Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

New Server caps...

This is a discussion on New Server caps... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The thing that always bugs me with this type of stuff is people think they have a RIGHT to play ...
Page: 2

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

The thing that always bugs me with this type of stuff is people think they have a RIGHT to play the game for nothing. You get the game for free , you can log and continue to play for free but you will not get everything your way. If it is not for people paying for things like prem , the game can not survive and you wouldn't even be able to play any more. People are going on about how K2 is in trouble and their evil money making schemes are spoiling your fun. How stupid can people get , K2 run this game to make money , just like Blizzard do with WoW/D3 , just like the people who starwars republic , just like StarTrek online. The free to play part is an insentive to try the game out and eventually spend money on it.

If K2 were really in big trouble , they would wind down some of the other games they run , remember KO is not the only online game they host. For the 5 new servers for Helios , they would have had to outlay a fair amount of money to do this and this is not the move of a company in ruin. To me it looks like they are trying to cover all the bases with a massive influx of people trying out the server , it is in their interest for the servers not to overload and crash , and adding a couple more servers is a simple way of covering this.

I really wish people would actually stop crying about not being able to get in when they don't spend a penny on the services which we apparently get. Throwing on a bronze prem is not a massive outlay and there are so many different ways to pay now that there is no reason why anyone can't do it. Hell you can even spend your time farming to buy a prem of the market if your that against paying for premium.
    KOnewb1984 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    The thing that always bugs me with this type of stuff is people think they have a RIGHT to play the game for nothing. You get the game for free , you can log and continue to play for free but you will not get everything your way. If it is not for people paying for things like prem , the game can not survive and you wouldn't even be able to play any more. People are going on about how K2 is in trouble and their evil money making schemes are spoiling your fun. How stupid can people get , K2 run this game to make money , just like Blizzard do with WoW/D3 , just like the people who starwars republic , just like StarTrek online. The free to play part is an insentive to try the game out and eventually spend money on it.

If K2 were really in big trouble , they would wind down some of the other games they run , remember KO is not the only online game they host. For the 5 new servers for Helios , they would have had to outlay a fair amount of money to do this and this is not the move of a company in ruin. To me it looks like they are trying to cover all the bases with a massive influx of people trying out the server , it is in their interest for the servers not to overload and crash , and adding a couple more servers is a simple way of covering this.

I really wish people would actually stop crying about not being able to get in when they don't spend a penny on the services which we apparently get. Throwing on a bronze prem is not a massive outlay and there are so many different ways to pay now that there is no reason why anyone can't do it. Hell you can even spend your time farming to buy a prem of the market if your that against paying for premium.
    for the most part i agree.. but there are two very minor kind of nitpicky flaws with that. if you cant log in, how can you farm to buy premium from another player? also, a lot of people buy pus items and merchant them to other players. these people have premium and stay logged in merching for huge amounts of time. they need people to walk around and buy things from them, and the less people that can log in, the less people can farm, make money, and buy their items, causing them to buy more pus items to sell. K2 needs free to play players atleast somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by jessupar View Post
    for the most part i agree.. but there are two very minor kind of nitpicky flaws with that. if you cant log in, how can you farm to buy premium from another player? also, a lot of people buy pus items and merchant them to other players. these people have premium and stay logged in merching for huge amounts of time. they need people to walk around and buy things from them, and the less people that can log in, the less people can farm, make money, and buy their items, causing them to buy more pus items to sell. K2 needs free to play players atleast somewhat.
    Invalid !

There is not one server that u cant login without premium . You can even log on the newest(helios) server 1 w/o prem you just have to do it when all the turks are asleep. Also just because u cant login to a server at a certain time does not mean it isnt F2P. There is always a server that u can login to w/o prem. Hence making the game F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by KOnewb1984 View Post
    Invalid !

There is not one server that u cant login without premium . You can even log on the newest(helios) server 1 w/o prem you just have to do it when all the turks are asleep. Also just because u cant login to a server at a certain time does not mean it isnt F2P. There is always a server that u can login to w/o prem. Hence making the game F2P.
    I was replying under the assumption that the OP could not get into the game what so ever, making it essentially p2p.

first point is people say the game is hard to login and its making it hard for f2p players to enjoy the game. To be fair, when this game all had a 3rd server. Non prem can't even get in a1 for like the span of 18 hrs because of so much people wanting to get in a1. Because you cant buy prem from others or there are just limited ways to pay for a premium. Compared today, you have alot of choices and basically most F2p games, the first server is the hardest to get in since it's like a privileged members only server but G1 has been nice enough to open first servers to f2p players. You can always farm 2nd or 3rd server if you have a 3rd one. Reason not being able to log the first server isnt an excuse that you cant farm.
    KOnewb1984 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12