Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NO PREMIUM IN NOVEMBER----Genius or Foolish?

This is a discussion on NO PREMIUM IN NOVEMBER----Genius or Foolish? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I agree 100000% with NO KOXP and the terminating of all noobs who use it. However, have u thought that ...
Page: 1

Geodine

Default NO PREMIUM IN NOVEMBER----Genius or Foolish?

I agree 100000% with NO KOXP and the terminating of all noobs who use it.
    However, have u thought that if the 500+ people i know of who will not buy premium in november, the funds for K2 will be insufficient for the man power they will need to solve this fuked up problem.

Wot Do You Think? :blink:

dazlin

Default Re: NO PREMIUM IN NOVEMBER----Genius or Foolish?

Originally posted by Geodine
    I agree 100000% with NO KOXP and the terminating of all noobs who use it.
    However, have u thought that if the 500+ people i know of who will not buy premium in november, the funds for K2 will be insufficient for the man power they will need to solve this fuked up problem.

Wot Do You Think? :blink:

500 x 24.95 = 12,475
    1000 x 24.95 = 24,950.

Now take a blind estimate at how many thousands of people pay for premium. I think it will only make a very small dent in the pockets. Not to mentions the HUGE profits they reap from MUonline.

Hells Kitchen

foolish, wont go any where.

koxp makes millions a year, there is no reason to not make something to get around k2's security a day or2 after release

i ran out of prem, couple days ago and I've got plenty of KC to last me the month :rollseyes:
    turkrushhourisoveratnight ftw

Geodine

I cant begin to understand the technical shit needed to track KOXP or w/e but if with everyone paying premium now or are just running out (like me--9 days left), then maybe that small amount will be the last blow before KO KO's.
    Im still on the fence whether to buy it again :S

Hells Kitchen

just buy it, trust me it's a great idea yes, but.. the person who patchs KOXP will always find a way to bypass/ac tool ways to get past the anti-hack program... so its just a never ending patch war, KO patches it up then KOXP patches their to by-pass x-trap and so on... this will never end. Every game has this type of cheat just its way over used in KO cuz so many turks use it.

Geodine

Are turks computer boffs then? Cos i never seem to see any other nationality use it.

dazlin

Well they could easily auto-detect koxp. I refer to a method used by Punkbuster for Americas Army, another game plagued with cheats. All they have to do is scan running processes for whatever Koxp is using as a process name. ATM it would be knightonline_ak whatever.. Macroers could hide the process with process guard or similar programs (hackers did same thing on AA), but then they can just not let KO run with process blockers running (like AA eventually did). It worked pretty damn good. But since the release of 2.7 AA there hasnt been hackers cuz the developers fixed the game engine so it could'nt be exploited anymore. K2 will eventually have to do the same thing.

DragonFire

Originally posted by giga
    koxp makes millions a year,
    Are you kidding? They don't make Millions..get real..

koxp doesn't make hardly any money at all people think this only because of the ammount of people using it . when koxp isn't cracked there are only a hand full of ppl using koxp on each server and others using free programs that are not equal to koxp .

some people dont even know but for longest time u couldn't even buy koxp for like 2-4 months unless u had western union and it was through a third party

and no premium was great idea u can obviously see it scared ko so they sent out turkish persatis to spread some bs about 900 accounts banned a day

Zan_

Originally posted by Hells Kitchen
    just buy it, trust me it's a great idea yes, but.. the person who patchs KOXP will always find a way to bypass/ac tool ways to get past the anti-hack program... so its just a never ending patch war, KO patches it up then KOXP patches their to by-pass x-trap and so on... this will never end. Every game has this type of cheat just its way over used in KO cuz so many turks use it.
    Dude....I donīt think that you get the point. We are demanding more active GM's or whatever to make take care of the cheaters. Sure they by-pass it somehow just to be able to play for 30 minutes before they get permantly BANNED. Then K2 can patch again so they canīt use any cheats.....this will lead to people getting around that again.

Use cheats for 1 hour before GM/or some program detects them...and guess what? BAN! I donīt mind it going round and round like that......just aslong as I know we have active people dealing with these issues.

Geodine

Finally a clear explanation. Ty man.

while k2 makes money out of us they dont care about anything else as we can all see so maybe if they're gonna stop getting their money for a good reason they will do something about cheaters.. my opinion anyway

JUGGY

In theory no premium till they fix something seems like a good idea, I'm just not sure how many people are going to stick to it when they go to log in and see "NO NON-PREMIUM USERS ALLOWED AT THIS TIME".

Kulisek

We can try it, but i dont expect any efect.
    It can have any efect if all players wont pay premium in 1 month, but not with 500 players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast