Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Babashopping!?!?

This is a discussion on Babashopping!?!? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Okay so I know there are people who buy account's,item's,gb's with straight cash(pp,wu,etc...) alot of people get mad at that ...
Page: 1

Default Babashopping!?!?

Okay so I know there are people who buy account's,item's,gb's with straight cash(pp,wu,etc...) alot of people get mad at that its illegal,bla bla bla,etc.... But what about for the people who spends loads of cash on PUS items for merchant to make gb's, do you think that is still considered "BABASHOPPING"? What do you think about it?

Im bored... lol

Define ʎʇılɐǝɹ. Senior Member The_Real_PlodeZ's Avatar

Globally, over $1 billion was spent on virtual goods in 2009 and that number is forecast to reach nearly $20 billion by 2015 - and these are only the reported numbers.

Whether the money is spent on items, accounts, characters, fees to play games, if you can't hold it in your hand, it's babashopping.

Some universities worldwide are now even offering classes in virtual economics research and marketing for aspiring game designers.

I just read a study researching deflation of virtual currencies from 2004-2009, its cause and effects, and relation to the USD deflation towards highly discretionary luxury or entertainment goods & services, interesting stuff for a number-cruncher like me.

The irony is that you never actually own the virtual goods - you're only paying for the rights to use another person's intellectual property.

Sergeant Senior Member AlwaysDown's Avatar

I am getting tired of reading all these babashopper comments. In my opinion i think most of the people babashop just becuase they fail in life no offence to the babashoppers lol.

I've made this post like a billion times, and its a bitch to type out, so i'll keep it somewhat shorter then it usually is

Difference between buying GBs and buying PUS items to sell

Personally, I think we need PUS shoppers, so that they can supply people like me with scrolls!

Personally, I dont think we need babashoppers, because babaing inflates the market

more detailed explanation.......
    Ok, lets say that Person A wants to get some gear in KO. he's got a few choices
    a. Be a gold farmer
    b. buy from gold farmers
    c. buy from players
    d. buy PUS items and sell those
    e. normal methods (farming legitimately/upgrading/reselling)

Well, if he picks choice A, i think everyone on these forums will agree that its a bad thing, we dont need gold farmers, they take our exp/farms spots, and bring in a lot of excess gold in the server.

if he picks choice B, some of us on these forums will still frown upon it, since it brings a lot of extra gold in the market and makes the worth of everyone elses gold to go down (Inflation)
    The reason behind this is because goldfarmers earn gold at a rate that is not humanly possible. This brings excess cash into the market that is injected on and off at different occasions (I.e: when someone buys GBs from em)

if he picks choice c, even less of us on these forums will frown upon it. Heres my issue with selling gold bars: even if you are a person who earned the GB's legitimately, who is just trying to cash out, you gotta realize that when you sell the GB's to someone else, its pretty much combating one way of combating the extra gold flowing in the server due to goldfarmers. some gold comes in when person A babas and buys from gold farmer X. this causes inflation. When person B quits, GBs are gone with him, minimizing the effects of the gold farmer coming in.

if he picks choice D, there are people who scream that this is the same as babaing. It most definetly is not. I support these people in some sense, as they do make it so people who dont pay a cent for this game (me) have ways they can buy items like scrolls, pathos, valks, etc. How is this different from babaing? The money you make by selling scrolls, pathos, valks, etc, is money that has been made by players from reselling items, upgrading, doing bifrost runs/boss runs, etc. its not like someone puts in 300 bucks worth of pus items and instantly gets a hefty drop of 50gbs automatically in their account, they ahve to wait for there to be a player interested in buying their items, wait for money to be made by players to afford said items, etc.

if he picks choice E, he's a true GG and gets mad props from every1

i Tried to be concise, so if any1 has issues w/ my logic, i can explain more :P

Just a quote from a friend:

"As I've said in other posts. Read this and see for yourself. People in the USA make this their Business

And to think, although illegal per K2, Its happens in almost every game where trading of items is allowed.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...E.DTL&tsp=1

Puts on Flame Suit "

Reference: http://forum.knightonlineworld.com/f...opic=234741&hl=

The article is reliable & accredit news source, spending money on virtual/intangible goods are not old. It's just how you perceive it.

I don't agree with the statement "only failurer in life spend money in game hence babashopper". Do you think that homeless, out-of-job person can spend money for a game? Majority of gamers are adult that has job/income in order to spend the money for a game.

I mostly agree with thesmallone01, but from my side: When i wanted to start again on CW i didnt want to start reselling from 0 and decided to buy 2 gbs for start. I guess its not that big babashopping as other players do but it is still babashop.

May be i should bought some KC and then sell some scrolls and stuff but i didnt, cuz that way u give money to K2, which makes bunch of cash for like nothin. I decided then to buy soem gbs from my friend.

What do u think about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopy-Spyr View Post
    I mostly agree with thesmallone01, but from my side: When i wanted to start again on CW i didnt want to start reselling from 0 and decided to buy 2 gbs for start. I guess its not that big babashopping as other players do but it is still babashop.

May be i should bought some KC and then sell some scrolls and stuff but i didnt, cuz that way u give money to K2, which makes bunch of cash for like nothin. I decided then to buy soem gbs from my friend.

What do u think about this?
    point c + D i think makes the most sense here for explanation ^^

I never babad/bought pus items to sell..
    And my archer is awesome

I got nothing against babashopers.. I prefere to have some crazy babshopers that some crazy hackers...

Quote Originally Posted by thesmallone101 View Post
    if he picks choice D, there are people who scream that this is the same as babaing. It most definetly is not. I support these people in some sense, as they do make it so people who dont pay a cent for this game (me) have ways they can buy items like scrolls, pathos, valks, etc. How is this different from babaing? The money you make by selling scrolls, pathos, valks, etc, is money that has been made by players from reselling items, upgrading, doing bifrost runs/boss runs, etc. its not like someone puts in 300 bucks worth of pus items and instantly gets a hefty drop of 50gbs automatically in their account, they ahve to wait for there to be a player interested in buying their items, wait for money to be made by players to afford said items, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_PlodeZ View Post
    Globally, over $1 billion was spent on virtual goods in 2009 and that number is forecast to reach nearly $20 billion by 2015 - and these are only the reported numbers.

Whether the money is spent on items, accounts, characters, fees to play games, if you can't hold it in your hand, it's babashopping.

Some universities worldwide are now even offering classes in virtual economics research and marketing for aspiring game designers.

I just read a study researching deflation of virtual currencies from 2004-2009, its cause and effects, and relation to the USD deflation towards highly discretionary luxury or entertainment goods & services, interesting stuff for a number-cruncher like me.

The irony is that you never actually own the virtual goods - you're only paying for the rights to use another person's intellectual property.

Plodez's reply pretty much says that spending USD in a game, no matter in wich form was what you said its babashopping.
    I agree 100% to it.
    Your "D" choice was completely off the point of his reply, USD for virtual items = babashopping.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SirS View Post
    And my archer is awesome
    i think you and r the only ones xD
    wel... i was xD

Quote Originally Posted by SirS View Post
    And my archer is awesome
    same, mad props ;D

Quote Originally Posted by thesmallone101 View Post
    I've made this post like a billion times, and its a bitch to type out, so i'll keep it somewhat shorter then it usually is

Difference between buying GBs and buying PUS items to sell

Personally, I think we need PUS shoppers, so that they can supply people like me with scrolls!

Personally, I dont think we need babashoppers, because babaing inflates the market

more detailed explanation.......
    Ok, lets say that Person A wants to get some gear in KO. he's got a few choices
    a. Be a gold farmer
    b. buy from gold farmers
    c. buy from players
    d. buy PUS items and sell those
    e. normal methods (farming legitimately/upgrading/reselling)

Well, if he picks choice A, i think everyone on these forums will agree that its a bad thing, we dont need gold farmers, they take our exp/farms spots, and bring in a lot of excess gold in the server.

if he picks choice B, some of us on these forums will still frown upon it, since it brings a lot of extra gold in the market and makes the worth of everyone elses gold to go down (Inflation)
    The reason behind this is because goldfarmers earn gold at a rate that is not humanly possible. This brings excess cash into the market that is injected on and off at different occasions (I.e: when someone buys GBs from em)

if he picks choice c, even less of us on these forums will frown upon it. Heres my issue with selling gold bars: even if you are a person who earned the GB's legitimately, who is just trying to cash out, you gotta realize that when you sell the GB's to someone else, its pretty much combating one way of combating the extra gold flowing in the server due to goldfarmers. some gold comes in when person A babas and buys from gold farmer X. this causes inflation. When person B quits, GBs are gone with him, minimizing the effects of the gold farmer coming in.

if he picks choice E, he's a true GG and gets mad props from every1

i Tried to be concise, so if any1 has issues w/ my logic, i can explain more :P

about your D - with buying from PUS and selling CCS some time ago you could made those 50 gb in max 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by regiss View Post
    about your D - with buying from PUS and selling CCS some time ago you could made those 50 gb in max 2 days.
    but for how long?
    There was a rush for char seal scrolls at first, of course, its the hot new product on the block. But its not like pots, where people will always replenish them, its something a few high rollers will need occasionally. Supply and demand

Dont care about it realy, if the person got the money I dont see why not, in the end he worked for them in irl and if he wants to enjoy a game hes been playing for a while then let him play.
    Tho no respect for server hoppers who just sell their items/account after a month.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast