Newspaper columnist seeks questions for K2, What should I ask during Dec. 18 visit?

This is a discussion on Newspaper columnist seeks questions for K2, What should I ask during Dec. 18 visit? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Since there wasn't any post about this, here's a post that Colin stewart wrote on official forums. Dear K2 game ...
Page: 1

Manilas

Since there wasn't any post about this, here's a post that Colin stewart wrote on official forums.

Dear K2 game players:

About a year ago, I wrote an article about K2 that dozens of gamers told me was much too positive about the company. (You can find it at http://innovation.freedomblogging.co...ay-for-extras/ )

Now, after many months of delays on both sides, K2 folks have agreed to meet with me again, on Tuesday, Dec. 18, to discuss issues that gamers raised about customer service, hacking and computer security.

Below are the sorts of complaints that I heard when I previously wrote about K2. I don't know which ones are still valid, if any. I'd appreciate any updates and further suggestions that current K2 players could post here or send me directly at [email protected].

Colin Stewart
    Innovation columnist
    O.C. Register
    Santa Ana, Calif.

-- Hackers who have broken the rules to amass powers that honest players lack, putting the honest players at a disadvantage.
    -- A large community of Turkish players who can't communicate with English-language players and gang up on them.
    -- Sales of hacking programs (or valuable objects achieved by hacking) at Internet cafes.
    -- Little disincentive for hacking in a "Free2Play" environment, because players who are banned don't lose money they've paid for a subscription, as they would in "World of Warcraft," for example. They can simply adopt a new name and sign in again.
    -- Inadequate firewalls and similar computer security systems.
    -- Players who haven't paid to upgrade from the free level to premium level received only automated responses to their queries and requests for assistance.
    -- Players who haven't paid to upgrade from the free level to premium level serve as nothing more than cannon fodder to be slaughtered by players who pay?
    -- Do problems apply primarily or exclusively to Knight Online, or are other K2 games problematic too? If so, which ones and how?
    -- Not enough gamemasters to control cheating and bad manners.
    -- Hackers raid players' accounts and K2 doesn't help restore what was lost.[/b]
    So, to those interested, be sure to check OCRegister.com

Jay

today is dec19th, according to the date above the interview happened yesterday :P

Manilas

I know, was expecting someone to post it but you'll know to check the ocregister for maybe more lies.

HotAsIce

Should be interesting to read what bullshit the producers and developers came up with this time to pass their company off as acceptable eh? The first interview was a joke. I nkow several people who sent e-mails and written letters to this person telling him how they decieved him in incredulous ways.

japo

K2 will never enable again the restore item for hacked people? i think the game will atract more people if they help on that ^^

If scammers or hackers are punished that game will be cool and we wont never have to worry about that shits

they only have to check trade logs, or letter system or ips. they are absolutely capacited for do that, now they should do that step.

HotAsIce

But doing so will mean more people will demand to be checked for these things when they claim to be hacked, ect. meaning K2 will have to hire a significant amount of people just to do that. Paying that many more people a fulltime salary and health benefits probably isn't on the top of their to-do list. maybe its something we can look forward to if they decide to combine a couple of their servers and get to save money on the maintenance and space from those servers being gone.

im pretty sure i emailed this guy way back when he first did the article yelling at him for writing propaganda for k2

i emailed again told him a few things about k2