Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

New servers have killed this game

This is a discussion on New servers have killed this game within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; They need to stop openning servers for good. There are a very few people that still play this game thanks ...
Page: 1

Default New servers have killed this game

They need to stop openning servers for good.

There are a very few people that still play this game thanks to this new server crap they do..every 4 months a new server opens and every other server but the new one becomes dead. i dont understand why they do it. Its not even smart from a economical view.

I also dont understand the people that server hop. Whats the point of starting olympia if its gonna die 4 months later once they open new server called ronark?

they should have something like 3 servers, (merge all old) and a new one.. and thats it .... I dont get it either

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLina View Post
    They need to stop openning servers for good.

There are a very few people that still play this game thanks to this new server crap they do..every 4 months a new server opens and every other server but the new one becomes dead. i dont understand why they do it. Its not even smart from a economical view.

I also dont understand the people that server hop. Whats the point of starting olympia if its gonna die 4 months later once they open new server called ronark?

So I guess you are still playing on the original server you started ko on?

People complain about this, and then go ahead and contribute to the problem.

The fact is if new server wasn't released every year at least, without that hype this game would have gone offline a long time ago.

lots of people prefer to play on new servers before +9/+10 items start appearing

They've been doing this for like 8+ years and every time a new server is opened they get a boost in paying users when people renew their premiums and buy exp bonus stuff from PUS. Also, many of the PSKO players only play USKO for the first 2-3 months of a new server and then quit and join a private server again. The new server hype is pretty much the only reason USKO is still alive, besides the small number of people who stick to dead servers because they have invested too much $$$$ on this shitty game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    They've been doing this for like 8+ years and every time a new server is opened they get a boost in paying users when people renew their premiums and buy exp bonus stuff from PUS. Also, many of the PSKO players only play USKO for the first 2-3 months of a new server and then quit and join a private server again. The new server hype is pretty much the only reason USKO is still alive, besides the small number of people who stick to dead servers because they have invested too much $$$$ on this shitty game.
    When nttgame bought the company the game was pretty alive id say about 50.000 online users at all times. Most of these players bought premium and power up store boosts each month anyways.. so instead of earning a stable income they just kept opening new servers gaining mass incomes at once but also killing the game now only 15.000 users left.. if they left the game as is with no new users and had the same measures agaunst koxpers as they do now i bet my left nut that they would be making x10 the money they are now.

They have no idea what they are doing economically.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLina View Post
    When nttgame bought the company the game was pretty alive id say about 50.000 online users at all times. Most of these players bought premium and power up store boosts each month anyways.. so instead of earning a stable income they just kept opening new servers gaining mass incomes at once but also killing the game now only 15.000 users left.. if they left the game as is with no new users and had the same measures agaunst koxpers as they do now i bet my left nut that they would be making x10 the money they are now.

They have no idea what they are doing economically.
    You're pretty much pulling those numbers out of your ass, so it doesn't really make sense arguing about it. I believe the average user count per server was a little above 1k a year ago, but I lost the ability to find out actual user rates, so I cannot confirm that information now. I know there are people who could find out exactly how many people are playing, but I honestly think people are greatly exaggerating the online user count in SteamKO.

Either way, new servers make much more money than older servers. If you are a geared lvl 83 character, you don't need anything from PUS, besides maybe scrolls and premium pots. Premium becomes worthless over time and pk stalls out, which means less scrolls and pots sold. Also as I mentioned earlier, the PSKO community doesn't care about the older servers. Private servers are making their money by launching new servers and relaunching servers every now and then. PK servers last maybe 1-2 months at a time and only a few servers stay online for longer periods of time. Everybody loves the start of a new server, which is why people keep hopping from server to server. Every new USKO server launch is essentially just another private server to a lot of players. It doesn't matter if it's official or unofficial, it's still the same people playing. This is especially true with mage clans. Mage clans only enjoy the first couple months of USKO servers, after which they simply find another server to play in. I'm pretty sure the amount of mage clans in SteamKO has dropped considerably since the beginning.

Its how they make money now since they dont sell you +9's /10's anymore. And thats how its always been,i forgot how many servers USKO had when it was on its peak,before that mergin stuff started. If i had the time id just join the new servers all the time,its way more fun to play like that,you invest a little in the start,and make a huge profit out of it when the server is at its peak.I mean yes it would be nice to stick to one server and just have all the people there but eventually the babashopers will just smash everyone in every pk zone,and a casual player will never have a chance.Also some1 mentioned its like PSKO,its not,since they leave the old servers/items online,they dont wipe/re launch.

Purrminator Senior Member

I think, If im not mistaking, somewhere around 2008-2009 they had it on the official forums that there was 6m accounts in KO, they never said if they where active or not accounts, but 6m accounts was made up to that date, so they must have had some players playing back then, you know, before they fucked up...

Quote Originally Posted by iThardy View Post
    I think, If im not mistaking, somewhere around 2008-2009 they had it on the official forums that there was 6m accounts in KO, they never said if they where active or not accounts, but 6m accounts was made up to that date, so they must have had some players playing back then, you know, before they fucked up...
    It doesn't mean they had people playing. Don't forget that gold farmers have countless amount of accounts

Purrminator Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BluePrint View Post
    It doesn't mean they had people playing. Don't forget that gold farmers have countless amount of accounts
    That was exactly what I said in my comment.
    But the only reason for KO still being alive is making new serves, so we'll see new servers like everyone second month or something it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    You're pretty much pulling those numbers out of your ass, so it doesn't really make sense arguing about it. I believe the average user count per server was a little above 1k a year ago, but I lost the ability to find out actual user rates, so I cannot confirm that information now. I know there are people who could find out exactly how many people are playing, but I honestly think people are greatly exaggerating the online user count in SteamKO.

Either way, new servers make much more money than older servers. If you are a geared lvl 83 character, you don't need anything from PUS, besides maybe scrolls and premium pots. Premium becomes worthless over time and pk stalls out, which means less scrolls and pots sold. Also as I mentioned earlier, the PSKO community doesn't care about the older servers. Private servers are making their money by launching new servers and relaunching servers every now and then. PK servers last maybe 1-2 months at a time and only a few servers stay online for longer periods of time. Everybody loves the start of a new server, which is why people keep hopping from server to server. Every new USKO server launch is essentially just another private server to a lot of players. It doesn't matter if it's official or unofficial, it's still the same people playing. This is especially true with mage clans. Mage clans only enjoy the first couple months of USKO servers, after which they simply find another server to play in. I'm pretty sure the amount of mage clans in SteamKO has dropped considerably since the beginning.
    most people who play this game buy walkry set + pus shit each month. it makes no sense to open new servers just to sell premium which most people buy anyways. and no im not pulling it out of my ass its an estimate

about 6 years ago all servers had 2 channels and channel 1 was almost always full so about 1500 users in channel 1 and about 600 in channel 2 that's 2000 users per server and there was like 15 servers. now there is 10,000 on steamko. and probably max 5k on usko

Quote Originally Posted by iThardy View Post
    That was exactly what I said in my comment.
    But the only reason for KO still being alive is making new serves, so we'll see new servers like everyone second month or something it seems
    Technically if you average it out, the rate of new server launch is every 7 months. SteamKO is an exception which was launched 6 months after midgard. Olympia is technically released 9 months after midgard.

keep olympia, merge xig, adonis, and bermus

have 4servers

Little archer Senior Member

I'd say babashoppers who have +9 +2 +3 items yet still 24/7 farm and boss hunt like their worthless lives depended on it are the ones that kill the game.
    Zwn likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast