past 5 years, and I haven't spend 1$ on it, not even on prem as others were usually the ones buying it for me. Since I am going new server, I actually plan on babashopping 2x +0 rings, and 2x +0 earrings... and that's all, cause I know I will need to do that to catch up to the cheaters' with their advantages of farming illegally and getting far ahead of everyone illegally.

ofc K2 has that information.. but don't expect them to take action.
    for me they should definitely ban them. playing against people in cz with duped gear - lvl 83 koxped aint gonna be easy. and they might even have all the perm symbols because of their cheating, which makes it worse.

their are plenty of people who will play this game without hacks so slowly but surely cz will become alot more active then which is possible atm.[/b]

Ya your right. Even if they get rid of the cheating those characters will still have massive amounts of noah/NP or items that they have obtained through cheating. The cheaters can just as easily be replaced by legit players. Its better to just get to the very source of the problem then just sugar coating it.

Ki1laH

People used to babashop with accounts before. Was that legit too?[/b]
    You aren't selling the mentioned. You are selling time/effort. Nothing more.

I always have and always will sell my gear/char when I quit.

I will never buy, but always sell.

You aren't selling the mentioned. You are selling time/effort. Nothing more.

I always have and always will sell my gear/char when I quit.

I will never buy, but always sell.[/b]
    Bullshit you sell time/effort. You are selling accounts which don't belong to you in the first place.

Ki1laH

Bullshit you sell time/effort. You are selling accounts which don't belong to you in the first place.[/b]
    Your method of thinking goes to say that based on a few words written in a TOS your time spent on the game belongs to them. You are selling the time and effort that goes into making such a character, and I will never stop doing so.

Regardless of what some hypocrite says about it.

I remember your posts from back in the day...

And I don't give a shit what the TOS says, if I make an account, spend months leveling it and gearing it. It is MINE.

Your method of thinking goes to say that based on a few words written in a TOS your time spent on the game belongs to them. You are selling the time and effort that goes into making such a character, and I will never stop doing so.

Regardless of what some hypocrite says about it.

I remember your posts from back in the day...

And I don't give a shit what the TOS says, if I make an account, spend months leveling it and gearing it. It is MINE.[/b]
    The only hypocrit i can see here is you. "BOOOOHHH CHEATERS" yet you are cheating yourself.

Those "few words written in a TOS" my friend is the agreed contract between you and K2 Network. If they wanted to, they could screw you with only few proofs. Yet you believe there is such things like "time" and "effort" in the law.

lol at last post...watch out you guys, the lawyer came! XD...anyway, hope cheats be gone with the patch, in order not to see at least, people cheating blatantly as nowdays.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast